She is a smart kid.

I asked "What does President's Day mean?"

I was waiting for something about

Washington or Lincoln .... etc.

She replied, "President's Day is when

President Obama steps out of

the White House, and if he sees his shadow we have

one more year of unemployment."
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

For the Love of Cats

What's the difference between Dubai and Abu Dhabi??

The people in Dubai don't really like The Flintstones but the people of Abu Dhabi doooooooo

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

For the Love of Cats

For the Love of Cats

didn't know where else to put this, and it seemed appropriate to be here

Looking for another nonlethal way to take down suspects, the Anderson Police Department decided to go the way of the dragon.

The police force in the Northern California town of about 10,000 people plans to equip its 20 officers with nunchakus, also known as nunchucks.

Basically, they’re what martial arts legend Bruce Lee used – besides his fists of fury and feet -- to take down all those bad guys in his movies.

The police department was looking for a versatile tool that would limit injuries to officers and the people they detained – but that would still be an effective means of subduing an unruly suspect. Anderson’s top brass decided nunchakus were the way to go, said Sgt. Casey Day.

“It gives us the ability to control a suspect instead of striking them,” he said.

Of course, if you’ve watched enough Lee movies you’ll notice that he didn’t use nunchakus to pacify his enemies. He beat them up with them. But Anderson police insist they can detain someone with them in a relatively peaceful way.

Day was recently certified to train the department’s officers on the proper use of the nunchakus. He wants officers to have another option besides the baton, a traditional impact weapon. Officers won’t be required to use nunchakus, he said. But if officers decide to use them, they must pass a 16-hour training program.

Day, a 15-year police veteran, said he has given up his baton for nunchakus.

“I see the value and the safety they bring to me,” he said, adding that nunchakus provide a distance between an officer and a suspect.

Sure, he was skeptical at first, Day said. But once he used the nunchakus, he was sold.

The pincher-style nunchakus became popular in the police community in the 1980s, said Greg Meyer, a use-of-force expert and former Los Angeles Police Department training captain. Anaheim, San Diego and the LAPD are just some of the agencies that have used them– at least for a while.

Some law enforcement agencies stopped using nunchakus when officers improperly used them -- in some cases resulting in broken wrists, he said.

In 1991, the LAPD agreed to stop using nunchakus at protests– a decision sparked by a federal lawsuit filed by anti-abortion activists.

The department opted to settle the lawsuit following the March 3 beating of Rodney G. King, which happened that same year. At the time, Deputy City Atty. Jack Brown, who was representing the LAPD, said the department was concerned about the public perception over using nunchakus to subdue people.

Day hasn’t used his nunchakus, but is confident he will use them properly.

“I don’t go around looking for trouble,” he said.

Neither did Bruce Lee.

For the Love of Cats

Do you have a robot?
    I do not think it will last long. San Diego Police Department issued nunchucks to its people during the 1970's. They do work great if you want to practice with them, most cops do not want to practice if they can get away with it. In the first year they had a bunch of crooks with broken bones. It is the Detain Suspect clip is where they would snap a bone real fast.
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

For the Love of Cats

Just burned 2000 calories.
    That's the last time I leave brownies in the oven while I nap.

Do you have a robot?
    Hat off, head bowed and I am in morning for your brownies, nothing worse then wasting good brownies..........no more naps.
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

For the Love of Cats

Eddie wanted desperately to have sex with this really cute, really hot girl in his office, but she was dating someone else. One day Eddie got so frustrated that he went to her and said, 'I'll give you $100 if you let me have sex with you.’ The girl looked at him and then said, ‘NO.'
    Eddie said, ‘I'll be real fast. I'll throw the money on the floor, you bend down, and I’ll finish by the time you've picked it up.' She thought for a moment and said that she would consult with her boyfriend.
    She called him and explained the situation. Her boyfriend says, 'Ask him for $200, and pick up the money really fast.
    He won't even be able to get his pants down.’
    She agreed and accepts the proposal.
    Over half an hour goes by and the boyfriend is waiting for his girlfriend's call.
    Finally, after 45 minutes the boyfriend calls and asks, 'What happened?'
    Still breathing hard, she managed to reply, 'The ******* had all quarters!'
    Management lesson:
    Always consider a business proposition in its entirety before agreeing to it and getting screwed.

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    Eddie wanted desperately to have sex with this really cute, really hot girl in his office, but she was dating someone else. One day Eddie got so frustrated that he went to her and said, 'I'll give you $100 if you let me have sex with you.’ The girl looked at him and then said, ‘NO.'
    Eddie said, ‘I'll be real fast. I'll throw the money on the floor, you bend down, and I’ll finish by the time you've picked it up.' She thought for a moment and said that she would consult with her boyfriend.
    She called him and explained the situation. Her boyfriend says, 'Ask him for $200, and pick up the money really fast.

He won't even be able to get his pants down.’
    She agreed and accepts the proposal.
    Over half an hour goes by and the boyfriend is waiting for his girlfriend's call.
    Finally, after 45 minutes the boyfriend calls and asks, 'What happened?'
    Still breathing hard, she managed to reply, 'The ******* had all quarters!'
    Management lesson:
    Always consider a business proposition in its entirety before agreeing to it and getting screwed.
    HEY...no fair giving away my secrets. Now they are gonna catch on quicker.