Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Greenhouse

Premium Member

The Greenhouse

Today I put a 40' shallow well in with a pump. Pretty easy to put down just needed to make sure I had enough water volume going down and I think I have hit an aquifer because I don't have to barely pump and I do not have to prime it at all.

That's what I like to see!

All it needs is to be cut down to a nice waist height and install the 4x4 to hold it up! I'm all about water sources on my land and even now before I raise it up out of the sediment layer and pump it to completely fresh it is clean drinkable water that will work when SHTF. But always ill boil it first just to be safe.
    Last edited by Buddychrist; 10-08-2012 at 12:09 AM.

Premium Member
    Man, I am very impressed!!!! .....and jealous! Great job there bud!!

This guy has "some" flashlights. Just a couple. As in, a metric-butt ton of em.

Was this a hoop kit?
    The Difference Between a Welfare State and a Totalitarian State is a Matter of Time.

Does NOT use a snake bit sucker kit on snake bits

Are you getting a sulfur smell at all from ether your deep or shallow well? The reason why I ask is because we are to the south and east of you and have a high salt and sulfur content in our deep well.
    You don't need to be the strongest
    or the most intelligent to survive
    but by having the right tools and
    the adaptability of change
    is where you will prevail.

Premium Member

The Greenhouse

Quote Originally Posted by Echo2 View Post
    Was this a hoop kit?
    I built the bender and a frame that I installed into the back of my truck bed to bend the pipes. They do sell benders off of eBay and I just matched their design from the pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Evolver View Post
    Are you getting a sulfur smell at all from ether your deep or shallow well? The reason why I ask is because we are to the south and east of you and have a high salt and sulfur content in our deep well.
    I'm lucky enough to be on dirt with a thin pack of clay about 6ft down and then it's sand down to the hard pack at 20-25ft so the sulfur is not bad at all and I have lived here so long I can't even tell when the water softener on my deep well is empty. I have no sulfur smell at all out of the shallow hand pump well because of it being filtered out by the sand layer.

They are really easy to put down if you would like me to post an intructable on it.

Premium Member

The Greenhouse

Quote Originally Posted by Willie51 View Post
    Man, I am very impressed!!!! .....and jealous! Great job there bud!!
    Thanks man if you want me to take closer pictures of the framework I can and I can also find an eBay link to the bender that I replicated and built out of my shop.

When you put it up it looks terrible but once you put up the tensioner bands and the bracing bars after a few days it comes out perfectly square.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Looks great, please post up as many pics as you can. I am about to build a 30X100 foot greenhouse.

Wow, I am super impressed! Awesome thread, and great pictures!

A laugh a minute
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddychrist View Post
    Thanks man if you want me to take closer pictures of the framework I can and I can also find an eBay link to the bender that I replicated and built out of my shop.

When you put it up it looks terrible but once you put up the tensioner bands and the bracing bars after a few days it comes out perfectly square.

I think most of us on here are planning on having a greenhouse if they don't already, (I don't yet.) So yes we can all use any info from someone who already built one and how they did it. Don't forget to tell us the do's and don'ts on it to. I for one like to learn from other peoples mistakes as well as my own.
    I am me,
    I am free,
    You can not change me.

If you try, you will see,
    That I am unchangeable,
    Because I am me.

Premium Member

The Greenhouse

When I get outside I will take plenty of pictures for everyone of the framework and tensioner bands!

The one sure fire way to make sure you have perfect assembly is to bend one bar and from then on every bar you bend you make sure it matches the first bar exactly!

I haven't had much luck with ladybugs because of my vent and fan system but if you spray them down with a Pepsi and water mix they will stay down for a few weeks.

There can't be too many bracing bars and you really have to play with the timer on the misters to get the humidity just right but after a few weeks you will get it perfected. It should feel like a warm day at the beach.