Page 14 of 94 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome new members! Introduce yourselves here

Hi All,

My name is Rock. I am a married former soldier, sailor, and police officer living in upstate South Carolina. I joined SHTF Ready & SHTF Now today by invitation.

I am the founder and admin for Preparation M: The Preparedness SIG (A Mensa Special Interest Group). Our forum is open to anyone who can contribute or participate intelligently. Its only been around for a few months, but we have some excellent folks who publish regularly. There are a TON of great links on our web site.

I am also fairly active on the forums at SurvivalCache.com and SHTFM.com. I think Survival Cache has some of the best articles on prepping out there.

I think America, if not the world, is in deep doo doo and those who are not self reliant will not last.

I hope to be able to learn, contribute, and make some friends while I am here.

Thanks,

Rock

A sticky might make it easier for us new guys to find the Intros thread.

I'll most likely shit myself

Welcome to the new folks. Glad your here and can't wait to see what you have to share.

Do you have change for a canned bacon?

Welcome to all.
    I hope you like it here as much as I do
    They say that the cockroaches will be the last creature alive on this earth.
    I intend on being the last person alive still stomping cockroaches.

Do you have a robot?
    Greetings from the Left Coast. I come by invitation from RedJohn who I do not know. I assume that it is from one of a couple of forums that I have been active in. I've been interested in prepping ever since, like Jerry D Young, when I was exposed to the Cuban Missile Crisis. I am one of those TOGs (the old guys) that have been doing this a while however I have only be on the forums for about a year or two.

Where's the epi?

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry D Young View Post
    I'm Jerry D Young. Been prepping for a long time, influenced by the Cuban Missile Crisis as a child, the Cold War, and then the New Madrid Seismic Zone when we moved to southeast Missouri. I've been disabled for some time, live in Reno, NV, and spend my time in forums like this one and writing the occasional story related to Preps and the PAW, as well as a few things in other genres. Hope to learn a lot, and pass along a little useful information I've picked up over the years. If it is all right with the site owners and administrators, I'd like to post some of my fiction here. But only if it is okay. Much of it does involve a Post Apocalyptic World scenario.

Jerry D Young
    Hi Jerry! All of my DH's family lives out there and we usually make a trip out every August. Maybe we could meet next time out!

Where's the epi?

Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    Welcome to the new folks. Glad your here and can't wait to see what you have to share.
    Hey buddy! Glad to see a familiar "face" here. Heading up north of us this week to check out 150 acres, wish us luck!

I'll most likely shit myself

Quote Originally Posted by ladyhk13 View Post
    Hey buddy! Glad to see a familiar "face" here. Heading up north of us this week to check out 150 acres, wish us luck!
    Hey sister! Glad to see you over here. Some good stuff and good folks here. Good luck with the property search. Keep us posted. I'll pm later.

Claptrap's Problem Solver

Just wanted to thank everybody who's checked us out in the last 24 hours for doing so.

If you decided to join up after that....then we're really appreciative!

We've been trying to build a very specific community and I think our new members will see that reflected in the core group that's already developed. We look forward to seeing ya'll jump into the conversations and contribute. shtfready.com lives and dies on content, most of which comes from the members.

I hope we can make you feel at home. While we understand this won't be everybody's cup of tea we're working to make it a place that you'll want to check beck into regularly. Please let the staff know if we can do anything for you.

Again, thanks for taking the time to check us out.
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Welcome to all the new folks!
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Hello Folks, come here thru an email . Lots of information around and just absorbing as much of it as I can!
    A little bit about myself. .

Former Marine 86-96
    Former LEO
    Current Army (9/12'er)
    Gun Nut
    Firearms Instructor
    Part time 07 FFL monkey wrench
    Married w/kids
    Somewhat new to Prepping (3 years in the process now)
    Came from California (dont hate me, I hated the state too!)
    Always willing to learn, always willing to share.
    Could use advice/experiences in small farm gardening.
    Last edited by Stormfeather; 09-21-2011 at 08:43 PM.