Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Killed my first snake of the season

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

Quote Originally Posted by helomech View Post
    I have found that copperheads are not aggressive at all. My puppy stepped on on the other night and it didn't even try to strike. I have picked up a bunch of them and they never got aggressive.

Here is the biggest one I ever caught, and yes I did release him alive.

Way cool Helo!!! WheN I was a teenager and later I was (and still am) an amateur herpetologist. That is a beautiful specimen and very large, so he is probably the ophidian version of ol' Grumpy. If you happen to kill one around 30" I have a brown Tom Mix hat that is crying out for a copperhead hat band! I'll send you the glycerin!
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
    Way cool Helo!!! WheN I was a teenager and later I was (and still am) an amateur herpetologist. That is a beautiful specimen and very large, so he is probably the ophidian version of ol' Grumpy. If you happen to kill one around 30" I have a brown Tom Mix hat that is crying out for a copperhead hat band! I'll send you the glycerin!
    I usually don't kill them, only kill the ones right near the house. Scared the dogs or kids will get bit. The one in this pic was well over 3 feet. But I'll keep you in mind if I see a big one.

For the Love of Cats

I just got this via email, so I don't know the authenticity of it. But I thought I'd share anyways. Maybe some of you from the panhandle can confirm it...

THIS IS WHY YOU NEED A CONCEALED PISTOL LICENSE
    SO YOU CAN LEGALLY CARRY IN THE FLORIDA SWAMPS!
    THESE ARE THE GUYS LIVING IN THE FLORIDA EVERGLADES NOW! Seems a sheep farmer was puzzled about the disappearance of some sheep on his farm. After a few weeks the farmer decided to put up an electric fence.

About a week later, this is what he found!

Now, I know we've all heard of people being eaten by snakes & I bet most of us have said, 'If a snake tried to eat me, I'd blah, blah, blah & get away.'

Well, this is a Python & they're extremely aggressive & have a few teeth that they use to hold their prey while they wrap around them & then constrict.

Could you get away if this one bit you & held on with it's 'few teeth?'

(Note: The wires are 10 inches apart.) 2O IN. GAP!!!

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

I would absolutely shit a brick
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Claims to have NEVER worn pink. Likely story.

Eh, pythons in the everglades... they are nasty... they have eaten gators whole too... All I can say is that the everglades is quickly becoming a target rich environment if you like hunting invasive snakes...
    It is, of course, obvious that speed, or height of fall, is not in itself injurious ... but a high rate of change of velocity, such as occurs after a 10 story fall onto concrete, is another matter.

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Quote Originally Posted by izzyscout21 View Post
    I would absolutely shit a brick
    *nodding head* yup. . . .

A laugh a minute
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    I just got this via email, so I don't know the authenticity of it. But I thought I'd share anyways. Maybe some of you from the panhandle can confirm it...

THESE ARE THE GUYS LIVING IN THE FLORIDA EVERGLADES NOW! Seems a sheep farmer was puzzled about the disappearance of some sheep on his farm. After a few weeks the farmer decided to put up an electric fence.

Now, I know we've all heard of people being eaten by snakes & I bet most of us have said, 'If a snake tried to eat me, I'd blah, blah, blah & get away.'

Well, this is a Python & they're extremely aggressive & have a few teeth that they use to hold their prey while they wrap around them & then constrict.

Looks about the same size as the one I had. Raised her from birth. She was a Burmese Python. Beautiful snake. When I got rid of hershe was 15 ft. long, weigh 100 and loved to ride in the truck.

here is what one that size looks like. This is not her. My snakes name was Venus

Last edited by Taz Baby; 04-13-2012 at 09:46 PM.

I see a nice set of boots in someone's future...............
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Taz Baby View Post
    Looks about the same size as the one I had. Raised her from birth. She was a Burmese Python. Beautiful snake. When I got rid of hershe was 15 ft. long, weigh 100 and loved to ride in the truck.

here is what one that size looks like. This is not her. My snakes name was Venus

You are nuts.

Claims to have NEVER worn pink. Likely story.

All I can say is, that thing reminds me of something id see in Tremors or some other monster movie... I agree with izzy, I see boots, belts, and a host of other products from him if i found him! I think its the teeth that realyl scare the **** out of me... if he closed his damn mouth he would look pretty cool... and maybe a little less monster like...
    It is, of course, obvious that speed, or height of fall, is not in itself injurious ... but a high rate of change of velocity, such as occurs after a 10 story fall onto concrete, is another matter.