Being in the Army, I've always hated the big bulky multiple layer sleeping bags they give us. Even with the stuff sack, the darn bag takes up a lot of real estate. I've been in the market for a smaller and lighter bag for my field exercises and for bug out/camp bags. Snugpak made a sleeping bag called the jungle bag, that looked promising weighing in at only 2.2lbs but even with the generous measurements of Length: 7.2 feet Width 4.92 feet I felt like a sausage in a tight casing. I could barely roll on to my side without fear of busting through the sleeping bag.

I am a rather large guy. I stand at 6'3 and normally tipping the scales at 246lbs. With all the physical training I do, I also have rather broad shoulders. My voluptuous proportions makes buying clothes hard. (I had to get a civilian tailor to create my dress uniform because the tailor on post couldn't do anything with a off the rack uniform.) This also makes buying other equipment like chestrigs, vests, and sleeping bags hard to shop for. Anybody know of a XL sleep system that could accommodate someone my size and not take over my pack? I fear for a light weight option to stay warm, I am stuck with my trusty woobies.