Thread: Clearing Your Mind

Claptrap's Problem Solver

Clearing Your Mind

Wow.

I got back last night from a 10 day adventure to Ohio to visit my Grandfather and attend a 3 day precision rifle class.

I purposely decided to strictly limit how many times I checked work emails and time spent online.

I have to say, unplugging from the electronic world for a bit was fantastic. This was the first time, in a long time, that I got to really unwind and decompress for a bit. I've done other things the past few years but they were shorter, and I checked emails/online like a fiend.

Anyway, it was good to just chill and interact with the other people I was with instead of being glued to the net.

As long as y'all promise to come back to shtfready.com after your break I highly recommend taking a break and unplugging from the WWW every now and again.
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout

For the Love of Cats

That's the best part of my fishing trips. Generally, where I go, there is no, electricity, no internet, no cell service, no phones, nothing. And you're right Stig, it is awesome to get away once in a while!
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

CC Gray Panther
    Where were you Ohio Stig.

Claptrap's Problem Solver

Eagle - in Dayton for part of the time, and about an hour east of Cincinnati the rest of the time.
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout

CC Gray Panther
    My 2nd. oldest son lives in Kettering next door to Dayton. Hope you had fun and enjoyed yourself.

A laugh a minute
    When waking up to the sounds of nature insted of cars and sirens, it puts you in a better mood. Very good for your body and miind. But to stay like that with noting but nature,youbetterprepare forit cuse it can also make you crazy at times.
    I am me,
    I am free,
    You can not change me.

If you try, you will see,
    That I am unchangeable,
    Because I am me.

This guy has "some" flashlights. Just a couple. As in, a metric-butt ton of em.

Camping with the kids.....we have a Weblos camp out next month that I'm doing a "Outdoorsman" presentation....that'll be fun and relaxing...

Resident Seafood Procurement Officer

Quote Originally Posted by Taz Baby View Post
    When waking up to the sounds of nature insted of cars and sirens, it puts you in a better mood. Very good for your body and miind. But to stay like that with noting but nature,youbetterprepare forit cuse it can also make you crazy at times.
    Absolutely. After about two weeks, I am ready to go nutso.
    Just because we are peaceful does not mean we have forgotten how to be violent.