I set up our soaker hose irrigation system for Justa's Patch so it can be ran on different water sources. Our low pressure artesian well that puts out 5-7 psi without the pump running, Well with timed pump running, City water or Rain Barrels 3-5 psi.

I've have been using the free flowing artesian well from the start (1 1/2 years) and it has work well. The watering time needed as is is four hrs. To make things easier on the both of us of remembering to turn the water off or when we are away I bought a simple battery operated Orbit garden hose timer that had a time duration of 1 min to 240 min. Well... It didn't work out! When it opened it just let out a trickle of water so there for I needed to increase the watering duration and 240 min was the max. Come to find out... mostly all of the battery hose timers need at least 10 psi to assist the valve to open fully.
I stumbled upon and ordered a New 0-60 psi operating hose timer that is gear driven that was built in the late 70's and is no longer made but they are still found new online.

It's the Rain Matic 3000 and I love the old gear driven technology. ;D

So if any of you would like to water with timed water at low psi (artesian well, rain barrel or water cistern) This will save you some headache and time. You need a valve that is zero to whatever psi rated.

Shorty after I hooked it up Justa and I went to Utah for ten days and the whole time there I was worried about the garden and the timer not doing it's job but it worked and worked well. The garden didn't even miss us.