Thread: Long time no talk

Walking on Sunshine

Long time no talk

Hello Everyone,
    Hope all is well with you. Just wanted to say I am STILL here. This past year has been rough on us.I think I am coming out of the pit I have been in. Sorry I haven't been on this for so long. The grands are doing okay in TN. In fact Grand D1 is graduating high school this month) then she is on to Tenn Tech? GrandS1 is going into his senior year next year (I'm old) We will be heading down there this week, then to see my sisters in VA then home. Sadly, Grand D3(son1's daughter) has been in and out of the hospital these past few months. She has been experiencing kidney infections due to a valve not closing properly. The doctor did surgery to fix it but there is something else going on. She has been in pain and the doctors are running tests. I pray it isn't serious.Son2 and Family are doing well. GrandS2and GrandD2 have excelled in school with GrandD2 catching up with her reading skills. So I hope all of you are doing well and staying safe.

Dont worry about shitting yourself
    Sorry it's been rough. Glad to hear you're OK.
    Haven't been logging on that much myself, most times when I do, there's nothing new.

Walking on Sunshine

Thank you Gunfixr. We're doing good. Graduation was great, GRD1 in the top 5% of her class(about 600). GRD3 is doing better, she still is experiencing pain and sleeps 13-15 hours a day. Still waiting on when she and DIL1 go to Children's in Boston.We're in the middle of some MUCH needed renovations on the bathrooms. We pulled the paper off the wall and there was the original owners note that it was put up Dec. 28th 1986.We're the 3rd owners, guess the people we bought the house from didn't do ANYTHING on it. Got rid of the slanted tub. If you tried to take a shower in it, you felt like you're falling into the wall head first LOL. House is getting repainted outside and a lot of little repair work has been done on the wood trim.. DH and I don't get up on ladders (well he can't and has a fit when I do.Sucks getting old). Can't believe we're as old as we are (he'll be 72 in Oct. and I just turned 69). Told Son2 that we're doing all this so he won't have to when we pass on LOL. Still plugging away at things. DH and I were discussing adding solar and possibly wind power to back up the standby.Can't go off grid here but I can only try and see how much we can get put in.I'm rambling have a good night , hope your 4th was good.

Dont worry about shitting yourself
    Be careful doing the renovation work. All we can do is keep plugging along. Me and my wife both had to work the 4th.

For the Love of Cats

Hey all, been having laptop issues, but doing well, plugging along.

Hope everyone else is the same.

summer is in full swing and that means gardens, added several more and they're all doing great. Looking forward to a good bounty.
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Walking on Sunshine

Well the baths are done, house looks great inside and out. Glad that's over. DH is now making noises about traveling this fall, I think he wants to check on GRD1 at the college LOL.As for GRD3, she's is not in so much pain now and is only sleeping 13 hours. Boston is still in her future but they just got all the paperwork and charts(at least that's what DIL1 was told) so now it's a waiting game.Other than that GRS1 is now gainfully employed (at Subway). Gotta pay for the vehicle and his "girlfriend" (bearded dragon called Alice) Comes home smelling like the Italian bread, dogs go nuts when he gets home HA HA HA HA. Son2 and DIL2 are doing good as are GRS 2and GRD 2. They are enjoying their summer vacation.Can't wait to see them soon.

For the Love of Cats

hope everyone is still doing well... winding the summer down, and time to start my winter canning before hunting.
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

may be in trouble

Back again after a long gap.

As much preps are done. 959 AAW, and done. Any further alterations will be posted.

I'll most likely shit myself

Well hello folks. Hope your all doing welll