I'm so ticked off. This is not be prep related. My car (12 years old)went kablooie Friday on the way to the store for more supplies,winter storm was coming and I wanted to pick up a few extra things (for the grands ) in case son 2 and family had to bunk in with us for awhile. They have power outages when it gets really bad, so they would come here. They had a portable genny but some idiot broke it trying to steal it and son 2 hasn't replaced it yet. Sunday, DH was on his way to his cousins funeral and HIS car went down about 60 miles away. With my car out of commission , Son 2 had to go collect his dad after he got off work(worked the EARLY AM shift) It's now sitting at the dealership waiting it's turn to be fixed. We had to rent a car for the week so we can get to Dr's appts , etc. Looks like my cars' VSA unit may need to be replaced. Mechanic replaced the starter /solenoid and will do oil change Tuesday, reset the VSA and see if that fixes it. If not then the unit will need to be replaced. DH's car is at the only and supposedly biggest dealership and they are stacked up, so we won't know what actually is wrong with it until Friday, Thursday at the earliest.
I hope you are all safe and nothing goes wrong. Stay safe and warm. Thanks for letting me vent