Quote Originally Posted by Domeguy View Post
3 1/2 yrs ago, while studying to get my electrician liscence, I had had enough of the pain I had been suffering in my neck and back. I had just been taking pain pills and muscle relaxers like candy just to make it through the day for 25 yrs. It got so bad I finally went to see a neurosurgeon, and to make a short story long, I was on the OR table the next day. They took out 3 discs and routed around with the bone drill and files, and fused my neck, and told me to come back when I couldn't stand the pain in my lower back and they would do the same for it. I went back to work after 4 months off and was only able to make it five weeks before I decided I had to retire of quit. I had 20 yrs with the company, so they declared me a fall risk and sent me home. So now I am medically retired also with nothing to do but putter around the house. For the first yr, I didn't do much but get pissed at the world, which didn't get me to far. The second yr I got into astronomy. I kind of over did it on Ebay....see picture[IMG][/IMG]

Some I bought just to get a better scope, some I bought just to get a lens, tripod, or some goodie on it, then resell it. But after almost a yr, my neck just wouldn't let me get into the positions needed, so I started selling them off and kept one. That's when I decided to get back into woodworking again. I loved it in shop class in the 8th & 9th grade. So I bought a used Shopsmith on Ebay, then more parts to go with it, got a second mini Shopsmith, found many things were just too low, (I'm 6'3") which was hurting my neck and back. So again to make a short story longer, I have made many modifications to my shop/dome garage to fit my needs. You otta see it. Most everyone would not be able to reach my tools, such as my bandsaw, the work plate is over 5 ft off of the ground, but I don't have to bend my neck. I started making toys for my grandson, then started selling some on Etsy and Ebay, and now it seems I have a small business pulling in over a million penny's a decade. So that's my story, so stop impersonating me.
I like high work benches. It's nice to have your work up high. Sounds like your business has you well on your way to being Americas newest thousandaire.