Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Starting building plans for house on BOL

Bacon saver

Geez, do you guys have to bring the cats over here? Go back to the camp!

Now, isn't it great being able picking out "your own" little place to build a house on "your very own" property? The safe room I guess would depend on the layout of your house. Would you even want an escape route out of your safe room? A back door so to speak? The old secret tunnel out to the wood shed? Does your property support a basement? Those kinds of things. Me? I guess If I had the equipment and materials I would go nuts! Just some random thoughts, "arcing and sparking" so to speak.

Be safe.............the night is your friend.

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    I don't know if you have looked yet, but have you considered a geodesic dome. My wife and I built a 50 foot dome with a 26 dome which would the garage, but I use it for storage and my workshop. I know you are wanting an open floor plan, you can't do any better. Since the dome shell is a self supporting structure, you can put any walls anywhere. As for super insulated, again, you can't do much better Than a dome. A dome company in MN makes their dome with 2 x 6 w/ plywood supports that makes an 11 inch insulated dome shell.
    If you interested , pm me and I will send you my email so you can get more info.

For the Love of Cats

^
    aha... and the nickname 'Dome guy' suddenly makes sense!
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    For hidden/panic rooms, these guys have some great ideas. . .

http://hiddenpassageway.com/gallery/
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

In his experience the hammer head is better

Thanks everyone, sorry I havent been around much to answer. Dome guy I havent checked them out yet, but I will look into it...expect me buggin you for some info . Thanks stormfeather for the info.

As for some updates we are still looking into plans to build up there. However things may be changing here and I may be stumbling into a very nice house in the country on a small lot with a barn. So the plans for the BOl are changing a little. We are looking at possibly building a large pole barn, with a loft. This will be built so the loft will be a large bunk house, with full amenities. The barn will replace the semi trailers we have now. It will act as a fix for a few problems we have up there.
    "When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty." Thomas Jefferson
    "It's less dangerous, to run across a wild animal than a stranger." Vasily Peskov

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    [QUOTE=apssbc;55881]Thanks everyone, sorry I havent been around much to answer. Dome guy I havent checked them out yet, but I will look into it...expect me buggin you for some info . Thanks stormfeather for the info.

I am at your service sir, day or night. I believe it's Oregon Domes that makes the super wall insulation package.