Quote Originally Posted by ElevenBravo View Post
Odd transition... I went from 40 to 9 also, from M&P to G17.4 I like both, but *love* my 17!

I just loaded some 124g that I need to fly over the speed o meter and see how there doing, then I can load the rest... with focus on the match on the 26th.

EB
I know!! Back when I went through the academy in 05 everybody was buying 40's, and I jumped on the bandwagon and bought a Glock 22. I like it, and the 40 is a good round, but really there isn't enough difference in the ballistics to amount to much. 9mm ammo is cheaper and mag capacity is a little better, so I made the change. I'm keeping my 40, but will start carrying the 9mm once I get a couple hundred rounds through it. I went with the 19 since it's a little smaller than the 17. I can carry it on duty, but it's still small enough to carry off duty when I'm dressed more casually too. That way I can carry the same weapon comfortably all the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by helomech View Post
I need to get a glock one of these days. I have grown to realize there is really no difference between the 9, 40, and 45.
The pawn shop on the loop has several brand new 17's and 19's in stock, all Gen 4. They're $569 so costs about the same as Academy. But they're close to home and he does a 4 month layaway. You should go check them out. You can pick up a Gen 3 for around $500 new.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ElevenBravo View Post
1911.. pffftt...
LOL!! I want a 1911 so bad...but I've not shot one much. I can just see myself fumbling around with an external safety in a bad situation by myself on the side of the road and it not ending well. I'll probably get one someday but I won't carry one on duty.