Thread: Exotac Nano Striker

Exotac Nano Striker

Anybody have or have any experience with the ExoTac NanoStriker?

https://www.exotac.com/nanoSTRIKER
    https://www.exotac.com/nanoSTRIKER-XL/

Video of it in use:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5SMmRDZbCg

What I'm looking for is any info regarding its efficiency over other similar sized devices for keychain carry.

I have a Strike Force, Blast Match and lighters as well as a flint and steel or two, but want something less obvious on my keys.

Administrator

Just got mine for a planned camping trip next month. I'll be testing this along with other fire making methods. I'll report back and let you know.

Edit--
    Hmm I shouldn't respond to threads when I've been in the Maker's Mark. Ill post a few pics with it on my keyring.
    Last edited by 2die4; 05-23-2013 at 06:19 PM.
    I don’t have “hobbies” I’m developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

My wife got me a similar one that looks just like a USB stick. It's a cheap one, but the first one I've had. It's a tool logic "signal fire" pretty cool. I like the one you linked to, might have to try it.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

I call big spoon.
    My first post here, I should've joined a while ago. I see this is an old thread but I figured I'd add my input with the exotac stuff. It's every bit worth the money. I've got their fire rod, nano striker and match case.

The fire rod has a cap for tinder. really doesn't hold much. The rod is replaceable and they include a spare O ring.
    I've got a stainless blade with a sharp spine I use on it to scrape and throw a large amount of spark into your pile. You can use your knife edge but it'll curl the edge or damage it.
    the nano striker comes with a built in striker. Small setup and may be tricky with cold hands.

The match case includes an o ring and spate sandpaper square for a striker. I just stuck some matches in there.

I try to buy once cry once when I buy gear, I've used the less expensive fire starters and they all work. I'm just satisfied with exotac.

Crotch Rocket

Let me just say welcome to the forum.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    Quote Originally Posted by oif0709 View Post
    My first post here, I should've joined a while ago. I see this is an old thread but I figured I'd add my input with the exotac stuff. It's every bit worth the money. I've got their fire rod, nano striker and match case.

The fire rod has a cap for tinder. really doesn't hold much. The rod is replaceable and they include a spare O ring.
    I've got a stainless blade with a sharp spine I use on it to scrape and throw a large amount of spark into your pile. You can use your knife edge but it'll curl the edge or damage it.
    the nano striker comes with a built in striker. Small setup and may be tricky with cold hands.

The match case includes an o ring and spate sandpaper square for a striker. I just stuck some matches in there.

I try to buy once cry once when I buy gear, I've used the less expensive fire starters and they all work. I'm just satisfied with exotac.
    Welcome to the forum, and thanks for posting.

For the Love of Cats

Welcome aboard! Great first post!
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Crotch Rocket

I hate my phone. I see the same little image box I do for most every picture here, so I think you're good. I just can't open it right now.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

I call big spoon.
    http://s642.photobucket.com/user/cat...tml?sort=3&o=1
    I deleted it when I didn't see it. So I'll put it back as a link too.