We had a good thread for Garden 2016 so I thought perhaps I would start a new for the year.

Due to being pretty busy with so many little things, the garden has seen some neglect this year. On top of time, the few days when I had time we had an unusual weather situation here in So. Cal...something called rain.

At the present time, I have the berries pruned and ready to go. Several seedlings going on the tomato and pepper front. Fruit trees are doing well, we have a huge crop of valencia oranges that are now ready. My peach tree that a bear attempted to nest in last year was pruned and has set several blooms. I will not allow it to set too much fruit this year as we need to allow it to rebuild the strong framework. The apricot tree has been covered in blooms. Avocado trees are loaded though the fruit is a bit smaller than we normally see, however it is tasty. Strawberries are setting but still green.

Kale plants still doing well from last year but I am fighting aphids for posession! Lettuce doing quite well.

I need to get my first planting of beans in SOON. Still to come are squash, cucumber and eggplant.

Tell us about your home grown foods!