Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hazardous Cargo

I'll most likely shit myself

I don't even want to think about work place problems. I'm on a nuclear reservation with at least one functioning reactor and all that goes along with that. Plus tons of various chemicals, boilers, etc. Within 10 miles or less is several other nuclear businesses. I have two interstaes and two substantial rivers to deal with as well, both of which handles large barge traffic , chem, nuc, prolly LNG as well. Lots of good shit around here. Somethings goes real bad i get to ride the blast wave. Shit i dont know how to surf.

For the Love of Cats

Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    ...Shit i dont know how to surf.
    I got your six, pal!

How to Surf, Learn to Surf
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    I don't even want to think about work place problems. I'm on a nuclear reservation with at least one functioning reactor and all that goes along with that. Plus tons of various chemicals, boilers, etc. Within 10 miles or less is several other nuclear businesses. I have two interstaes and two substantial rivers to deal with as well, both of which handles large barge traffic , chem, nuc, prolly LNG as well. Lots of good shit around here. Somethings goes real bad i get to ride the blast wave. Shit i dont know how to surf.
    nuclear meltdowns are something very real man and to be honest not a thing we can do about it. as i said i am like 20 miles from TMI thats three mile island they people around that place are real screwed up. guess all you can do is put ya head between ya legs and kiss your ass good bye

Do you have a robot?
    You would be amazed at what it out there. There are so many different types of chemicals and more being made all the time. The one thing that they can not tell you is what will happen when a bunch of them get mixed together when there is a crash of a truck or a train derailment. This is what I call a mutant environment, not good. The best you can do is try to limit your exposure and know which way the wind blows. BTW LNG is nasty that is why most ports do not allow them to enter.

Wants to know if that is a nut tool for a fire hydrant nozzle

anything and everything, railroad tracks 100 ft from my house. Had a derail 1 mile south of me 2 yrs ago, it got me thinking

I'll most likely shit myself

In all honesty Train derailments scare me worse than the area I work in does. We have all kinds of rules and procedures that are reviewed very frequently and safety is a top priority. In a train wreck it just is what it is. I'm not even sure they have seperation of cars between chemicals or not. It might not even matter.