Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Calling all artists: Logo Designs Needed

Claptrap's Problem Solver

Calling all artists: Logo Designs Needed

Attention all members.....

If you have any graphical design skills, the forum needs your assistance.

In an effort to avoid any legal issues or problems we need to design a new logo for shtfready.com We simply can't use the ant logo found in the banner in the top left portion of the screen.

So we're asking for your help to come up with a logo design. This would be used in various promotional items such as (but not limited to) stickers, patches, challenge coins, business cards, etc

Here's what we'd like

1) Include an ant head or ant in the design
    2) Include the website address in the design
    3) The rest is up to you and your imagination

Just keep in mind that you can't take any copyrighted materials or any imagine that we'd need permission to use. In other words, you can't go copy the McDonalds Golden Arches and plop them in your design.

Hope this makes sense....please let us know if you have any questions. If you decide to come up with something just post it in this thread (or pm the image to me and I'd be glad to post it for you)

Thanks in advance for your help!
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout

He's old and grumpy, but not fat. He'll be right back...he has to go tell some kids to get off his lawn

I 'll have 3 designs for you tomorrow.
    "There are no winners in war, only bigger losers"

If you see me or hear me coming, I'm not doing my job.

The source of all known trouble in the universe

Remember that this is not a freebie. I want to pay for the winning design.

Claptrap's Problem Solver

Lunchbox donated the idea of an ant, in full load of pack, harness, etc walking over top the website address.

I have zero artistic talent but if someone who can draw wants to work on that theme LB gave open access to the idea.
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout

Does NOT use a snake bit sucker kit on snake bits

I can't draw but one of my nephews draws action figurers like you wouldn't believe. I'll see if he wants to draw something up for us.

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Lunchbox donated the idea of an ant, in full load of pack, harness, etc walking over top the website address.

I have zero artistic talent but if someone who can draw wants to work on that theme LB gave open access to the idea.
    I see it as the website letters being larger and smaller to show ups and downs. But as I told Stig, I see but can't draw worth crap.
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

For the Love of Cats

^
    If the letters were in lower case, That would provide natural ups and downs...

How is the Ant head copywrited? due to the colour scheme? An ant head/ant is a generic shape that can be used by anyone. If all it would take is a revamp to the colour scheme, that might make things earlier

Personally I would like to see something simple enough to be sketched, scratched, markerd, or spraypainted quickly by anyone.

If SHTF, and I want to put up a notice that this group is welcome, I could spraypaint the head on the road marking a path to a safe house

A laugh a minute
    I can not draw either but here is what I thought of. A fully dressed decked out RAMBO ANT. With big muscles, two rifles one in each hand. Bullets acrossed his chest. With the websight going around the top. At the bottom it says ARE YOU SHFT READY?

Does NOT use a snake bit sucker kit on snake bits

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    ^
    If the letters were in lower case, That would provide natural ups and downs...

How is the Ant head copywrited? due to the colour scheme? An ant head/ant is a generic shape that can be used by anyone. If all it would take is a revamp to the colour scheme, that might make things earlier

Personally I would like to see something simple enough to be sketched, scratched, markerd, or spraypainted quickly by anyone.

If SHTF, and I want to put up a notice that this group is welcome, I could spraypaint the head on the road marking a path to a safe house
    We can do a full on ant and web site for what ever and have just a matching head for the Icon/badge/avatar/brand.

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

^^E, that sounds good. As stated....if someone wanted to mark an area they could just use the head as a symbol no matter what color.
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.