Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Best 3 Pieces of gear you've acquired, and why?

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    .38... .22... .380... .32... All these guns have been used for self defence for many years, by everyone. If I had a choice, I would rather not be shot with anything, but if I'm the one shooting, I would rather be shooting a .22 than swinging a stick, or poking with a blade.

I do see the attributes of 9mm, 40, 44, 45, 357, 500, 700 nitro, etc.... but even a simple .22 is better than nothing... and I seem to recall reading somewhere the weapon of choice by assassins for close quarters wet work.

Caliber be damned, I would much rather face an opponent with a .50 desert eagle, that is shaking and not comfortable with it, than a grizzled old fucker with a .22 that points unwaveringly at my left eye.

imo
    Yeah, I really hate caliber arguments. I would feel just fine carrying a 22lr in all but very dangerous situations. One day I will fine a PMR30. 30 rounds of 22 mag will make me feel just fine.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    I would much rather face an opponent with a .50 desert eagle, that is shaking and not comfortable with it, than a grizzled old fucker with a .22 that points unwaveringly at my left eye.
    Akin to the old saying I really like...
    Id rather be a sheep in an army lead by a wolf, than be a wolf in an army led by a sheep.

EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

Crotch Rocket

I've got a new update. My three new best are my Gerber utility knife, my headlamp, and my OSOE low pro edc belt. These are the three I get the absolute most practical use out of. Daily on two, regularly with the head lamp.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

For the Love of Cats

A week or so ago, I somehow managed to lose my knife

Sucks hard. It was the great one I got from Domeguy a couple years ago. I've been trying to fill it's shoes with different backups I have kicking around, but it's just not the same. Heading to Cabelas tomorrow to buy a new one!
    Woot! About a week or so ago, I found it hiding under the front step! For the life of me I can't think of how it got there. I figure I musta put it down and one of the cats tried to hide it on me!

lil' bastards!
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Crotch Rocket

Glad you found it, T. A favored knife is hard to replace. But, the Gerber I just so recently spoke of? Not so much. They cut their own blades and standard razors don't fit as precisely. The lock up isnt as tight. It seems to only be a small aggravation, really, but its enough. Its getting replaced with another manufacturer of the same style.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

For the Love of Cats

will take some pics. as innocuous as it seems, it truly is an awesome knife. fits my hand PERFECTLY!!!!

BTW... THANKS AGAIN!!! Domeguy! I really, Really REALLY love this thing!!!
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

For the year:

Rogue Fitness Squat Rack
    Rogue Fitness Ohio Bar
    Rogue Fitness Weight Set

Fitness/Strong is so much more important than many other things. Longer performance at a high level, being able to get to the fight, etc.

Crotch Rocket

I agree, and I'm jealous. The only aspect of my living circumstances I don't like is the lack of space for such equipment. I had to talk my dad into an outbuilding for me, and that's not gonna happen any time soon.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

I also have got a set of Kettlebells, Pullup bar, Rope for rope climbs (or you can set it on the ground around something heavy and do the "duelling ropes") and some sandbags. Some of that can be improvised and stored in a small space then you can improvise heavy lifting.

Nothing prepares you for hard work, like hard work.

Crotch Rocket

Lol. I definitely do hard work at least. I get regular squats, deadlifts, and farmers walks in with the dirt, mulch, rock I move. Or tools working with my dad. Presses of building Kettlebells I need, but I have some free weights. I do pullups now at work off my lockups door frame. I've got one of those ab wheels, and as gimmicky as it seems it is actually damned effective. I never thought to get a dueling rope.

My biggest issue is time. I already get up at 4 am so I have time to exercise, do dry fire, and commune with my God. Having more equipment at home would certainly make things easier. Until then its improv at home or trek to the gym.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!