Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Aquaponics system. Need people to critique my system

Does NOT use a snake bit sucker kit on snake bits

Quote Originally Posted by helomech View Post
    Well took out all the perch and bass, and put in 100 2-3 inch channel catfish. Forgot to take a pic of the fish, was in a big hurry, but did get a pic of my youngest son trying to catch the bass. Also bought 5 lbsl of flat head minnows, put about 200 of them in the tank with the catfish and put the rest in my pond.

You've been busy. Is this a new deck over the fish tank? Just to put things in prospective for us layman we need a updated photo shoot of your build.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Yes it is a deck. Mainly to keep most of the sunlight out of the tank. Was starting to get a algae problem. Also to help keep leaves out of the tank. Not much difference yet, other than the deck. But can post some new pics when I get home. I am stuck offshore right now, but should be going home tomorrow.

Found some tilapia locally so bought all she had. Got 60 today, and going to get more next week. Lots of my catfish I put in 2 weeks ago are dying, but 4 a day. But the tilapia so far seem to be doing great.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Helo, your projects amaze me. I am digging the progress you have made. This is awesome.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

For the Love of Cats

I though Tilapia were almost indestructible! what's wrong with them?

Quote Originally Posted by izzyscout21 View Post
    Helo, your projects amaze me. I am digging the progress you have made. This is awesome.
    Thanks, almost done with my house then all my time is going to be on the aquaponics system.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    I though Tilapia were almost indestructible! what's wrong with them?
    Nothing wrong with the Tilapia, but all my catfish are dying.

Well I guess I should update. All my catfish are dead, and all but 13 of my tilapia are dead. But I got everything under control and have not lost a fish in almost 2 weeks. Should be picking up 40 more tilapia tomorrow and getting a breeding trio this weekend. Plant growth is good, and we added two more grow beds.

And we planted these grow beds last week.

And here is the solar heater I am building to warm up my water. The in ground tank is trying to stay at 68 F and that is a little to cold for tilapia. I have been using some garden hoses to heat the water and got the water to 82F much better, but should be able to get the water to the high 80's pretty easy once I am done with this.

Still got to line it and pain the pipe, then hook it up.

I'll most likely shit myself

Nice growth on the plants. They look real good specially the peppers. Glad the fish kill has stabilized. That with pipe running thru will make a huge difference in temp. How warm does the talapia like?