Thread: Jungle hammock

Need the worlds hottest pepper seeds? See him...

Jungle hammock

Anyone have experience with one they'd recommend?
    I'm looking for one for all day hunts down here in FL where I can relax in the middle of the day before going back to the stand.

Crotch Rocket

Jungle hammock

I don't have any experience with a jungle hammock, but would recommend avoiding the ENO slap straps as suspension. They stretch too much.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

If by jungle hammock you mean something like http://hennessyhammock.com/catalog/s...tion_asym_zip/

Then YES. And I can say I own 2 of those, one stays in my truck and the other in my BOB

they are amazing and I can't speak for other brands, however I can attest to Hennessy hammocks. I've used mine for about a year and it's still in excellent quality.

You are basically sleeping flat. But you need to lay a bit crooked.

Does NOT use a snake bit sucker kit on snake bits

I like this! and I also like that Radiant Double Bubble Pad that lower down on the ad. It would be good for those cooler nights.
    You don't need to be the strongest
    or the most intelligent to survive
    but by having the right tools and
    the adaptability of change
    is where you will prevail.

Looking to learn how to spoon....wait....what's that....oh....MAKE spoons

Jungle hammock

I like my treklight double hammock. Only thing is that it doesn't have an integral bug net, but that can be easily fixed.

yeah, I've never used those typically though I use something similar although proabably a bit less good. I like to layer under my sleep system with something like http://www.amazon.com/Grabber-Outdoo...+space+blanket
    works just as good, has multiple uses, and last pretty well.

I mean, you are hanging in the air so you really do need something to buffer you from the night air/wind.
    however, between a reusable space blanket like that on bottom and a sleep system like a bivi and decent sleepingbag w/ a wool blanket on top - you'll be sleeping cozy xD

I also like hammocks because one of my more realistic fears is flooding, as long as it's not a raging river and just mild flooding I can find a few trees to set up shop for a few days if needed (although never really been in a flood so that comment might be totally ignorant and it wouldn't work at all haha)