Page 133 of 389 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143183233 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

prepguide
    Yesterday I did something that I don't do often enough, I rested and relaxed. Got home Saturday from Texas after finishing up a good size consulting job that lasted the entire week. Got home quite a bit later than I had planned but that was because I stopped on the way home at the house of a prepper friend of mine. They invited me to join them for dinner and we had a great conversation and a terrific meal.

I took Sunday and did some laundry, dated and put away a load of groceries, caught up on some emails, wrote out the bills and watched a little football and a couple of movies. I slept really well last night and now feel much better going into this week. Its easy to forget to take some time for yourself once in awhile. I know that for me that is something I don't do as much as I should but when I do I make it count. Have a great week all.

Premium Member
    ^You gotta do that from time to time. Down time and recharging the batteries is good.

Things have been going pretty smoothly. Still on track to pay off the bills within my time frame, finally getting some things sold on craigslist, and I am teaching myself about motors. I traded an old bow for a go kart and took the carburetor apart. I'm still looking for replacements parts, but I think I will just take the motor out (5hp Tecumseh) and replace it with a 7hp Predator. I read that they are Honda clones and they are on sale. I bought a Springfield XDM. Between selliing on CL and doing surveys, it was almost free. I also got a free year membership to Sam's Club through a survey, so I can stock up easier. All of my do-it-myselfness seems to have inspired my husband. He started to make a cat condo out of scraps in the basement instead of spending $100 on one at the store. So more junk is getting out of the basement!

A laugh a minute
    You go girl on learning how to do for yourself. Give hubby a big brownie point for that one, (not spending and more DIY) Hopefully he will see that it is fun when you build something yourself.
    I am me,
    I am free,
    You can not change me.

If you try, you will see,
    That I am unchangeable,
    Because I am me.

prepguide
    So far this week I have managed to service nearly all of the assorted farm implements which I am really happy about. That puts me several weeks ahead on other maintenance concerns which increases the flexibility I have with some projects. Still have much to do but with 320 acres there is always more to do lol. Plans for the coming weeks include a major fencing job and adding more firewood

This guy has "some" flashlights. Just a couple. As in, a metric-butt ton of em.

Not really a prepping thing....

But my Christmas shopping is DONE!!!!

I don't have to deal with crowds....WOOHOO....
    The Difference Between a Welfare State and a Totalitarian State is a Matter of Time.

A laugh a minute
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo2 View Post
    Not really a prepping thing....

But my Christmas shopping is DONE!!!!

I don't have to deal with crowds....WOOHOO....
    Mine too I buy what I need when I need it. And for others, they get theirs on their birthday. Except for the Grandkids, they get what they ask for when they ask for it.
    I am me,
    I am free,
    You can not change me.

If you try, you will see,
    That I am unchangeable,
    Because I am me.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

I just scored 10 brand new in the wrap H&K AR mags for a whopping $40
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by izzyscout21 View Post
    I just scored 10 brand new in the wrap H&K AR mags for a whopping $40
    Not $40 for all? You mean $40 each? If you decide to sell any or can get more let me know.
    Don't wrestle with pigs; you'll get all muddy and the pigs will love it!

This guy has "some" flashlights. Just a couple. As in, a metric-butt ton of em.

Quote Originally Posted by Willie51 View Post
    Not $40 for all? You mean $40 each? If you decide to sell any or can get more let me know.
    That's what I was thinking.....lucky bastard....
    The Difference Between a Welfare State and a Totalitarian State is a Matter of Time.