Page 143 of 389 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153193243 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

My wife picked up an older model sewing machine yesterday. It's a Brother VX-808. All the parts are there and it still works. Best part is..........only 8 bucks.

Now............we both have to learn to use it.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

CC Gray Panther
    Quote Originally Posted by izzyscout21 View Post
    My wife picked up an older model sewing machine yesterday. It's a Brother VX-808. All the parts are there and it still works. Best part is..........only 8 bucks.

Now............we both have to learn to use it.
    We have probably 4 or 5 machines newer used and a couple like grandma used with the wheel on the side. I always help wife with sewing when she lets me. Can't have enough machines with 12 grand kids and 3 great grand kids.

Oh and bucoo material of different sorts.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

if I ever get this thing figured out..............there's a monster lurking inside.............
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

GunnerMax
    I got from the dollar store for storing away and not using:
    1 Hydrogen Peroxide
    1 Tripe antibiotic ointment
    1 ace bandage
    1 toothpaste
    3 bars of soap
    2 shampoo
    2 shaving cream
    3 types of spices
    12 D batteries
    24 AA batteries

I had a package of 8 sponges but the wife without me realizing it until now, switched it out to a 2 pack with the green scrubbie side. she doesnt understand I got the 8 pack for when I dont care about green scrubbies

Re: What have you done to prep this week?

Quote Originally Posted by izzyscout21 View Post
    if I ever get this thing figured out..............there's a monster lurking inside.............
    Heard that. I first put hands on one years ago and have made some cool stuff. Dog harness for offroading with the pooch sans doors, cargo net with snazzy metal attachment hardware, various repairs from personal garments to Jeep soft tops. While I've never had the opportunity to push a heavy duty machine, there's a limit to amount of punishment the home grade machines will take.

On topic:

Perused the local flea market & procured a nice little antique oil lamp in good working order & a few pieces of scrap silver coin for a decent price.

I have 10 frozen turkeys in my freezer, and I'm not done yet! And many, many more canned veggies. In fact, we got a new flier today, and they are extending the prices another week, and those poor fools are even dropping the price of a few types of veggies to 3 for $1! I have taken to filling up my china hutch with canned goods, since my actual fine china is packed away in my closet. We are hoping to build some real shelves in the pantry this winter, after the new year. The shelves in there now are just a half-step above useless.

Also, bought a good bit of hay today, from an elderly local farmer, and he is a really super nice guy. The hay was a more than fair price, and it was beautiful. Also, with any luck we will be buying some beef calves off of him next year, as soon as they are weaned. Nothing purebred, just some Angus/Hereford cross, but you could tell from how they are built that they have some good lines to them, and hey, once it's on the grill it will taste fantastic!

Added a new pressure canner to my old one. It's a Presto. Will be able to process twice the amount of jars at one time now!

Jimmy

Crotch Rocket

What have you done to prep this week?

My smoking cessation is going well. I used up and finished with the e-cigarette the weekend of the 10th, and I've only had 4 cigarettes since that time. The urges are almost entirely gone now, and getting progressively weaker.

Since that's going well I'm starting on the next phase of my plan and eliminating caffeine from my day. This is a bigger issue for me than smoking ever was, so I'm giving myself a month.

I've already quit buying Pepsi and switched to caffeine pills so I'm getting an immediate benefit from dropping the extra, empty calories of the soda. I'll be reducing the pill dosage over the next month until I'm only taking 1/2 of 1 for the final 3 days.

Once this deer season is over I'll get into more regular workouts again. Right now I'm too busy sitting in the woods, but I'm definitely on a mission now to "HTFU"
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Premium Member

another 100 rds of 9mm and 240 rds of .223 for the AR
    The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

Does NOT use a snake bit sucker kit on snake bits

Quote Originally Posted by mitunnelrat View Post
    My smoking cessation is going well. I used up and finished with the e-cigarette the weekend of the 10th, and I've only had 4 cigarettes since that time. The urges are almost entirely gone now, and getting progressively weaker.

Since that's going well I'm starting on the next phase of my plan and eliminating caffeine from my day. This is a bigger issue for me than smoking ever was, so I'm giving myself a month.

I've already quit buying Pepsi and switched to caffeine pills so I'm getting an immediate benefit from dropping the extra, empty calories of the soda. I'll be reducing the pill dosage over the next month until I'm only taking 1/2 of 1 for the final 3 days.

Once this deer season is over I'll get into more regular workouts again. Right now I'm too busy sitting in the woods, but I'm definitely on a mission now to "HTFU"
    Fantastic and keep up the go work!!! I know what your going through, I'm a smoker and when I quit I have to quit drinking alcohol now if I only quit drinking coffee, eating and driving. I've quit several times and the longest and easiest for me was the patch and it was for one year smoke free. I had it licked but one day... I was a smoker again. The next time I try to quit I'll have learned from the last failed attempts.

Kick there ass MTR!!!
    You don't need to be the strongest
    or the most intelligent to survive
    but by having the right tools and
    the adaptability of change
    is where you will prevail.