Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'MBACK! By absolutly no demand whatsoever. Time to update..

Bacon saver

I'MBACK! By absolutly no demand whatsoever. Time to update..

First of all I'd like to say, "Miss ya!" Been long time no shit. In short, Hiring someone to do the job requires me to be there to teach people how to be a fricken carpenter. Very, VERY, long story however it is now done and they are no longer required on my property. When I say done I mean we are a complete shell, roof, walls, siding, trim, windows, doors. Sealing it up has been part of what I've been doing, nothing gets in or out. I have torn out the entire hot waterline, replaced with 3/4" CPVC vice 1/2". Tore out drain line which did not drain, a bit ripe I might add, ran a whole new graywater line for house......it drains. The electrical will be done by me, currently in the process of ruffin in. All new plumbing is ready to be tapped, with cut out valves, for the new laundry room and "doggy shower". Need to buy about a billion bucks worth of insulation.

NOW We had grandbaby on the 24th! First one! I can't say enough about that feeling. They call me "Bogart" nuff said. Ah, and then there's the family drama. Let's just say, some people will never change. I should know, I was married to the person for 19 1/2 years. But hey, nobody's got a bone to pick with us. Opa an Oma are GTG!

Now here are some pics:
    1. Floor up, walls up.
    2. Front yard
    3. Framed up dried in
    4. New roof
    5. Found Pond!As seen from the front porch. Needed to clear out my head, people piss me off so much I needed to destroy something. So I broke out the dozer and spent 2hrs cleaning it out..........that's when I found the leak. 1 gallon hydraulic every two hours. Transmission cooler line got rubbed raw. Yeah, I got two more hours on it before I called it quits. This is another story for later, still on going.

OK, got two more to post.

upload image site

Be safe.............the night is your friend.

Bacon saver

OK and this is what I considered done from them. I need paint, gutters, and finish the french drain and land scapin a bit.

I'm actually sittin down and doing this today. Hope all is well with everyone! Be safe!

CC Gray Panther
    Damn sad state of affairs when you hire contractors and they're contractors in name only . Then have to babysit their asses to make sure job is done right. Missed your updates but figured you was one busy rat.

Glad she's all closed in before bad weather hits ya. At least you can work in a heated space. The homestead is looking right fine considering what you started with . Boss lady will happy with her new compound I'm sure . Damn fine job Rat !

Run Low Drive On

I'll most likely shit myself

Nice work. Everything looks good

For the Love of Cats

holy crap! That's quite the servants shack... I can't wait to see what the master house will look like!...

lol

nice job bwrr, I'm sure y'all be happy there
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Bacon saver

Isa tryin Boss. Diggin a ditch today, gotta finish french drain, rain comin tomorrow. Just three pipes and about 30' each, stuff with 3"PVC to keep from collapsing, cover with rock, let settle. Cover again with topsoil let simmer. Follow through with a sowing come spring. Fuckin cookin channel nightmares! Aaaahhhh! I'm good........just keep swimmin.

Bacon saver

FYI, Talked with Izzy an Stormy here over the last couple of days. Em boys are doin well. Took the day off and spent time with Domeguy yesterday. Yup, there is a world out there..........thank you brothers. All of ya!

Bacon saver

Oh, and I'm still waitin on my dozer to come back for the second time for the same problem. But that's another story, I got shit to destroy around here and this is just screwin with my damn schedule as usual. But that's OK, LadyHK has the gaps filled. Tiling the shower tomorrow! I wanna build my new gun range It's snowin now........

Walking on Sunshine

It's GORGEOUS!! Hope to see pix of the shower. We're doing good, having drama (AGAIN) with the psycho ex but Son1 has a great lawyer now so we'll see what will happen after the first of the year. Decorations are up, DH has once again set the bar for the neighborhood for outdoor decorations, LOL. DH and I are having the family, including Son1, DIL and the baby, (oops she's a toddler now) here for Christmas so much confusion will be afoot, especially if SIL and Son 2 bring their four footed kids. They have respectively a Golden Retriever and a Shepherd/Malamute mix. So glad to hear about the grand child. I know you both are going to have a blast.Especially when the little one starts following Opa around "helping".

Bacon saver

OK, shortly after this post my mother had a heart attack. I was on the plane 0530 the next morning and in Reno by 1030 local. She was in ruff shape, two stints. By the time I left she was on her way home. She's 81 runs her own company and works everyday. Can't slow her down, however I think she had her wake up call. The great thing is that her pipes are clean. She had and has no plaque build up in her plumbing. Now we are just trying to get her on trac with the meds. She still hasn't seen her new Great grand daughter yet! That will be happening shortly. So again, detained elsewhere as usual. Duty calls.