Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: American’s “Arab Spring"

A laugh a minute
    When using theMoveOn.org Civic Action link, I didn't pay any attention to the miles away, the first time I did it. It only said 30 miles. There was just 1 small group. Then I went back and changed the miles to 50 and still only 1 group. But when I changed to to 100 miles it came back a lot. So you might want to check longer miles away than what it is when you first do it.

I'll most likely shit myself

Stig I apologize for driving off the road last night. It had been a long day of work and a million thoughts running thru my head. Tinfoil was not my intention, although on second read it sure came across that way. The way my brain works is, working out a scenario in a worst case way and try to work thru what my response to it would be. My thoughts on politics sometimes jump up and bite me in the ass.

The way I put this issue to work for planning is along these lines. There potentially could be mass crowds/protests in many various areas. So I am planning which routes or detours to take to avoid these areas. Planning where and when to do certain things such as shopping or visiting family or friends. From looking at the move on website, it appears most of these protest are taking place on weekends, so maybe plan your outings for mid week if possible. If you are traveling out of town, check out that area with the same criteria. Plan your travels around potential problem areas.

Grumpy made a couple of great points in his last post. Situational awareness! Even your best plans can and will go to shit at some point, most likely. The sooner you recognize it happening the better. Keeping plenty of cash on hand can be huge on short notice events. As always don't let your fuel run low, I've been trying to stay above 3/4 and no less than 1/2 a tank.

Where's the epi?

I went back and did a 100 mile search and there are 4 of them....one is full (30 people) and all the others have no more than 29 people with a max of 100 seats available. I don't think they have a lot of power in our neck of the woods.
    I apologize for nothing...

Walking on Sunshine

Checked my area, only have one max 200 but only 104 signed on. These things tend to center around State Capitol but with what's been going on in Michigan lately and us being about 5-10 minutes down the road from the Capital, I'm concerned it will get ugly. Have checked the plywood stash in garage, believe we have enough. I am on edge right now as 2 weeks ago , deputies woke us up (because DH left bathroom window wide open) to tell us there was someone or somebodies going around looking at the houses with a flashlight in our neighborhood and Our across street neighbor putting trash out about that time told me he told them he saw someone running from side of our house to a pick up down the road from his house. Deputies asked him to describe truck, we don't have streetlights down that street so he couldn't give them anything but it was a dark truck and he couldn't see the person or anything about the truck. It's going to be interesting this summer.

My biggest concern is that my area will share it's resources and be vulnerable when dealing with regular problems. It is not unusual for agencies in my area to send police and fire assisstance to other nearby areas when needed. So far this has worked out well for everyone. However, there are 6 of these "training" events located 75 miles or less from me. This is happening at a time when police and fire call usually increase. My concern is that agencies will become spread thin in dealing with this and then everything will become an issue.

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

This may be germane to this discussion. This link allows you to check your location relative to projected trouble spots in more populous areas.

Map of the Dead - Zombie Survival Map
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com