Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Cashless Society

This guy has "some" flashlights. Just a couple. As in, a metric-butt ton of em.

Anyone who thinks that it isn't here....should take a good look around.

This country is in a slow motion train wreck right now.

A lot of the "legislation" coming through the pipeline now is to keep folks from spending cash for sales....holding physical gold.....and speaking their mind.

Will the fun never end?

Wants to know if that is a nut tool for a fire hydrant nozzle

Amazon.com: The Modern Survival Manual: Surviving the Economic Collapse (9789870563457): Fernando Ferfal Aguirre: Books

this is Ferfal's book. I bought it last year. Very good read. The best part is it all actually happened and he tells it like it was and in some cases, still is.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

How many times have we discussed the whole "gold will be illegal to own" thing? All I see is a re-hashing of the same arguments from other threads.

Here's a perfect example of where we have discussed this already:

http://www.shtfready.com/f19/cashles...html#post31321
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by izzyscout21 View Post
    How many times have we discussed the whole "gold will be illegal to own" thing? All I see is a re-hashing of the same arguments from other threads.

Here's a perfect example of where we have discussed this already:

http://www.shtfready.com/f19/cashles...html#post31321
    How many will it take?

I'm psycho...er aaaa... I mean..psychic...

I would say we are not all that far away from being like Argentina..how many more european countries failing will it take to collapse the world..??

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Quote Originally Posted by sidewinder View Post
    How many will it take?

I'm psycho...er aaaa... I mean..psychic...

I would say we are not all that far away from being like Argentina..how many more european countries failing will it take to collapse the world..??
    The definition of insanity is "doing something over and over again while expecting different results".

While I appreciate you taking the time to sit down and pop out a post, please use a little common sense.

#1) We are not in Argentina.
    #2) While you may be totally convinced that the world is coming to an end, everything is going to crash, and a years supply of food is mandatory for a "real" prepper, the vast majority of us here don't subscribe to this kind of hype and paranoia. Just because you believe it to be so, doesn't mean it's going to happen. Stop pushing this idea in multiple threads. I think one thread is enough.

How many threads are you going to start re-hashing the same crap all over again. Every time a moderator or staff member counter your post over lack of credible source/ proof/ or just lack of freaking common sense, you get your feeling hurt and go start an entirely different post about the same crap. That's paramount to asking mommy then running to daddy when you dont get the response you want.

Do you honestly think that the .gov is going to send someone to search every man, woman, child, and Paris Hilton's fucking Dog collar in the hopes of confiscating every piece of precious metal in the country? Come on, dude.

I think MTR summed it up best:

Quote Originally Posted by mitunnelrat View Post
    PM's were withheld from the government even then. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's considered that while discussing this with you.

I'm beginning to wonder if you're willing to cede any of the points presented to you on this, or if its more likely you're digging in to defend what is a life defining paradigm for you.

Much of what I've seen to this point is the same argument presented from a new angle when the prior post was discounted. What references there are to our rebuttals seem to ignore that they support our views, even as they're written to support your's.

Yes, gold was confiscated, it was illegal to own. Yes, black/ underground economies are illegal to operate.

What's going to stop someone from using an illegal currency in an illegal market?

My next question, are you looking beyond US borders for this? Is there anything we've said in our replies that you agree or disagree with? Why/ why not?

I don't mind discussing and debating topics, but there's usually some give and take. Some rationale or logic behind them. If you can't achieve that, is a topic worth pursuing?

Is this topic worth continuing?
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Crotch Rocket

How many will it take?
    It will take precisely one. This one. You don't need multiple threads on the same subject - it is in fact against our rules. You can find those rules in our announcements. #5 is the relevant piece to this if you're wondering.

I've merged the two threads together this time. If anyone has to do so again you'll accomplish nothing more than pissing me off. Understood?
    Last edited by mitunnelrat; 05-25-2012 at 09:13 PM.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Did you pay special attention about the ILLEGAL to BUY GOLD part?

Can't even buy foreign dollars...

Does anyone really care what they make illegal? I know i don't.

Crotch Rocket

By the way, how many European countries have failed? Argentina is South American.

How many other "facts" within your argument are patently false? You may want to stop and check them again before you continue this discussion. Not only does it damage your credibility making mistakes like this, you may be surprised at what you find...
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

CC Gray Panther

Smile

Okay I've read this thread twice and I still don't know if I quite got it understood or not. But here goes my theory.

If we went to a cashless society and banks controlled all transactions ; that would be a bad thing because they and the Govt. could track your purchases.

As far as gold ; like was posted earlier ; gold and silver are precious metals and will always be valuable to someone. So a cashless society will work based on previous post about bartering.

Now here is how this old boy works and thinks.
    I have most of the things needed to get by without money or precious metals. What I don't have or I need will be by bartering. I have never had any precious metals other than wedding rings. I have shelter and food and the things needed to get by.

Now as I tell other people ; you may have gold and silver to buy what you need if times get tough and I'll be waiting on you to come by for something you need.
    Lastly those who buy precious metals FTF and untraceable are the ones who will most likely keep theirs.

Bartering has been around since the caveman and will be until the earth dies and goes cold.

Just my 2 cents