Page 54 of 389 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

I put an order in for 1, (maybe 2 calves) I will pick up this month burned and banded. Steak. Steak. Steak.
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

New AR style muzzle brake for my Yugo AK, Thank you Century for not putting a US made one on my gun at the factory, yay! oh well, coulda been worse, they coulda put the yugo imported handguards that are impossible to replace on it with a standard "Slick" handguard, and I don't hear good things about the quadrails that are available for it at this point.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    Well, I don't drink, smoke or take drugs, but I LOVE Cheezits and Hershey bars, so yeah, my pants run a little on the snug side.
    Working with what I have, then, it will be a Charter Arms Bull Dog 44 on the belt and the J frame 357 in the pocket. That will give me 10 rounds immediately.
    Dang! I wish we could carry rifles.
    Ok, checking out my charter arms bulldog in 44, I have got to say, thats a little big for CCW, just my opinion. I ccw a J frame as does the wife. But then again, we also carry G-19's and commander 1911's as well. But as for size, that Bulldog has got to be cramping your style.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormfeather View Post
    Ok, checking out my charter arms bulldog in 44, I have got to say, thats a little big for CCW, just my opinion. I ccw a J frame as does the wife. But then again, we also carry G-19's and commander 1911's as well. But as for size, that Bulldog has got to be cramping your style.
    Went into town tonight with the 357 snub in an Uncle Mikes nylon belt holster (yeah, I know, but I don't have a lot of extra money), and the Bulldog 44 in my front pocket, under an untucked denim shirt. Put one speed strip of 44 Special in my shirt pocket.
    All in all it was covered up OK. A cop most likely would have spotted it, but I was comfortable no one else would.

A laugh a minute
    big day of prepping today. Got the beer on ice chillin, moonshine in the freezer, rotel dip made and chips ready, and making taco soup. Don't care for either team, so I,m rootin for the commercials.

I'll most likely shit myself

LB sounds like your making a haul.

We hit up krogers and the 10 fo $10 sale, got a bunch of canned goods, frozen foods, cheese, etc. I also picked up 1050 rounds of federal .22's, a large bottle of Hoppe's #9 cleaning fluid, a #10 shell holder for loading my .223, a lightweight rescue pulley and carabiner, blast match for the wife GHB and my best score, a Petzel Tikka plus for $39. They usually go for $54 around here. The wife also picked up a heavy fleece hoodie and a fleece vest for a steal.

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

BP, I am getting a pretty good deal. That's why I'm leaning towards 2. Me and Kodiak are gonna split the cost.

Also picked up a bundle of wood to cut for the wood burner. It's the outside cuts off a tree before the mill makes the boards. Have 2 more bundles on order. Got the new stall built for calf/calves.
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

A laugh a minute
    Went to IGA grocery store they have a sale on Hormel Chili. 10 FOR $5.00.so we pick up 20 cans. I hate that chili but will learn to like it when I have to eat it, lol

For the Love of Cats

learn now... it will be part of your rotation! Think why you don't like it, and fix it! add veggies, add spices, add meat. just cause you have a can of chili, doesn't mean you have to eat a can of chili. Use it as a base, to start a meal from. ADd, Add, Add! any decent chef knows that any one ingredient, is nothing but a starting point to a great meal!

I stopped by the dollar store on my way home, and bought 80 cans of stuff. My pantry is now full. and I am waiting until my wife's next trip away to to expand it. In the mean time, I am fillling the voids that I created when I expanded my pantry, and populated it.

mwahahahahha

Quote Originally Posted by Taz Baby View Post
    Went to IGA grocery store they have a sale on Hormel Chili. 10 FOR $5.00.so we pick up 20 cans. I hate that chili but will learn to like it when I have to eat it, lol

That is so cheap. It is on sale here for $1.25 per can. I mix a can of no beans and a can of with beans and it is edible with some onions, cheese, and a dash of hot sauce. At least you can put is aside for trading if it comes to it.