Ok, what’s a medium SHTF event... well, a light event would be power out in your McMansion and surrounding community for a couple of days. Maybe a storm, maybe a transformer blew at the substation. So, no latte in the morning, maybe have to grill out to save some food in the freezer...no big deal.

Now, what’s a big SHTF, well, complete government shutdown, roving hordes of thugs, military showing up at your door to take all your guns and stored food, a super volcano, EMP, Hillary being elected President, Nuclear War, you get the picture.

But for a medium SHTF, what would that be? Maybe something where martial law is being inforced. A dawn to dusk curfew, with orders to shoot. No trucks delivering to Walmart. No retirement, SSI, Welfare, checks, bankers closed. Not any government assistance of any kind...local, state, or federal. No municipal water supply or electricity. It’s just you, maybe you have a family, a community, a larger system already in place.........and this goes on at least 6 months to no longer than 1 year.

Now here is my question...answer honestly, on a scale of 1-10, 1 being you die within 3 days, 10 being you will still be sipping your two olive martini by the pool after 1 year, where do you think you will fit. You can give your number only if you want if you don’t want to give away any secrets, or you can show us on mapquest where your bunker is. It’s up to you. I’ll go first.

I give myself along with my wife an 8.

My strength is we have a yrs supply of food, an plenty of water with several artisan springs within 1/4 mile of the house. Plenty of weapons and ammo, first aide supplies, lots of wild game in area, wood stove to cook and heat, natural cooling from thermal chimney, bicycles with trailers for transportation, HAM radio, surrounded in the woods, very few know I’m up here, plenty of solar toys, not a full system, but enough to run my refrigerator/freezer and some indoor lights, Friends nearby. Others I may have forgotten.

Weakness...well, Ive never actually killed an animal for food. I know in theory how to gut and process a deer, but I’ve never done it. I don’t have a garden, but I could start one, plus I’ve got a lot of freeze dried food, MREs,#10 cans of food, that is if no one takes them...which leads me to the point, I can’t defend my castle by myself. I can put out boobie traps, make kill zones, but I would still probably lose in the end. I can’t fix a serious wound or infection, med skills are limited. Maybe more things I’m forgetting.

So, I’m basically planning on being the grey man, hunkering down and waiting for the all clear and hope for the best!

HOW ABOUT YOU?