Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 79 1 ton 78/79 Bronco project still in feasibility stages.

For the Love of Cats

Guys around here bring em up all the time. it's really no biggie. Idea is, to keep it simple...

go to a wrecker and buy a set of normal sized tires. toss them on, and 90% of your issues will disappear. get it in Canada, and then make the final couple mods to make it legal here (speedo needs to be in KM not miles prevalent), seatbelt, if applicable), etc. little things.

Once it is a legal truck here, you can mod it to your delight.
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

I'll most likely shit myself

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    why wouldn't you want a Toy? all boys need toys. Toy's last forever!
    Exactly T! Thats all I've drove since mid 80's (trucks I mean). Never have had one lay down on me yet. Current truck is only 2wd, but suits my needs.

Bacon saver

Quote Originally Posted by Metrocruiser View Post
    Hi guys
    Im in a bad situation. I sourced this truck which is in California. Checked my provincial regulations about importing modded trucks. There could be issues with headlights heights, tires extending out past the fenders, not oem seat belts omg.

Absolutely no rust. Detroit lockers front and rear both just rebuilt. Chromolly axles on all 4s, 9 inch lift (this is one of my flags. The back leaves have blocks instead of leaf to diff ) modded
    DUDE tHIS IS A NO BRAINER.......Throw the tires on a trailer, take Snipers "TOY" tires and put them on until you get back and have them check it out. The head lights will be lowered, the wheels will be tucked in and you're good to go! Then when they're done, you can give Sniper back his toy tires and you can put the real ones back on, see I knew you hired me as a consultant for a reason. Problem Solved.......carry on............seriously how hard can this be Metro? OK it's in California and they are "almost" all idiots there (except for Grumpy and I'm sure there might be a few others) but really man this is doable.
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

Dudes, its a no go.

Talked with RIV and they said no lifts or mods, it can only be a stock truck. they said this truck would be denied at the border unless it was made to be stock as the OEM had made it in 1978.

Damn

For the Love of Cats

One other option... buy it as a 'parts' truck.

- - - Updated - - -

Or you may have to shop a little North of the border...

http://manitoba.kijiji.ca/c-cars-veh...AdIdZ428353807

http://manitoba.kijiji.ca/c-cars-veh...AdIdZ424096028
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Bacon saver

Oh, so it's ok to do all that stuff to your truck in Canada. But you can't bring a truck from the US into to Canada that had all that stuff done to it. Let me guess.....because you are taking money and jobs away from Canadians. So anything you bring into Canada must be worked on and modified in Canada right? Maybe America should act this way.............eeeeewwww could I go on a rampage with this one or what?

This is the truck, hes ready to let it go for about 6500 i think. maybe less, i never got to the negotiagion stage with him. http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/vehic...rd-bronco.html

I was thinking it was turnkey and ready to go, id drive it as it was until or if i broke a diff, then replace with the D60

Now i will try to find a stock rust free one for 2k or less and then pay with my left nut to have it modded out lol. up here in Canada lol
    Last edited by Metrocruiser; 12-10-2012 at 08:15 PM.

Bacon saver

Well I guess you keep lookin I feel your pain. I was lookin long and hard for mine. They will turn up eventually.............uh, really, just pick a good one, don't get in a rush.

As usual the wife has changed her mind. BOV is on hold now, she says whats we gots is good enough for now. Only possible issue is that it is a newer suv and it is not emp resistant
    I hate walking and carrying my stuff and her stuff and the kids stuff...................

Secretly, I will keep looking for that pristine 79 Bronco

Bacon saver

sorry to hear that man........but thing do change, she'll be whining when the big one hits!