Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Nerds: Brainiacs and Savants

I'll most likely shit myself

Loads of math needed there for sure.

GunnerMax
    Everyone has their place, but warriors can be taught anything

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Quote Originally Posted by Stormfeather View Post
    I would venture to say, that experience would be the primary thing that a warrior brings to the table. Sure anyone can shoot a gun, but can they take a shot at say 380 meters in 8-10 mph winds from a left to right in a elevated position and hit a pie plate sized target on the first shot? (of course Izzy is going to sniff and say "duh. . even on a bad day. . .") Its things like that, I think that "warriors" bring to the table. Personally, I think the brains should compliment the muscle and vice versa.
    I'd never do such a thing..............

Quote Originally Posted by ladyhk13 View Post
    ^Hey but I bet a "brainiac" would be the perfect spotter for you.

I had several "brainiac" know it alls in my platoon................I had dreams of hitting them with a yellow fire engine...................
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    Loads of math needed there for sure.
    Calculators............. "Ug like rock. Ug love infantry. Ug like calcumalator..............shootem big stick.............this rock heavy.............."
    Last edited by izzyscout21; 08-24-2012 at 02:31 AM.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Where's the epi?

One of these days some of you are going to be so sorry that you are dissin' smart people like you are. Just saying. I think I'm going to move on to a nicer thread now.
    I apologize for nothing...

Quote Originally Posted by ladyhk13 View Post
    One of these days some of you are going to be so sorry that you are dissin' smart people like you are. Just saying. I think I'm going to move on to a nicer thread now.

Not dissing smart folk, I consider myself to be one......problem lies in when people are too smart for their own good or think they know more than they do.

Take my platoon mate, "PFC. O.". Nice as nice could be. Super smart kid........I mean really intelligent.....Sheldon Cooper smart.....
    problem is, he had no common sense and thought himself to be an expert about everything. He wasn't. He couldn't walk through the PX parking lot without almost dying in traffic.
    He even tried to psycho-analyze me when I yelled at him. Smart guy..............dumber than a horse turd.....................yellow.....fire.....truck .......

This guy has "some" flashlights. Just a couple. As in, a metric-butt ton of em.

Quote Originally Posted by izzyscout21 View Post
    I'd never do such a thing..............

I had several "brainiac" know it alls in my platoon................I had dreams of hitting them with a yellow fire engine...................
    So....why yellow?
    The Difference Between a Welfare State and a Totalitarian State is a Matter of Time.

Dont worry about shitting yourself
    While any idiot can pull a trigger, a warrior can take the fight to the enemy, or even know when the trigger doesn't need to be pulled.
    There's more to making war than just pulling a trigger.
    Nonetheless, the less warrior-like but smart about more mechanical type things are also important.

Most everybody brings something to the table. All can work together like the spokes of a wheel.

Except for maybe the self-aggrandizing know-it-alls with egos so large they can't through a hangar door.

But then again, somebody needs to fertilize the garden.

J/K

Quote Originally Posted by Echo2 View Post
    So....why yellow?

because it was different.

All kidding aside...... Guys let's reconsider what's being said here.

A lot of guys are coming out and saying "warrior this and warrior that.....blah, blah".

I want everyone to consider something. I don't believe that any one group of people will be any more valuable than another. I'm not a Thomas Edison any more than he was a gunfighter.........

Guys, personally for me, I don't want to live in a world where everyone is a warrior.

Those of us who are.....or have been there....done that....and have the scars:

Guys, WE represent humanity at it worst. We represent failure.....the failure of law, peace, and civility. We've seen the horror and atrocities caused by other "warriors".
    Do we really want to surround ourselves with more of us?

Look, I'm not saying that we're evil. I'm proud of what I've accomplished, as we all should be. I regret nothing I've done. However.....

It takes a special type of person to dedicate himself to the demise of others and the art of warfare. We're brutal monstrosities when the switch is flipped.

I long for the day when we are obsolete, but until then, I take pride in being a pipe-hitter. I stand to protect the nerds, the brainiacs, and the every day joe. They are our future, like it or not.

This guy has "some" flashlights. Just a couple. As in, a metric-butt ton of em.

Anyone who gets off on doing harm to another human needs to have the reigns pulled in....but being able to do it when necessary is a trait that will be necessary in the event.

Some folks are protectors...some folks need protected....there will inevitability be a need for both.....as there is now....just on a different level.

BTW....being a protector can mean hunting and removing the threat....not just defense.

Why not a yellow submarine?....
    The Difference Between a Welfare State and a Totalitarian State is a Matter of Time.