Quote Originally Posted by T70 View Post
Full time is 16 weeks, tuition is $1,700 and probably another 1k or so for uniforms, books, gunbelt, and all that stuff. Not too bad. I knew it was coming so I saved enough cash to pay for a lot of it and he will keep working part time to help pay the rest.
Our academy out here is about $6,000 with tuition and equipment so it is not cheap. It would be interesting to see what the Fire academy costs vs the police academy. The environment is pretty shaky to go into law enforcement. My daughter was looking at it but decided to pursue nursing. Just the same everything goes in cycles. The press has really vilified the profession and hopefully in the future that will change. They really have a way of making everything look bad.

I spent three days this week up in the hills teaching a rifle instructor class to a neighboring sheriff's department. As it turns out one of the guys is a resident deputy where my cabin in going in. So hopefully this might work out great to have someone go by and keep an eye on the place. We plan on getting together next month again.