Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Alaska dream

Give him a home, where the buffalo roam, and they make "wood" for his cookin fires all day

The Alaska dream

Well god has really taken care of, as usual. Wife will get full retirement this year and we moving to Alaska this august. So we will rent the first year while we look for land.

CC Gray Panther
    Outstanding Dropy!!!!!
    May it all fall in line for you and the wife. I know you've been working on this for awhile from our talks and I'm really happy that it's falling into place for you.

I'll most likely shit myself

Excellent news Dropy! I am more than a little jealous of this move. I know you guys are going to enjoy yourselves. I am very excitied for you all.

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

WooHoo Dropy!! The Lord works in mysterious ways his wonders to perform. I'm happy for you my friend and wish you the best of luck on your move. ( Believe me I know how hard it is)
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

That's fantastic! When you eventually make it up there, I hope you post lots of pictures. I'm a sucker for Alaska.....*sigh*.....someday....
    "Treason to tyranny is fidelity to liberty."

For the Love of Cats

Congrats Dropy!

Any general area in mind?
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

RIP, brother. We are diminshed.
    man, good for you guys, i am jealous!!! living up there would be awesome, but not for me anymore. just a dream.
    "Ya need a hug, or a twinkee? Wait..forget the twinkie". - Dropy

"I'll be in my bunk" Jayne Cobb

'Catch, sauté, and release...' Sniper-T

'Always smile... it makes people wonder what the fuck you are thinking!' Sniper-T

Body Armor is not bullet proof, it is only bullet resistant.* Learn to become strictly a head hunter.*

'All I really needed was a hug'............ Domeguy

Give him a home, where the buffalo roam, and they make "wood" for his cookin fires all day
    We will probably begin in the anchorage/Wasilla/palmer area. We will use this area as a central locale from which we will branch out our exploiring until we finally find what we are looking for. HOPEFULLY I can turn it into a lodge type of business in the next couple of years. BIG DISCOUNTS FOR FELLOW ANTS!!! =))

Does NOT use a snake bit sucker kit on snake bits

Quote Originally Posted by Dropy View Post
    We will probably begin in the anchorage/Wasilla/palmer area. We will use this area as a central locale from which we will branch out our exploiring until we finally find what we are looking for. HOPEFULLY I can turn it into a lodge type of business in the next couple of years. BIG DISCOUNTS FOR FELLOW ANTS!!! =))
    Great News!!!! Justa and I would love to be one of your first costumers. Seeing, River fishing Alaska and filling a bear/caribou/moose tag is on my bucket list.
    You don't need to be the strongest
    or the most intelligent to survive
    but by having the right tools and
    the adaptability of change
    is where you will prevail.

Well it is very hard to get a hunting guides license, but I don't see no issue with 2 friends going on a hunting trip together =). Same goes for fishing, though fishing guide license IS easier to get.

You pay your plane ticket there, I will pick you up at the airport, you pay for your hunting/fishing tags. I will cover the rest. Bear hunts in Alaska START at 5,000$ PLUS your tag and transportation.