Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Medical items.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

I keep all sorts of needles around. I have eveything from diabetic needles to chest decompression.I have an absolute TON of injection needles.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

Izzy, after our dealings, I expected nothing less from you....lol. I have something for you, I'll be in touch.
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

roger that. If you need some needles, let me know
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    I kind of lucked out that a friend who is in our MAG is a medic who I deployed with. She managed to locate pretty much everything I would want in a medic kit. RIght now our medic bags are in full sized BOB's and we have 5 bags set up identically. Adding those to the IFAK's we have on our gear, I think we are set up pretty good!
    On a side note, those CLS bags that the miltary currently uses, the 3 fold OD type, if anyone wants a empty one to fill, pm me and if you pay for postage, I will send one your way as I have a bunch of them that we ransacked for supplies! Right now they are gathering dust, so no reason I cant send them to folks that will use them!

I'll most likely shit myself

Stormy Let me know how you want to handle sellin me one of the bags. I am interested. I have an old Vietnam era OD bag I've had for years set up for the vehicle. I'd love to do a second one.

Quote Originally Posted by LUNCHBOX View Post
    to much first aid gear...
    I guess that depends on what you consider to be first aid gear. But I wager the answer is: not likely.
    If you have so many bandaids and bottles of hydrogen peroxide that you cant/dont store/carry enough food, water, fuel, or other necessity, then yes.
    But ideally a serious preper would love to have both medical knowledge AND supplies of antibiotics, heavy duty pain killers, anesthetic, heck an x-ray machine and defibrillator would be nice things to have stashed away, but how many people have access to such items?

for those trying to build up a home pharmacy:

http://whqlibdoc.who.int/hq/2011/a95053_eng.pdf
    http://whqlibdoc.who.int/hq/2011/a95054_eng.pdf

Good stuff there, bobthe. Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    Stormy Let me know how you want to handle sellin me one of the bags. I am interested. I have an old Vietnam era OD bag I've had for years set up for the vehicle. I'd love to do a second one.
    Just paypal gift enough to flat rate box it out to you I guess would be fine. you can send it to strmfeathr@yahoo and make sure to pm me an address to send it to!

Also wanted to post this up there, this is a great site to get all of your "animal anti-biotics" without prescription.

Cal Vet Supply - your source for Antibiotics, Frontline, Syringes and Veterinary Supplies

And if anyone wants one of those empty medic bags to fill with supplies of their own, let me know, will flatrate box as many as you want if you pay for the postage!

Ladies I have three words: yeast infection creme

I don't mean to be crass fellas ... ladies can you imagine an infection in that area ... and not being able to go get that 10 dollar tube of medical cream? Me I have a 10 year supply just in case!