Page 9 of 389 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Got a spare mag for my beretta 21a, and 4 20 rd. ak mags at the fun show last week. I really like the way the 20 rounders handle over the 30's and they fit in some of my 30 round AR pouches. bought a box of 50 CR123s from Battery Junction, I was down to 4 from my last shipment, so it was time. I saw a pretty sweet deal on a gun at the gun show, and when I told my wife about it she said "go back and buy it" but as a responsible adult who has already picked up one gun in the last few weeks, I didn't do it. This responsible parent, grown-up crap is getting really old! argh.

The source of all known trouble in the universe

Quote Originally Posted by LUNCHBOX View Post
    Picked up a Eotech 553 (pre-issued by US Special Operations Command)--it is nice since it runs on 123 batteries as well as my Surefire 6P. Also picked up a new pair of OTB boots in tan and a few cases of mres'
    I wasn't that impressed by mine. Probably will go back to a red dot system. How does this work for you?

Do you have change for a canned bacon?

Quote Originally Posted by RedJohn View Post
    I wasn't that impressed by mine. Probably will go back to a red dot system. How does this work for you?
    I have a Eotech 512 and a XPS2-2. I also have an Aimpoint Comp-C, a Tasco ProPoint, a Strike Fire and a couple of other lesser known brands of holo/red dot optics.
    My favorite by far is the Eotech XPS2-2
    Closely followed by the StrikeFire...
    They say that the cockroaches will be the last creature alive on this earth.
    I intend on being the last person alive still stomping cockroaches.

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

We will put it to the test. I will thread it in "equipment" and see how we feel.
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

ordered a set of AK200Y tech sights for my Yugo Folder, gonna finally be able to loctite the front sight in place and get it on paper. I had an issue with the front post "walking" up and down when I got it, I spread the ears on the bottom of the post out a little, but haven't had the time to go see if that fixed it or not. Either way, I've been captivated by the thought of lenghtening the sight radius on an AK for a long time, and since they never have them, and I can't afford a krebs system for my Yugo, I'm going with the tech sights. I watched nutnfancy's video of them and they seem nice, my buddy in LA says his yugo tech sights are so solid in the rear trunion that they might as well be welded in, so I'm excited about it, he says the push button detent that is built in to the yugo receiver really makes it super solid.

Range report to follow

I'll most likely shit myself

The last couple weeks I've picked up a old corn sheller, about $3.75 in pre 64 silver coins, a couple of CKRT knives, & 144 Esbit fuel tabs for my stove, I've found several US Army manuals on Ebook and loaded them on the Kindle.
    Got a trip planned to Sams Monday for another food and supply run.

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

Picked up the misses some bdus in woodland. Didn't like the tops when I was in, don't like them now, won't like them later but they are durable. Also picked up a bag of P-mags, now I have to decide between them or my brown followers.
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

Wants to know if that is a nut tool for a fire hydrant nozzle

@ backpacker,
    If you don't mind me asking, what basic supplies would you recommend from SAMs club? I've been debating becoming a member.

I'll most likely shit myself

I get quite a bit of different stuff from them. Ziploc bags, contractor garbage bags, tp, beans, rice, noodles, canned goods by the case or #10 cans, bulk spices, peanut butter, canned tuna, chicken, & turkey, kethcup, mustard, olive oil, nuts, drink mixes, coffe, creamer, soaps, paper plates, cups, lots of different OTC meds.
    They carry a lot of stuff and most everything is sold in bulk. Beans come in 6lb bags, rice from 10-50 lbs, sugar 25 &50 lbs. For me it's convienent as well. I have never shopped at one but have heard Costco is very similar to sams.

Wants to know if that is a nut tool for a fire hydrant nozzle

cool thanks.