Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Camo hideout discovered in park

Crotch Rocket

While there are laws I don't personally agree with I would suggest some caution in how they're discussed here.

As for the squatter, I'm impressed by what he was able to build and how long he remained undetected in it. I'm sure he understood the risks of his actions, it sounds too well organized for him not to.

I wouldn't be surprised if the jail time for the illegal activities is an accepted cost of doing business to him.

Has been known to look at Izzy's trunk. Stares at the junk in Izzy's trunk. Get it...he's checking out Izzy's trunk.

Sounds like he has some survival skills that 90% of the population lack, and marijuana will have its uses post shtf whether you agree or not.

Disclaimer: I do not use or condone the use of marijuana.
    “The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.” ~ G.K. Chesterton

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

For the record, he was 70 miles west of me, thank the Lord. But even out here we have squatters living in boarded up developments. But the guy was pretty crafty. And the other part to this is he won't do time for the simple reason that Fed court has ordered prisoner release because of overcrowding. So the rat bastiges bus them out to smaller communities like mine to relieve the pressure on the system. I typically sleep with one eye open.

Counting the days...........
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

Has been known to look at Izzy's trunk. Stares at the junk in Izzy's trunk. Get it...he's checking out Izzy's trunk.

I feel for you Grumpy, Lunchbox and I both work in law enforcement so we deal with the scum of the earth everyday. Keep your guard up.
    “The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.” ~ G.K. Chesterton

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

Quote Originally Posted by LUNCHBOX View Post
    Got to give him his due for trying. To bad there hitting him so hard.
    Not to start any arguments about my comment but I was looking at this situation in a survival mentality. This guy is jobless, homeless (we don't know why) and he is just trying to get by. Don't get me wrong....I don't agree with anything that requires the law to be broken or condone what he did. IIRC I have read in other posts how "some of us" would do what it takes to make it through a scenario. In this incident....this is his SHTF scenaio. Thats all I meant. I take no offense in how others feel about my post.
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.