Page 127 of 389 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137177227 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

Re: What have you done to prep this week?

Switched out mags, reorganized the book shelves, and did some inventory. Thanks for the congrats on the job.

This guy has "some" flashlights. Just a couple. As in, a metric-butt ton of em.

Ordered all the maps of BOL property and surrounding areas.

Mounting them on a large board spliced accordingly under a large piece of tempered glass.

In hopes we can use it with dry erase markers....and have a quick reference to point out areas of interest.

We have the plat....and the tax plats of the neighboring property....but this will be a tool that I believe will be of great value.
    The Difference Between a Welfare State and a Totalitarian State is a Matter of Time.

Echo, that is uncanny, I was just today thinking about my dads hunting maps. He has a huge black and white aerial photo of the family land, on a 8x4 sheet of osb. They have heavy duty clear vinyl on top, and they use dry erase markers to plan drives. I was thinking that I wish I had one of those, and I have no idea how to go about getting one, the picture in our co. tax assessment page is like 8 yrs old, and needs updated.

Great idea, I agree it would be invaluable!

Quote Originally Posted by 4suchatimeasthis View Post
    Echo, that is uncanny, I was just today thinking about my dads hunting maps. He has a huge black and white aerial photo of the family land, on a 8x4 sheet of osb. They have heavy duty clear vinyl on top, and they use dry erase markers to plan drives. I was thinking that I wish I had one of those, and I have no idea how to go about getting one, the picture in our co. tax assessment page is like 8 yrs old, and needs updated.

Great idea, I agree it would be invaluable!
    Google Maps
    The Difference Between a Welfare State and a Totalitarian State is a Matter of Time.

For the Love of Cats

Quote Originally Posted by Echo2 View Post
    What brand?
    I don't know, there are no manufacture marks on them, but they were made in Taiwan. The seem to be quite solidly made, and as thick material as my "Lodge" ones
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    I don't know, there are no manufacture marks on them, but they were made in Taiwan. The seem to be quite solidly made, and as thick material as my "Lodge" ones
    I have a few from China....My only reservation with using them is I have read that they at one time were using lead in the casting process.

I don't think that it would be enough to hurt you....and If I didn't have a pile of domestically manufactured stuff....I'd be using them now.

But as for now....I refurbished and seasoned....then stored...some are hanging on the wall.....one that was suspected of having a crack....is now a clock...

For the Love of Cats

lead is used in the manufacture of all steel products, everywhere. It is a necessary ingredient

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Depending on what's being manufactured.....They were using it in the release agent in the flux compound.

Steel and iron to be used in food grade items, in the states anyway, lead is not to be used by FDA regs.

- - - Updated - - -

This is relatively current....so the old Grizwalds and Franklins I'm using my have been made with it anyway.

For the Love of Cats

Ok... So I may be outdated too then...

I worked in a rolling mill in The 80's and a forging mill in the Early 90's. I guess times have changed.

Sorry for any mis-information

Are you still in the industry?...I saw the pics....dayum....big stuff....