Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Important warning!!

For the Love of Cats

yep, MTR... that's exactly what you do... if you want to hobble on crutches and have your wife open ketchup bottles for you for the rest of your life!

Me, I'd hightail it back to the house and grab a camera and a .22! Let the show begin.

would drano, in itself eat through a 2 liter bottle? could some foil be added to the bottle, without allowing it to touch the drano. could this be set up as a defensive system, which is safe, unless tipped over? ie drano in first, shove some tinfoil in, but keep a tail out, that you secure by screwing the cap on. stand the bottle 20-30 feet ahead of the trigger, and have a trip wire running back and across the path. someone trips it. reaction starts, they get close, they regret trespassing?

I AM NOT ADVOCATING DOING ANYTHING LIKE THIS, AS UNDER OUR CURRENT LAWS IT WOULD BE ILLEGAL!!! AND IT WOULD BE DANGEROUS!!! DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME!!!

I am however, hypothesizing if there could be a practical value to this knowledge.

Further, what would happen in a glass or steel container?

MODS!!! If this post goes beyond acceptable boundaries, please delete, and chastise gently... I know it is pushing it!

Crotch Rocket

Now why would I warn you? lol
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

A laugh a minute
    OH NO YOU DIDN"T !!!!!!!!!!!Sniper you know better. If they come get you , I don't know you OK? You are a hermit.

For the Love of Cats

I am as close to being a hermit as I can be with a day job. On Friday, when I win the lottery, my transformation to hermitville will be complete!

mwahahahaha

Oh... wait... that's... meh, nevermind, that works too.

lol

Crotch Rocket

Sniper, I'm not going to worry about deleting it, but I think this discussion is better left as a warning against the reality of what some folks are doing with them.

The line between that reality and the hypothetical is very thin, and its my opinion there really is little to no practical value for such a device.

And now, back to my regularly practiced smartassery:

There's a time delay for the reaction to occur, I feel pretty certain I could get my hand clear in time
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

For the Love of Cats

That is true (time delay)... but would that not be dependant on the amount of drano, the amount of foil, the compactedness of the foil (a tighter ball would allow less contact), and when it was left??

These are all, IMO, variables that you do not know, if you were to stumble across one.

No?

Bacon Spam

aren't they doing the same sort of thing with foil and " the Works toilet bowl cleaner " ?

Claims to have NEVER worn pink. Likely story.

Same exact thing actually rentprop... they are essentially the same substances...
    It is, of course, obvious that speed, or height of fall, is not in itself injurious ... but a high rate of change of velocity, such as occurs after a 10 story fall onto concrete, is another matter.

The hot sexy one

Well...............Back during my younger years...I know that it will melt plastic before exploding, thus our idea of mason jars. Once a 22 bullet made contact after a couple minutes the resulting pop was wicked.....We never left one , so I don't know if the pressure would have been enough pop the glass................We moved on to hot full cans of beer and spray paint cans....................I bet that farm pond is one heck of a source for lead.