This is perfect thanks for the post guys. Yesterday I was at the farm supply looking at pipe. Just a simple end cap for six inch pipe was $32. I am trying to look at the various options which you have given me some. I too was looking at vacuum sealing each bag put in. However my old seal a meal doesn't do the best job. I have a friend who has one from Cabela's which double seals each bag, that is what I am getting. It is too bad there is not some way to over-pressure the pipe then this would help keep it dry.

I do like the idea of covering the top of the pipe with a second plastic or rubber seal. I would think something like an tire inner tube cut and sealed with rubber glue to make a sleeve over the top would work. If you wanted to make sure the ends were truly sealed then you could seal both ends and put it under pressure. Then just cut it in half and you have two sleeves.

So what do you find to be the ideal size. I know it depends upon what you want to put inside. However for general use I am looking at four inches or bigger. Which is better PVC or ABS?? Thanks