Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prepping Mindset, And You

Dont worry about shitting yourself
    Good post. That's pretty much the way I've tried to prep as well. Over the years we had our share of small shtf events, which weren't major but could've been a real PITA if we hadn't been prepared. For a few friends who think we're a bit nuts, I've always told them this, but they just "wing it" whenever something happens.
    We usually almost enjoy ourselves. It almost sucked when the power and phone came back 2 wks after Hurricane Isabel.

Do you have a robot?
    Great post I too have prepared along the same lines. You know being so dependent upon electricity I need to get more redundancy into my system. My BOL will have a root cellar that will also be a shelter if needed. I too am going to be putting it on a fast track when things dry out.

If it ever goes to a Mad Max situation I am screwed, since I'm bald I guess I would have to grow a reverse Mohawk.

For the Love of Cats

^ Grow a beard and do a comb over!

comb both sides up, and put it in a pony tail

Do you have a robot?
    Nahhhhhhhhh bald is beautiful...and I never have a bad hair day.

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

Quote Originally Posted by realist View Post
    Nahhhhhhhhh bald is beautiful...and I never have a bad hair day.
    God only made so many perfect heads; the rest he covered with hair!
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

Good post AK. I've related on the board before that I learned this mindset in Boy Scouts, church and from my family. To me it's really more of a lifestyle. Being responsible for a concrete block plant and an off-road equipment fleet I have to be prepared, because if I'm not, we lose money and the owners frown on that! Also, this mindset is basic to self-reliance and taking responsibility for my own actions.
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

Give him a home, where the buffalo roam, and they make "wood" for his cookin fires all day
    Never trust a badly. Sun bakes there brain and ya never know....