Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Flares....

This guy has "some" flashlights. Just a couple. As in, a metric-butt ton of em.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    or to blind someone using night vision???
    Auto gated baby!!!

A buddy asked for help mixing up some of those.....simple enough......but they stink....badly....wife wouldn't let me bring clothes inside....had to wash them outside.
    The Difference Between a Welfare State and a Totalitarian State is a Matter of Time.

I'll most likely shit myself

Damn it! My needs list just keeps growin these last few days.

Where's the epi?

I was thinking about this last week. Since getting to our property is impossible unless you have keys to the gates I was thinking that if shtf and people needed to get to us, how would we know they were at the gate waiting to get it if we didn't know when they were coming and the cell phones were down? Flares towards our property was what come to mind...we would be able to see them and know we needed to come to the gate. Kind of like a really pretty doorbell.
    I apologize for nothing...

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

Lady, not abad idea (be careful in summer-fires) you could hide them in a fake rock or hollow tree, a certain color so you know.
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

Quote Originally Posted by ladyhk13 View Post
    I was thinking about this last week. Since getting to our property is impossible unless you have keys to the gates I was thinking that if shtf and people needed to get to us, how would we know they were at the gate waiting to get it if we didn't know when they were coming and the cell phones were down? Flares towards our property was what come to mind...we would be able to see them and know we needed to come to the gate. Kind of like a really pretty doorbell.
    TA-312s....

The Difference Between a Welfare State and a Totalitarian State is a Matter of Time.

Thinks it might be German

Quote Originally Posted by ladyhk13 View Post
    For the above scenario, I'd opt for something like this depending on the distance needed. Cheap and simple... Just like me!

or

The 12 Gauge... It's not just for rabbits anymore.

Claims to have NEVER worn pink. Likely story.

I also vote something non pyrotechnic... one wise guy and your place is up in flames with everything you own, at the worst possible time... Depending on how far the gate is from the house, the 312 phone system or the bell would work...
    It is, of course, obvious that speed, or height of fall, is not in itself injurious ... but a high rate of change of velocity, such as occurs after a 10 story fall onto concrete, is another matter.

I have a couple cut off high pressure cylinders to use for bells....on a cold and clear winter day....4 miles plus.

- - - Updated - - -

I also make the dinner bells like pictured.....they work....about 1/2 mile

Dont worry about shitting yourself
    I have one of the pen flares like the military uses, you screw the flare onto the end. Got a handful of flares for it.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfixr View Post
    I have one of the pen flares like the military uses, you screw the flare onto the end. Got a handful of flares for it.
    Larue makes a rail mounted pen flare launcher for people running checkpoints to be able to launch them at a vehicle without taking their hands off the rifle... It's a hundred bucks, but it's kinda cool.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.