Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: New homestead

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Beautiful place.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

Bacon saver

Ok, made it back, rainin like hell since your post. Been channeling water. The pipes I buried are working good, so far just a littlev tweekin. Built a nice little stone culvert with all the rocks I've been growing this year to channel the water next to the drive and go into the pipe. Turned out purdy good for a squid. Pics will follow when I get my data back, long story. Back to work folks!
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

Bacon saver

OK, so the front did well, to the right I flooded the pasture and made a nice stream. to the left of the incoming driveway the 12" can keep up with the over flow....barely. It crested the road, and the rain stopped and it it went right back down so I think I'll be good there. In front there you can see some of the stone work I did. That worked out great. Guess I'll end up doing a bit more later. Now as for the back coming out of the holler behind the barn. I think I have a bit of work to do but has shown me the path to follow. Pay no attention to the date stamps. I didn't change it when I changed batteries that day.

I'll most likely shit myself

Good to hear the water is going where you want it to for the most part. Plus it looks damn nice.

Bacon saver

Here's what's been keeping my attention. Started additions, breaking ground, when we got to the bottom we hit rock. a solid slab of rock that covered the whole thing. He went through three jack hammers, killed two till he finally got through the last corner. We'll be pouring the cells today. Been fighting the rain as well. Everything he pulled out of the hole I pushed out with the dozer, there's more to spread out but won't be done till he's done with the concrete work. So this is the "brief" summary for these pics, enjoy.

gasoline station near my location

Bacon saver

I'll load some more later today. Have to get ready for mud. There's also the new GM crate motor I had to swap/replace in the UAV (Urban Assault Vehicle) Suburban......then I had to replace the transmission, did that last Friday. Took 6hrs, got a Jasper, in and out on the lift with the help of my Marine buddy, we worked well together, it was a cussing symphony. Fuckin Murphy just won't leave me alone, lest we forget the torn maniscus, but I'll save that for another time, I'm still workin, got it drained and a shot an send me on my way till I'm ready to get it fixed, Hoo-Yah.

Bacon saver

And here's some more, got rained out yesterday. Panzer wants to know "ARE WE DONE YET!"

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, this here space is going to be LadyHK's "craft room/stained glass studio"

Bacon saver

OK, and here we are as of today, this is a real mud room and here's what we are doing "ruff sketch" mud room on the front and 20feet out the back and tie into the existing roof.

distance to nearest gas station

I'll most likely shit myself

Looking good

For the Love of Cats

Doing a great job. Nice and tight lines.
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.