Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Enemies

Quote Originally Posted by mitunnelrat View Post
    I had added more in an edit, but timed out and ran out of time to post again altogether until now. I had expanded to say that I only know of one person that might want to come at me in a shtf event. Until recently I was watching over my shoulder even on a daily basis, but resolved things well enough I can even make small talk with him again. In an emergency where he feels desperate though, all bets are off. Its a one-time, long time friend who knows my mindset and enough of my assets that he used to joke he'd get them from me one way or another. The flip side to that is I know enough about him I was able to adjust as needed, and he'll play hell even finding me, let alone any physical asset he'll find of value.

He did teach me a bit of a lesson in observation though. How many of us actively watch for anybody tailing us in traffic? I can't say he hasn't found my current home since I don't take great pains to hide that, but once upon a time he was stalking someone else and showed me a rattle can paintjob he did on his car (spur of the moment) to throw off his target's recognition. It obviously wan't perfect, but from 20 feet at 20 mph it was more than passable. I've seen worse paint jobs where people took their time in a garage than what he did quickly in a parking lot. It sounds like the stuff of spy novels, but I'll be damned if he didn't show me how sneaky even average people can get under the right circumstances. I'm much more watchful while driving around than I used to be.
    I grew up in Detroit , so looking over my shoulder and defensive driving are ingrained permanently
    Last edited by AquaHull; 09-24-2011 at 01:17 PM. Reason: spellchek

Dont worry about shitting yourself
    I'm sure there are a few people who don't really like me, but none I can really think of who would actually come after me.
    There are a couple whom certainly can if they feel froggy. The molester of my son, one of my wifes' exes who may think I took her away from him. I didn't, he abused her and she left him.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

I've got a few, believe it or not. Just try to watch my family's back more, beef up the home security, and my improve family's situational awareness.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.