Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Organizing into groups

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    They very well may become your executioner.

finally pooped
    That's my point, where does mercy and human compassion end, and self preservation begin?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfixr View Post
    Welcome to the internet.
    One of us types in our heart and soul, and then puts it up for the world.
    Then, the rest get to interpret it.
    It is literal, or figurative?
    Sad, or happy?
    Angry, or calm?
    Just black and white words on a screen.
    Not like a conversation in person, with facial expressions, body language, tone of voice.

Still, we here pretty much slide along without issues.
    Imagine how well we could get along in person.

Or, we would just think each other is a bunch of assholes

For the Love of Cats

That's a line that each and every one of us has to determine based on our individual needs and beliefs; based on our specific situations. Someone with a MAG group of 50 from all walks of life could be more discriminatory in selection than a single family group or individual... or not!

Only you know the full extent of your preps (people, stuff, training); and know what you need/want to subsidize it with.
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

may be in trouble

All very valid, and been nicely sleepless over formulating the appropriate responses, tyvfm.

For myself, in general, I will not take by force, nor will I allow myself to be forced to give. Anyone wanting to test my resolve had best get it right the first time.

If my lack of specifics regarding responses is disappointing, then so be it.

finally pooped
    I didn't expect concrete answers because unless I was in the moment I don't know how I would react to each situation. I can tell you what my likely response would be though.

I'm extremely logic based in everything I do even in normal society. I can't help it. When weighing my options about how to handle people it will be completely logic based every time in those situations.

I was reading somewhere about how a sociopath would be the ideal leader in teotwawki. They said that their choices would always be for their survival, without any compassion or hesitation. It was a really good article, I wish I could find it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfixr View Post
    Welcome to the internet.
    One of us types in our heart and soul, and then puts it up for the world.
    Then, the rest get to interpret it.
    It is literal, or figurative?
    Sad, or happy?
    Angry, or calm?
    Just black and white words on a screen.
    Not like a conversation in person, with facial expressions, body language, tone of voice.

Still, we here pretty much slide along without issues.
    Imagine how well we could get along in person.

Or, we would just think each other is a bunch of assholes

may be in trouble

Reckon I'll find out all too soon as to who executes who. Solo's, of need, have to be very proficient; no backup.

For the Love of Cats

Quote Originally Posted by Domeguy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kesephist View Post
    Reckon I'll find out all too soon.
    Or I/we may become theirs!!
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

I have still yet to grow a brain
    Kind of a skewed answer but here it is.

I/Wife will need to be able to see who they are. And the definition of the word "see" is rather complex and yet simple. She better than I are able to gauge people rather well. Should we get a good 'feeling' that may change the result. We own a business (17 years) and I interact with people all day. When I receive phone calls inquiring of our rates and services 80% call back after they call other locations or they settle with our company on the spot. We are not the cheapest service either.

I enter a situation where the client is in a frustrated state. I remove that before I start to work.

We have learned to rely on our people skills to build a business and have it continue even in a bad market. I am the front man in face to face dealings and my wife can assess people just by watching them.

I suggest you review your situations with more of your goals in mind rather than what you need to do for them. If you help will they? be good to team up with, supply good information, can they fulfill and needs you might have etc.

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodin View Post
    Kind of a skewed answer but here it is.
    I suggest you review your situations with more of your goals in mind rather than what you need to do for them. If you help will they? be good to team up with, supply good information, can they fulfill and needs you might have etc.
    Thats exactly what I was doing I think that started this particular tangent in the thread. Kesephist doesnt agree to my point where I said I would use less experienced as cannon fodder if it means saving my children or fellow experienced preppers. I mean it, and I stand by it.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesneuen View Post
    I was reading somewhere about how a sociopath would be the ideal leader in teotwawki. They said that their choices would always be for their survival, without any compassion or hesitation. It was a really good article, I wish I could find it.
    Been called a "Functioning Sociopath" by the last VA Psych Eval, does that count?
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Quote Originally Posted by Kesephist View Post
    In case anyone didn't know... EE&BE = "escape, evade and be elsewhere"

And no, I am not a feliphage. I had Kae Go Gi ONCE when in Korea and got laughed at for three solid days.

The Kingdom of Nye has advantages in that only the most despairing and desperate would venture much off the roads..... or ON the roads, come to that.

As to that family of four?

This is the best I got.

"Freeze. Hands high. I'm out here with myself and supplies for one. Turn around and head back the way you came. This is your only warning."

It beats dispatching them out of hand.

No, it's not perfect. I leave perfection in the hands of Deity... (looks around at the assembled, seeing a conspicuous lack of deities here.)
    You think cat is bad.. try living off of those damn jackrabbits for a month out there in your AO, My California MAG-mates and I did that, was about as harsh as can be. You would be surprised how many people will venture out there, I thought my BOL was pretty off-grid til I saw a 4-wheel club drive right thru my "marked" no trespassing property. They were in for a bit of a surprise.

As for the deity thing... not everyone here is religious, so no, not everyone here believes in organized religion. But for those here who do, they are true and faithful to their religions, Please withhold judgement of who they are religion-wise, until you have gotten to know them better. Making that type of assumption is borderline insulting. And for the record, I am not a religious person, I am a very spiritual person, harkening back to my Native roots and heritage. I respect others faiths, out of respect for my own.
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.