Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tips on controlling Japanese beetles, please.

Claims to have NEVER worn pink. Likely story.

Quote Originally Posted by piranha2 View Post
    Call in the Enola Gay.
    If it can be moved out of the hangar its in with Columbia and an sr-71 :P
    It is, of course, obvious that speed, or height of fall, is not in itself injurious ... but a high rate of change of velocity, such as occurs after a 10 story fall onto concrete, is another matter.

Does NOT use a snake bit sucker kit on snake bits

Pyrethrin, It's organic neurotoxin that attack the nervous systems of all leaf eating insects and is my main go to for leaf eaters. Pyrethrin is the main ingredient in many different organic insecticide and I use Monetary Take Down Garden Spray and it works very well. I spray just before dark so I don't harm the beneficial insects.

I'll most likely shit myself

How long lived is Pyrethrin? I use BT for cabbage worms, but I know it is broken down within 7 days.

Resident Seafood Procurement Officer

My understanding, from a buddy with a license for chemicals, it lasts for about 6 months. It also can eventually wind up where you don't want it. But, it does the trick. Evolvers theory is that it lasts overnight. YMMV

Resident Seafood Procurement Officer

Quote Originally Posted by vertstang86 View Post
    If it can be moved out of the hangar its in with Columbia and an sr-71 :P
    bet she would still fly.

Same as Bt. It's the UV rays that breaks it down. But Pyrethrin also controls aphids and stink bugs. I should have mentioned it kills certain dirty rotten sap suckers too.

Pyrethrin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

History and biosynthesis

The pyrethrins occur in the seed cases of the perennial plant pyrethrum (Chrysanthemum cinerariaefolium), which has long been grown commercially to supply the insecticide.

Well after their use as insecticides, their chemical structure were determined by Hermann Staudinger and Lavoslav Ružička in 1924.[1]Pyrethrin I and pyrethrin II are structurally related esters with a cyclopropane core. Pyrethrin I is a derivative of (+)-trans-chrysanthemic acid.[2][3] Pyrethrin II is closely related but one methyl group is oxidized to a carboxymethyl group, the resulting core being called pyrethric acid. Knowledge of their structures opened the way for the production of synthetic analogues, which are called pyrethroids. In terms of their biosynthesis, pyrethrins are classified as terpenoids, being derived from dimethylallyl pyrophosphate, which combine by the action of the enzyme chrysanthemyl diphosphate synthase.[4]

CC Gray Panther
    Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    Stig, Eagle, I hope you guys are accurate with the CWIS and Napalm. My house is toast if not!

Backpacker brother where's you're sense of adventure? Stig and old Eagle will take care of you. We're gonna kill em' all and let God sort them out. We want to do it right the 1st. time so we don't waste gas coming back to mop up.

Trust Us.

P.S.
    roast duck for everyone
    Last edited by eagle326; 01-17-2012 at 12:48 AM.

CC Gray Panther
    Quote Originally Posted by vertstang86 View Post
    right now is about the time that i wish i had a big underground bunker with The Stig and eagle getting ahold of said weapons :/
    No problem Verstang86. Stig and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express.

Will you be there for the roast duck?
    Last edited by eagle326; 01-17-2012 at 12:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by eagle326 View Post
    Backpacker brother where's you're sense of adventure? Stig and old Eagle will take care of you. We're gonna kill em' all and let God sort them out. We want to do it right the 1st. time so we don't waste gas coming back to mop up.

Trust Us.
    LOL I'm telling you there has been many of times that I would have welcomed the NAPALM blast in our garden... I can't even tell you how bad I just wanted to blow all these fucken bugs to hell... Just as I found a good control for the bugs I had I get the MOTHER OF ALL BUGS... NEMATODES!!!!! GRRRRRRRRR!!!!! )*%^%#$ On second thought... Bring on the Napalm.