Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

I re-organized and re-planned my maxpedition Jumbo pack GHB - figured out a few things I need to make it a more practical carry every day, although it does ride shotgun on trips, it spends lots of time in the trunk during the day, I need a MOLLE shooting glasses case, and some type of organizer for the inside to make things more accessible than they are now. This bag doubles as a range bag most of the time, AND i frequently need my cheapo protective eyewear/shooting glasses at work, so a MOLLE case is pretty necessary.

I bought more x39 ammo, and packed it into my famous 120 rnd. food saver battle packs labeled and dated them and put them in ammo cans.

Shopped a little for a .22 pocket pistol replacement for the one I carry now, pretty much settled on the beretta bobcat, or taurus pt22 I encounter lots of dogs on the job, and want something super discreet that customers won't notice while I'm in their homes.

Lots of vehicle maintenance starts tomorrow, on wife's car, and the BOV which has a steering shaft recall, if you have an old body style Nissan Xterra, call the stealership, give them your VIN, and get'er fixed for free (if covered).

I'll most likely shit myself

Quote Originally Posted by ak474u View Post
    Shopped a little for a .22 pocket pistol replacement for the one I carry now, pretty much settled on the beretta bobcat, or taurus pt22.
    AK I got a Bobcat .22 for the wife back in the 90's. It has never failed to shoot for us. Great little pocket pistol.
    Made a run to Sams for some food stocks, ziplocs, drink mixes, tp & other stuff. Also stopped by B&N ( I'm a book whore, Ok tool, gear, I guess just a whore), anyway I ran across a new magazine I had to get. Survivalist ! I haven't got to look thru it yet, but this issue, which is #2, appears to be mostly on weapons. I'll give a better report after I get a chance to look thru it. At first glance it reminded me of the old American Survival Guide mag, which I really enjoied reading.

Crotch Rocket

Quote Originally Posted by ak474u View Post
    Lots of vehicle maintenance starts tomorrow, on wife's car, and the BOV which has a steering shaft recall, if you have an old body style Nissan Xterra, call the stealership, give them your VIN, and get'er fixed for free (if covered).
    Good point on the vehicle maintenance. I just dropped my Bravada off for repairs today. The pitman/ idler arms, steering gear box, EGR valve, and the oil coolant lines are all getting replaced. That's the major stuff. Once I get it back I'll have to put new tires on and get an alignment. Minor repairs are new door bushing for the driver's door, and hopefully he can repair the mounting point and replace the driver's side lift arm (piston?) to my hatch. That one froze, broke the mount, and blew through the top of my hatch... yet noone knows how/ when that could have happened.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!