Thread: Hear that? The gear train rolls again!

Crotch Rocket

Hear that? The gear train rolls again!

I know, I know. It never stops. I do once in a while though.

I started back at it again last night because I got an unexpected Christmas gift: A DaJo Trailmaster Lumbar Pack. Its the shiny, silver thing in the pic below. One of the first things I did is grab a water bottle out of a little hip pouch I have for running. The next was to see if it would fit under a standard backpack. It did, and I can see some potential in the setup.

Then I had an "aha!" moment. My backpack has a little waist strap connected to it, but the damn thing is actually kind of uncomfortable because the straps are so narrow. Enter that little running pouch again... Its strap is a touch wider - and a lot more comfortable.

The lumbar pack fits well under the Camelbak, and the running pouch sits just forward of the lumbar pack, and a touch higher, in a great spot for quick access to the water bottle and a few other small odds and ends. I'm a huge proponent of modularity and tiered systems, so I like the possibilities this could open up for me. Details will follow after I load and test it, but I figured I'd share, and will also say now that my tree straps work great with the MOLLE webbing to secure bulky gear to the outside. I may use them for my tent until I can get my hammock setup completed.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    gear queer is more like it!

But seriously, I like it! Let us know your results when you have run it thru its paces!
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

Crotch Rocket

Lol. This makes me happy I don't buy things I dont intend to test and use...
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Crotch Rocket

I ended up scrapping this combo. I think the hip pouch still has some merit as a waist belt, but once I started loading the lumbar pack I found I didn't like how it rode under the camelbak. It needs to sit higher than the combination allows.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Trial and error, best to learn it now before you need to use it for real!
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

Crotch Rocket

There is absolutely no doubt about that.

I think what I'll do for now is use the lumbar pack when Im out fishing. Its got more than enough room for some bait, beer, and bobbers.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!