After taking an interest in field emergency medicine I put together a large first aid kit to act as a "corpsman" bag of sorts. It's based on the Maxpedition Jumbo Versapack LEO . As Mitunnelrat showed with his thread you can cram a dizzying array of stuff in these bags.

So here's the basic kit. As you can see this bag is meant to be slung over the shoulder. Now I'll admit, I've not yet used this in the field so I don't know if such a bag will prove too cumbersome but will keep you posted.

My main emphasis is trauma injuries, especially gunshots. I am around firearms a lot so it made sense to build the bag around this need.

NOTE: Please ignore that disgusting patch on the front of the bag.

On the side pocket I've got compressed gauze, triangular bandages and an emergency blanket to help keep injured people warm.

The font pocket has a lot of smaller items that could get lost in the bottom of a bag. There is a nasopharyngeal airway, surgical lube, burn cream, finger splint, CRKT knife, alcohol swabs, a syringe for irrigation, TK4 tourniquet and a "gun shot kit" (more on this later).