Page 159 of 389 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161169209259 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,590 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

A laugh a minute

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by robsdak View Post
    i guess this is kinda prepper related.

got the OK, for a 5 bed, 2 bath, 2 car garage house. can 'we' say room to prep? : ) there is plenty of room for a nice garden. mature fruit trees. backyard is 6ft. privacy fence. the neighborhood is good, country type setting and the house is on a cul de sac, means no real traffic. the best part....... no one can build behind me, and the woods are fairly close.

i take possession on the 14-Feb and moved in on 1-Mar. looking forward to having the room to do things.
    What a great Valentines present for you. Oh the fun you are going to have planning what to do first after all the stuff is moved in. Is it farm land? Can you have animals? Woods means hunting too. Don't forget the pictures so we can see too
    I am me,
    I am free,
    You can not change me.

If you try, you will see,
    That I am unchangeable,
    Because I am me.

RIP, brother. We are diminshed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taz Baby View Post
    What a great Valentines present for you. Oh the fun you are going to have planning what to do first after all the stuff is moved in. Is it farm land? Can you have animals? Woods means hunting too. Don't forget the pictures so we can see too
    not really having to plan. already know whats' going on. LOL garden!!!! no farm land. no animals. but the woods are real close out back. maybe 75yds. pics are a must... it is having carpet going in in the next week or so. the garage means i no longer have to do 'messy' projects on the porch. there is going to be plenty of room for 'prepping' storage.

cul de sac means when it comes time, i can cut a MOAT across and won't be bothered. LMAO!!!!
    "Ya need a hug, or a twinkee? Wait..forget the twinkie". - Dropy

"I'll be in my bunk" Jayne Cobb

'Catch, sauté, and release...' Sniper-T

'Always smile... it makes people wonder what the fuck you are thinking!' Sniper-T

Body Armor is not bullet proof, it is only bullet resistant.* Learn to become strictly a head hunter.*

'All I really needed was a hug'............ Domeguy

A laugh a minute
    As far as prepping goes the plans you make are always changing, or at least ours does. The weather has been bad here and has caused some issues on our BOL. Snow fell heavy last week and the rain along with it has cause our road to have to have immediate attention. We now are thinking of having to put culverts in some places to reroute the streams overflow so it doesn't wash out the road. The ice causes us to have to creep along a bad curve with a very steep decline that is scary to drive on because of mountain on one side and nothing on the other. The other day we were sliding down hill and around a curve. I thought we were going over the edge for sure but thank GOD my DH knows how to drive in those conditions. we made it safely around and I told him I will not be going back until the ice is gone. My heart can't take it anymore. We have a excavator coming to take out part of the mountainside so SIL & BIL can build their house. As far as our house goes, well let me just say, "Contractors just suck." They advertise their work but just DON'T want to do the job.
    I am me,
    I am free,
    You can not change me.

That I am unchangeable,
    Because I am me.

As far as prepping goes the plans you make are always changing, or at least ours does. The weather has been bad here and has caused some issues on our BOL. Snow fell heavy last week and the rain along with it has cause our road to have to have immediate attention. We now are thinking of having to put culverts in some places to reroute the streams overflow so it doesn't wash out the road. The ice causes us to have to creep along a bad curve with a very steep decline that is scary to drive on because of mountain on one side and nothing on the other. The other day we were sliding down hill and around a curve. I thought we were going over the edge for sure but thank GOD my DH knows how to drive in those conditions. we made it safely around and I told him I will not be going back until the ice is gone. My heart can't take it anymore. We have a excavator coming to take out part of the mountainside so SIL & BIL can build their house. As far as our house goes, well let me just say, "Contractors just suck." They advertise their work but just DON'T want to do the job.

i know things change. most of mine are just adding,rotating and SOON gardening!!! only thing i am really looking at is a genset for the new house. where i am, weather is not that big of a factor. cold weather is just cool weather, rain is rain and no snow. hurricanes aren't even that big of a deal here. i am 35+/- miles from the coast and i high, well draining ground.

i grew up in the snow, sometimes i miss it and want to move back. but i won't. when i was working, i worked in NC in the mountains. it was pretty and the drive was beautiful. couldn't live there. if i went up the mountain and stayed, i would be fine. i suffer from 'mountain sickness'. it's like being hungover after a LONG night of drinking. it got old quick!

i know about contractors. LOL think they are millionaires and only take the jobs they want. sorry asses, they take the easy jobs. seems most people today are afraid of hard work, like it's a disease or something. if you need and old worn out Electrician to come kick it for a few days, let me know. i always did love a road trip.

'Always smile... it makes people wonder what the fuck you are thinking!' Sniper-T

Body Armor is not bullet proof, it is only bullet resistant.* Learn to become strictly a head hunter.*

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Did a winter hike today, cold as shit, about 28 deg with steady breeze. Tested out some gear, and myself... My gear held up better than I did, legs got tired so I indexed the mission early. But had a good time... Video in in production, it's own thread to follow.

EB

Crotch Rocket

I applied for a 2nd job this morning, deeming it as wise to accelerate my program.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

A laugh a minute
    We got a 2006 low milage, cheap Pathfinder and got rid of a car. Still getting the toys for it too, like a TomTom GPS, Rugged Ridge All Terrain Floor Mats. Tested it out on an icy frozen hill and it never slide once. It has all the whistles and bells on it and my 2 favorite are the heated seats ( which I call my BUTT warmer) and that you can push a button and the pedals move up and back so I can reach them and don't have to shove the seat up into the steering wheel.
    Like this one

Last edited by Taz Baby; 01-28-2013 at 03:23 PM.
    I am me,
    I am free,
    You can not change me.

That I am unchangeable,
    Because I am me.

For the Love of Cats

Quote Originally Posted by mitunnelrat View Post
    I applied for a 2nd job this morning, deeming it as wise to accelerate my program.
    Say it with me now...
    "would you like fries with that?"

Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

We got a 2006 low milage, cheap Pathfinder and got rid of a car. Still getting the toys for it too, like a TomTom GPS, Rugged Ridge All Terrain Floor Mats. Tested it out on an icy frozen hill and it never slide once. It has all the whistles and bells on it and my 2 favorite are the heated seats ( which I call my BUTT warmer) and that you can push a button and the pedals move up and back so I can reach them and don't have to shove the seat up into the steering wheel.
    Like this one
    i like it.

Crotch Rocket

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    Say it with me now...
    "would you like fries with that?"

LOL! Close... Deli counter at the local market. I heard a rumor you get an employee discount on groceries too!

- - - Updated - - -

BUTT warmer
    One of the best features ever developed for a car, imo.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!