So I bought that camper last year, and plopped it down in the back 160 of my buddy's land. I go out for hunting season, and the damn furnace wont do shit!

Luckily, it only went down to -18C for a few days, the rest were around -5C so it was comfortable enough for sleeping, but it caused the windows to fog/ice up in a nasty fashion.

does anyone have experience with these things. I spent days making sure that the camper was level, the stove worked fine, but the furnace... not so much. Following instructions on the door, I turned it onto 'PILOT" lit it, held the button in for a couple minutes, and released, it 'seemed' like the burner lit, but no heat.

Thoughts?

Oh as an aside, when I closed it up, it had two 20# propane bottles in it, both half full in the beginning, but emptied via the stove. I added one new one for the last couple days, but no change on the furnace.

When I left, I pulled the new bottle, and took the second original bottle out, to find it was only finger tight on the hose. without the second bottle hooked up, a single bottle just vents through the open line....

Now, the camper is old, hadn't been touched in years when I bought it, and had a nice pile of dead moths/dust (no mice)

The grate to light the thing flips open, and like I said, everything works fine, except the heat. To take the rest of the grate off, will take some doing, (bending fins, etc)

does anyone know anything aout these things. cleaning, adjusting. ???
I'm thinking maybe the contacts, or an issue with the chimney. When I go back out on the weekend, I'll take what I need to pull the front off, but then what?

thoughts?