PDA

View Full Version : Welcome new members! Introduce yourselves here

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

izzyscout21
01-04-2012, 02:43 PM
Hello All, I'm Dragonfly. DW to Stormfeather - He has been telling me so much about this site so I finally got a chance to sign up. I am new and, at the same time, not new to the idea of prepping or being a prepper, as I come from a large family living in rural CA. I look forward to learning what I can from everyone and sharing my knowledge.

Welcome in Dragonfly!

Now............when you get tired of stubbing your toe and stepping on all of Stormy's toys, give me a call. I will gladly come up and remedy the problem via relocation.

Alas Babylon
01-04-2012, 02:52 PM
Hi everyone!
I was referred to this site by Evolver, and thanks to him for that! I look forward to learning more and sharing with all of you.
I live in east central Florida, in what used to be a great rural area. I have 6 acres, and am surrounded by farms of various sizes and types. Unfortunatley development is rapidly spreading my way. But at least for now, its still a hopefully great area to prep in. I've been doing various types of prepping since I was in Boy Scouts so many years ago, and its has carried through. I still have much to do and much to learn. Thanks for having this great site, forum and resource!

izzyscout21
01-04-2012, 03:17 PM
wecome in Babylon. Good to have you.

Dragonfly
01-04-2012, 03:33 PM
Welcome in Dragonfly!

Now............when you get tired of stubbing your toe and stepping on all of Stormy's toys, give me a call. I will gladly come up and remedy the problem via relocation.

Well, it the toy's you are referring to are what I think they are - there is a small secret that "Stormy" forgets to disclose....Half of them are mine. :)

Evolver
01-04-2012, 10:17 PM
Hi everyone!
I was referred to this site by Evolver, and thanks to him for that! I look forward to learning more and sharing with all of you.
I live in east central Florida, in what used to be a great rural area. I have 6 acres, and am surrounded by farms of various sizes and types. Unfortunatley development is rapidly spreading my way. But at least for now, its still a hopefully great area to prep in. I've been doing various types of prepping since I was in Boy Scouts so many years ago, and its has carried through. I still have much to do and much to learn. Thanks for having this great site, forum and resource!

Welcome and it's good to see ya. Alas has some nice orchards and we're not talking the regional citrus type. He introduced allot of us Florida growers to types of Apples and Peaches that grow nicely here. Who would have thunk that a Apple didn't need a good freeze to produce fruit.

Sniper-T
01-05-2012, 12:39 AM
welcome all newbs... looking forward to your contributions!

now wont someone bring in some more Canadians???

All the planting info is great.... but not really applicable to our seasons.

:rolleyes:

bacpacker
01-05-2012, 12:44 AM
Welcome in folks. Glad to have you in here.

Sniper I'd trade you your snow and cold weather for our 90-100 degree/90-100% humidity this summer. Gladly

Sniper-T
01-05-2012, 12:47 AM
Welcome in folks. Glad to have you in here.

Sniper I'd trade you your snow and cold weather for our 90-100 degree/90-100% humidity this summer. Gladly

Actually, I don't think you would bud... our summers are often like that too.

how about that, eh? from winter to summer... we often have 160 degree temp range.

bacpacker
01-05-2012, 12:58 AM
Damn! We're more like 100-120 swings in a bad year. I would like to have some colder weather here though.

ladyhk13
01-05-2012, 02:44 AM
I think he's really leaving so Lunchbox will stop eating what madpiper's wife sends with him for lunch everyday. Think that's really how Lunchbox got his name....he doesn't stay out of other people's lunchbox!!!! LOL

Stormfeather
01-05-2012, 03:47 AM
Well, it the toy's you are referring to are what I think they are - there is a small secret that "Stormy" forgets to disclose....Half of them are mine. :)

MODS. . . can we have a "Do Not Like" button? please? She keeps insisting somehow that half the guns are hers, and I keep telling her to get back in the kitchen and make me a sammich. . . Why wont this woman listen??? :rolleyes:

ladyhk13
01-05-2012, 03:57 AM
I'm a MOD and I say that they are ALL HER's and she let's you play with them. Now please go clean them for her.

izzyscout21
01-05-2012, 01:11 PM
If I told my wife to make me a sammich, she may use one of my guns on me, then cram the sammich in my mouth.

Stormfeather
01-06-2012, 12:57 AM
I'm a MOD and I say that they are ALL HER's and she let's you play with them. Now please go clean them for her.

yea. . . but you're a woman MOD. . . do those even count? :)

(this is said in all jest, please do not strike me down with feminine fury! If it is offensive, then please let me know, sometimes I go too far when im joking and dont realize it. )

Stormfeather
01-06-2012, 12:58 AM
If I told my wife to make me a sammich, she may use one of my guns on me, then cram the sammich in my mouth.

At least you would be getting fed a sammich!

ladyhk13
01-06-2012, 03:38 AM
I can't even hardly reply right now because I am ROTFLMAO!!!!!!! You guys crack me up!

Twitchy
01-06-2012, 03:40 AM
hahahahaha I love this site!!! :o

JustAPrepper
01-06-2012, 08:29 PM
Welcome to the newcomers and a special shout out to Alas! Evolver and I have been fortunate enough to meet him in person on a couple of occassions at various Florida prepping events and he's a top notch guy!

izzyscout21
01-06-2012, 08:56 PM
I would also like to take a second to welcome all our new members. Thanks for taking the time to make us a part of your online family.

I highly encourage all our new members to post new discussion and partake in the curent ones. You all have something to contribute!

Twitchy
01-06-2012, 09:30 PM
Welcome to the new members! You guys are with a good bunch here! Can't wait to see you all getting into the discussions!

bacpacker
01-08-2012, 02:44 AM
Glad to see all the new folks on here. Can't wait to see what you have to add.

MegaCPC
01-11-2012, 05:10 AM
Just checking in.

Evolver
01-12-2012, 12:35 AM
Just checking in.

Welcome from central east coast florida.

work in progress
01-15-2012, 02:37 PM
Howdy ya'll - new member via lunchbox. Should have joined sooner - these forums are great.
I'm definetly a prepping work in progress - hence the name. working diligently on building firearm and survival skills. I'm a baker and grower of many things at home. Now I'm trying to convert everything I know to being able to do with with my hands and over a fire. Would rather ride my horse anywhere than be in a vehicle. I am a mounted officer and C.O. for my local Sheriff's Dept. I've heard so much about all of you - just happy to finally be here.

izzyscout21
01-15-2012, 02:52 PM
I've heard so much about all of you - just happy to finally be here.

Welcome in WIP! I trust you don't believe everything Lunchbox tells you about us.:o

The Stig
01-15-2012, 06:59 PM
Howdy ya'll - new member via lunchbox. Should have joined sooner - these forums are great.
I'm definetly a prepping work in progress - hence the name. working diligently on building firearm and survival skills. I'm a baker and grower of many things at home. Now I'm trying to convert everything I know to being able to do with with my hands and over a fire. Would rather ride my horse anywhere than be in a vehicle. I am a mounted officer and C.O. for my local Sheriff's Dept. I've heard so much about all of you - just happy to finally be here.

Welcome aboard WIP. Glad you made the decision to join up and hope you find much useful information here.

I think there are some fellow horse owners/riders here that would enjoy hearing about your experiences on horseback.

And as Brother Izzy said, Lunchbox has a tendency to skew the truth in his favor. Just sayin'

ladyhk13
01-15-2012, 08:28 PM
Welcome all of you new members! Just a side note that if you are married I would like to invite your wives to join our Ladies Forum. We have a wonderful group of gals and have great discussions there. Please feel free to contact me should you have any questions. LHK

LUNCHBOX
01-15-2012, 09:31 PM
Lady, as you may know by now "WIP" is my wife. She has been wanting to join with tons of canning questions.

The Stig
01-15-2012, 09:38 PM
Lady, as you may know by now "WIP" is my wife. She has been wanting to join with tons of canning questions.

Fantastic! I was hoping more folks would get their spouses to join.

ladyhk13
01-15-2012, 09:42 PM

Sorry, hadn't checked in today...she's approved!

LUNCHBOX
01-15-2012, 09:48 PM
Thanks Lady, I'll advise her.

ladyhk13
01-15-2012, 09:48 PM

Hi WIP! Glad you are here finally! I approved you for the Ladies so stop by and feel free to post all of your questions. Our gals are great and I'm sure you will find we are all more than willing to help you in any way we can. Look forward to seeing you over there and here on the open forum as well.

Specter
01-20-2012, 04:58 PM
Hey All. I'm new to the site...and was referred here by my battle-buddy izzyscout21. I'm from South Georgia. I look forward to exploring the site, etc...

izzyscout21
01-20-2012, 05:08 PM
Specter,
Glad you finally came over to the dark side. Welcome aboard.

Watch this one folks............he's fiery, he mean,............and makes a hell of a souffle'..............

Sniper-T
01-20-2012, 05:13 PM
Welcome.

Any friend of Izzy's is bound to be a good addition!

eagle326
01-20-2012, 05:24 PM
Welcome Specter ; You'll find a great home here. The Ant colony is a close knit group in my eyes. Hope you stay with us. We can use the help keeping and eye on Izzy. ;)

bacpacker
01-20-2012, 05:48 PM
Welcome Spectre and all the others who have joined us recently. I'm glad your here with us.

izzyscout21
01-20-2012, 06:00 PM
Welcome Specter ; You'll find a great home here. The Ant colony is a close knit group in my eyes. Hope you stay with us. We can use the help keeping and eye on Izzy. ;)

I don't know. we may need to keep an eye on him.

I have personally seen him walk into a Burger King, walk behind the counter and assemble his own Whopper because they screwed it up twice.

Stg1swret
01-20-2012, 06:25 PM
Welcome to the board, you'll like it here.

RedJohn
01-20-2012, 07:00 PM
Just a welcome to everybody that came online since the last time I came here. Glad to have you here.

Taz Baby
01-20-2012, 08:40 PM

I have personally seen him walk into a Burger King, walk behind the counter and assemble his own Whopper because they screwed it up twice.

Probally because they made it McDonalds way. I have been know to do that in a steak house. When I say RARE I mean still mooing.

Btw welcome everyone

izzyscout21
01-20-2012, 08:46 PM
Probally because they made it McDonalds way. I have been know to do that in a steak house. When I say RARE I mean still mooing.

Btw welcome everyone

he was in culinary school at the time. They didn't know what to say to a guy wearing a chef's apron and hat. LOL

Evolver
01-20-2012, 11:04 PM

ROTFLMAO!!! Yeah he'll fit right in!

Welcome Specter.

Stormfeather
01-26-2012, 07:04 PM
Welcome in Specter, any battle of Izzys has got to have some good stories to share!!!

izzyscout21
01-27-2012, 01:27 PM
Welcome in Specter, any battle of Izzys has got to have some good stories to share!!!

I could tell you so many stories about Specter, it's rediculous. One day, we'll have to get him to tell you all about throwing his ex-wife's fish tank out a second story window. Priceless.

Sniper-T
01-27-2012, 03:32 PM
:eek:

priceless... did the fish think so too?

:rolleyes:

The Stig
01-27-2012, 03:36 PM
I could tell you so many stories about Specter, it's rediculous. One day, we'll have to get him to tell you all about throwing his ex-wife's fish tank out a second story window. Priceless.

Get him?

Hell, I order him to tell us. That sounds awesome.

Spike
01-28-2012, 09:18 PM
Hi folks. This is Dropy's fiancee checking in. Will post more later.

Dropy
01-28-2012, 09:24 PM
Spike is my sweetybear BRAT! Please get her access and stuff. Thanx.

The Stig
01-28-2012, 09:55 PM
Welcome aboard Spike. Glad to have you.

izzyscout21
01-28-2012, 10:11 PM
Welcome in, SPike. Glad to have you.

bacpacker
01-29-2012, 12:24 AM
Welcome Spike glad to have you in the group.

Taz Baby
01-29-2012, 12:41 AM
Welcome spike to a home away from home. You will truly love it here.

Bluebird
01-29-2012, 04:05 AM
Hi, I ran into this site by accident. Was excited to see it. I am a preparedness addict. I know I will learn a lot. Seems to me there is a lot of people on here with lots of good info.

Thanks for letting me come in. Bluebird

Sniper-T
01-29-2012, 05:50 AM
Welcome to both bluebird and spike. looking forward too what you have to offer!!!!!

ladyhk13
01-29-2012, 06:07 AM
Hi folks. This is Dropy's fiancee checking in. Will post more later.

Spike just a quick invite to the Ladies Forum! Hope to see you there....our gals are wonderful.

bacpacker
01-30-2012, 01:03 AM
Welcome Bluebird.

Dropy
01-30-2012, 02:02 AM
Spike just a quick invite to the Ladies Forum! Hope to see you there....our gals are wonderful.

Does i get an invite too?

=D

captainhippy
01-30-2012, 03:51 PM
I have been a prepper for a couple of years now. I am on a variety of forums, but just found this one through the application "tapatalk" for the iphone/ipad. This is probably soon to become one of my most read forums because I can access this site during my down time easily.

Good to find another forum to read :) Already skimmed the site, lots of great information.

izzyscout21
01-30-2012, 06:57 PM
welcome in, captain. Good to have you.

Taz Baby
01-31-2012, 12:53 AM
welcome aboard Captain

bacpacker
01-31-2012, 12:56 AM
Welcome Captain. Glad you found the site.

GunnerMax
01-31-2012, 10:39 AM
'ello cptn

RedJohn
01-31-2012, 11:27 AM
I have been a prepper for a couple of years now. I am on a variety of forums, but just found this one through the application "tapatalk" for the iphone/ipad. This is probably soon to become one of my most read forums because I can access this site during my down time easily.

Good to find another forum to read :) Already skimmed the site, lots of great information.

I am glad that the investment is not for nothing. We're a half dozen using it at this time.

Onestep
01-31-2012, 04:41 PM
Newbie to this site (but not others), recommended by Evolver.
My forte will be in gardening (more like farming the wife says now....you'll see why eventually), fishing and some hunting.

izzyscout21
01-31-2012, 04:47 PM
welcome in, onestep.

Taz Baby
01-31-2012, 11:07 PM
welcome one step. Nice to see you over here

smoker1
02-01-2012, 01:23 AM
Hello all, nice forum you have here. If I remember right I found the site back last fall by talking to a guy I was working with in Willard Ohio. Just run across my notes and now have it bookmarked for sure.
I'm from down in SW MO but when I'm working I'm liable to be about anywhere. Spent 34 years in concrete construction and a few years ago jumped into pipefitting/ammonia refrigeration/welders helper or just plain gopher sometimes. I've read some good things on here and hope I can contribute as well.
Thanks for letting me join.

mitunnelrat
02-01-2012, 01:25 AM
Again, I seem to come in here too little, and a bit late to the party. Welcome in everyone!

izzyscout21
02-01-2012, 05:46 AM
Welcome to the pary, SMoker.

Taz Baby
02-01-2012, 12:06 PM
welcome smoker

Evolver
02-03-2012, 04:04 AM
I am glad that the investment is not for nothing. We're a half dozen using it at this time.

Hey It's good to see ya Onestep!!! It's about time you signed up! You should ejoy it here... no BS (wink)

ladyhk13
02-03-2012, 04:11 AM
I have been very bad lately about keeping up with all of our new members and saying hello and welcome...sorry, sorry, sorry!!!! I hope you enjoy all we have to offer here, it's just a great place to be and you will see that we are more like a family than any other site. If any of you are women or have wives who are interested, we have a Ladies Forum that I would like to invite you (or them) to join.

izzyscout21
02-03-2012, 04:11 AM
Welcome to everyone that has joined since my last check in here!

Luvmycats
02-04-2012, 02:03 AM
Just popping in for a minute to say Hi Y'all!

We just began prepping this past Aug. Still working on a lot of things. Food storage is going well, garden in producing wonderfully and still growing. (size) Just built another bed today. We have 2 green houses and working on the 3rd.

Evolver
02-04-2012, 02:31 AM

We just began prepping this past Aug. Still working on a lot of things. Food storage is going well, garden in producing wonderfully and still growing. (size) Just built another bed today. We have 2 green houses and working on the 3rd.

Welcome from central east coast FL

Katrina
02-07-2012, 05:07 AM
Hi, came over from another site thru note in a em from lady hk from another site. Sorry lady if I had known about the January drive would have checked this site earlier. Started to seriously prep couple years ago. Am not nearly prepared,as most here but am plugging away as best I can.married 38 yrs to good guy but he doesn't think it will get so bad (shtf bad)But I'm working on him. Both sons are on board, their wives slowly coming around as well.Hope I can contribute where I can

bacpacker
02-07-2012, 11:55 PM
Welcome to all the new folks. Glad you all made it here.

The Stig
02-07-2012, 11:56 PM
Hi, came over from another site thru note in a em from lady hk from another site. Sorry lady if I had known about the January drive would have checked this site earlier. Started to seriously prep couple years ago. Am not nearly prepared,as most here but am plugging away as best I can.married 38 yrs to good guy but he doesn't think it will get so bad (shtf bad)But I'm working on him. Both sons are on board, their wives slowly coming around as well.Hope I can contribute where I can

Welcome aboard.....thanks for taking the time to check us out.

Please let us know what we can do to help and look forward to getting to know you.

Katrina
02-10-2012, 12:32 AM
Thanks everyone

izzyscout21
02-10-2012, 04:39 AM
welcome in Katrina

ladyhk13
02-12-2012, 12:19 AM

Hi luvmycats (luv your name!) I hope I didn't forget to invite you to our Ladies Forum...please feel free to join. I've been scatterbrained lately, sorry!

Bcgarrick
02-24-2012, 06:25 PM
New guy here from SC. Dropping in to introduce myself, recent college grad about to head to the police academy and will be working as a probation/parole agent. Hope to gain some knowledge here.

Stormfeather
02-24-2012, 06:34 PM
Welcome Bcgarrick, its always nice to see new fresh faces here! Hope you enjoy the site and if you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Taz Baby
02-24-2012, 07:27 PM
New guy here from SC. Dropping in to introduce myself, recent college grad about to head to the police academy and will be working as a probation/parole agent. Hope to gain some knowledge here.

Welcome to the colony.

Grumpy Old Man
02-24-2012, 09:35 PM
Haven't stopped by this thread in a while. So welcome Katrina and Bc and anyone else I've missed.

bacpacker
02-24-2012, 11:59 PM
Same here. I have seen several new names at the bottom of the forum page recently. Welcome to you all.

izzyscout21
02-25-2012, 04:30 AM
A BIG welcome to all the new members!!

IDTANDY
03-02-2012, 04:18 PM
From E.TX now, formerly from Fl.panhandle.Some here know me already(on line).

Sniper-T
03-02-2012, 04:23 PM
welcome!!

izzyscout21
03-02-2012, 06:13 PM
welcome in. We're all family here.

Taz Baby
03-02-2012, 07:45 PM
From E.TX now, formerly from Fl.panhandle.Some here know me already(on line).

Well what took you sooooo long? Nice to see you made it. You will fit right in here.

bacpacker
03-03-2012, 12:29 AM
Welcome IDT. Pull up a seat and enjoy.

Foulball
03-06-2012, 01:50 PM
Introducing.....Foulball !!!!!

Hiya guys and gals, new to the forum but not to preparing (living in Southern California, it helps during earthquakes, fires, floods & power outages).
I really like this site and it's wealth of experience and information.

Thanks all!

Sniper-T
03-06-2012, 02:03 PM
Welcome aboard. keep up with the posts. off to a great start!

Taz Baby
03-06-2012, 03:34 PM
welcome foulball

Grumpy Old Man
03-06-2012, 03:54 PM
Welcome to IDT and Foulball. Finally I have a fellow Southern Kommiefornicastani here!! WooHoo!! Grumpy

wingnutx
03-09-2012, 08:29 PM
Hi there.

I was referred here by The Stig on another board.

Me: 41, married, computer geek by trade, EMT as a hobby, reserve Seabee as my other hobby. Been prepping moderately for several years, and always looking for new things to learn.

The Stig
03-09-2012, 08:31 PM
Welcome aboard wingnutx.....glad you came to check us out.

Hope you find lots of useful information here.

izzyscout21
03-09-2012, 08:45 PM
welcome wingnutx!

Sniper-T
03-09-2012, 11:24 PM
welcome Wingnutx! looking forward to hearing about your preps

Taz Baby
03-09-2012, 11:27 PM
welcome to the colony wingnutx. Any friend of stigs gotta be good folk.

bacpacker
03-10-2012, 12:10 AM
Welcome Wingnuts and all the other new folks!

Kutter-0311
04-21-2012, 10:13 AM
Hello! I just remembered that I had yet to hit the intro thread, so here I am! I followed Izzy's link here from ZS and thought I should stick around and see what I can learn, and share things I've learned elsewhere. ZS has taught me quite a bit, and from what I can see so far, you all have some pretty broad experiences, too.

So, about me: 32y/o, husband, father, former USMC Infantry Rifleman, former CNC machinist, just burned up most of my GI Bill on Criminal Justice-Law Enforcement at the local Tech, and now looking for work. Looking forward to a warm summer, even a mild winter in WI is just too cold after being stationed in HI...

Taz Baby
04-21-2012, 01:15 PM
Welcome Kutter to the ant colony.

bacpacker
04-21-2012, 02:32 PM
Welcome kutter! Glad you made your way in. BTW thank you for your service.

Dropy
04-21-2012, 03:41 PM
welkums!!

Sniper-T
04-21-2012, 04:04 PM
Hey! Another close neighbour!! woohoo!!

Welcome aboard Kutter!

izzyscout21
04-21-2012, 10:31 PM
Welcome in Kutter. Glad to have you here.

mitunnelrat
04-21-2012, 10:53 PM
Once again, welcome!

Stormfeather
05-11-2012, 11:20 PM
Welcome to all the new folks who I havent had a chance to say it to!!

Jericho72
05-12-2012, 07:43 PM
Just wanted to drop in and say hello and that I am looking foreward to reading and contribuiting to this forum. I am new o prepping and I am hopeing to learn as much as possible from all you Thanks Stormfeather for refearing me to this site alot of good stuff to read.

The Stig
05-12-2012, 07:47 PM
Just wanted to drop in and say hello and that I am looking foreward to reading and contribuiting to this forum. I am new o prepping and I am hopeing to learn as much as possible from all you Thanks Stormfeather for refearing me to this site alot of good stuff to read.

Welcome aboard Jericho! Please let the staff know what we can do to make the experience a good one.

Looking forward to discussing prepping with you.

And many thanks to Stormfeather for the referral!

mitunnelrat
05-12-2012, 07:51 PM
Welcome, Jericho. We'll be glad to be of help.

Sniper-T
05-12-2012, 07:56 PM
Welcome aboard Jericho! Any friend of Stormy's is bound to be a goo addition here. enjoy your reading!

Taz Baby
05-12-2012, 08:16 PM
Welcome to the colony Jericho.

izzyscout21
05-12-2012, 08:31 PM
Welcome in Jericho!

Echo2
05-12-2012, 11:47 PM
Echo2 here.....As on many different forums.

Been prepping for years as a lifestyle......always looking to learn.....may have a bit of info to pass along too.

Any questions....please ask...looking forward to the conversations.

Echo2

piranha2
05-12-2012, 11:55 PM
Welcome to the colony.

The Stig
05-13-2012, 12:12 AM
Welcome in Echo. Glad to have you here.

Evolver
05-13-2012, 12:26 AM
A welcome to Jericho and Echo looking forward to see you on the boards.

mitunnelrat
05-13-2012, 01:02 AM
Welcome to the forum, Echo2. It just took a lot of restraint to keep my corny sense of humor in check... for now :D

Hope you like it here.

bacpacker
05-13-2012, 01:02 AM
Welcome aboard Jericho and Echo and any others I have failed to extend a welcome to. We are glad to have you all here.

ladyhk13
05-13-2012, 06:41 AM
Welcome to all!! Look forward to reading your posts and getting to know you.

Grumpy Old Man
05-14-2012, 04:50 PM
Welcome to the colony Jericho and Echo from the resident curmudgeon. Did I mention we have the Colony Saloon and Grill. There is a thread as well as a group. Drop in for food, beverages and good cheer!

Gearhead
05-16-2012, 03:46 AM
Hi guise, I suppose im under Izzy's wing for a bit here. I started shooting about 5 years ago. I shoot mainly pistols in the competitions in the area. though we do some 2 and 3 gun events as well. I like the attitude of this forum compared to that of others. Happy to be here.

ladyhk13
05-16-2012, 03:52 AM
^glad to see ya here Gearhead. Gotta watch out for Izzy...that dude is trouble!

bacpacker
05-16-2012, 09:55 AM
Welcome gear head. Glad your here.

izzyscout21
05-16-2012, 11:12 AM
Just for the record, Gearhead is under my protective wing for the time being. ANother minor we'll have to watch out for in the saloon. LOL

Truth be told, Gearhead is one of the most proficient shooters I've ever seen. As far as tactics, speed, accuracy, and technique, this kid can smoke any of us here on this forum. Watch out for this one!

Twitchy
05-16-2012, 12:53 PM
Wait wait wait wait.... you mean I have competition for the under 21 category in shooting now.... that is muy no bueno señor!

Welcome to the colony Gearhead! :D

Grumpy Old Man
05-16-2012, 06:05 PM
Gearhead, do yourself a favor-watch out for Lunchbox! He'll have all your gear needs and wants and then some, lol. Welcome to the Colony! Oh, and I do card down at the Saloon and Grill.

tompnoid
05-16-2012, 06:36 PM
hi i am tom rural pennsylvania i am avid fisherman and outdoors man i seen this the other day while i was bored lookin through some things and dug the posts especially grumpy old mans about fishing as soon as i figure out how to post pics ill put my fish up. i hope to be able to contribute as well as ask questions about learning to be more self efficient.

Sniper-T
05-16-2012, 06:40 PM
Welcome aboard Tom.. See Grumps, you old people are still good for something!

http://i605.photobucket.com/albums/tt140/Sniper-T/nest.gif

The Stig
05-16-2012, 06:55 PM
hi i am tom rural pennsylvania i am avid fisherman and outdoors man i seen this the other day while i was bored lookin through some things and dug the posts especially grumpy old mans about fishing as soon as i figure out how to post pics ill put my fish up. i hope to be able to contribute as well as ask questions about learning to be more self efficient.

Tom - sure glad you found us. Dive right in. We look forward to getting to know ya.

Gearhead
05-16-2012, 07:32 PM
Gearhead, do yourself a favor-watch out for Lunchbox! He'll have all your gear needs and wants and then some, lol. Welcome to the Colony! Oh, and I do card down at the Saloon and Grill.

Aww man, can I at least bring my own?

Welcome, Tom!
Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

The Stig
05-16-2012, 08:00 PM
Hi guise, I suppose im under Izzy's wing for a bit here. I started shooting about 5 years ago. I shoot mainly pistols in the competitions in the area. though we do some 2 and 3 gun events as well. I like the attitude of this forum compared to that of others. Happy to be here.

Welcome aboard. Glad to have you and look forward to getting to know you.

Grumpy Old Man
05-16-2012, 08:11 PM
Welcome aboard Tom.. See Grumps, you old people are still good for something!

http://i605.photobucket.com/albums/tt140/Sniper-T/nest.gif

Thanks Sniper! Now have you started working on my bumper idea. I've got a nice tabby waiting for you.;)

bacpacker
05-16-2012, 08:25 PM
Welcome Tom. Glad you made it. look forward to talkin to you.

GH don't let Grumpy mess with you too much. Actually he spends most of his time messin with Sniper.
:)

Grumpy Old Man
05-16-2012, 09:48 PM
Come on BP. I gotta have a little fun. Besides, Sniper's humor and mine parallel each other.

Grumpy Old Man
05-16-2012, 09:49 PM
Welcome Tom! Glad to meet you up in the Saloon. Looking forward to your input in the fishing thread.

izzyscout21
05-16-2012, 09:53 PM
Wait wait wait wait.... you mean I have competition for the under 21 category in shooting now.... that is muy no bueno señor!

Welcome to the colony Gearhead! :D

no offense vert, but Gearhead will SLAUGHTER you in a competition. Hell, I cant even hang with him any more.

tompnoid
05-16-2012, 10:12 PM
Welcome Tom! Glad to meet you up in the Saloon. Looking forward to your input in the fishing thread.

most definately looking forward to hearing from you in the fishing threads most of what i know came from a old southern guy who taught me what i know hopefully i can contribute to yall

Gearhead
05-16-2012, 10:24 PM
Haha, thanks guys. Izzy might be exaggerating a bit.

izzyscout21
05-16-2012, 11:00 PM
Haha, thanks guys. Izzy might be exaggerating a bit.

not at all. You absolutely smoked my ass that last IDPA match.

Stormfeather
05-19-2012, 08:06 AM

Thats the trouble with those designated marksmen guys,. . . they dont understand the need to shoot & move! All they want to do is sit back and shoot shit at 800 yards and drink beer! :)

ladyhk13
05-19-2012, 02:56 PM
Welcome guys and please don't let Izzy and Stormfeather fill ya with a bunch of bs while you are here! You know about all of those old fishing stories...."and it were this big..."

Twitchy
05-20-2012, 09:22 PM
no offense vert, but Gearhead will SLAUGHTER you in a competition. Hell, I cant even hang with him any more.

Bah... We will settle this one day at the SE US M&G!

Welcome guys and please don't let Izzy and Stormfeather fill ya with a bunch of bs while you are here! You know about all of those old fishing stories...."and it were this big..."

I swear the fish I caught over the weekend was!!!!! I'm not lieing!!!!

ladyhk13
05-23-2012, 05:39 PM
Bah... We will settle this one day at the SE US M&G!

I swear the fish I caught over the weekend was!!!!! I'm not lieing!!!!

Uh huh.......right....I know, it's your story......:)

izzyscout21
05-25-2012, 03:56 PM

Thats the trouble with those designated marksmen guys,. . . they dont understand the need to shoot & move! All they want to do is sit back and shoot shit at 800 yards and drink beer! :)

Aw come on now, Stormy.....

While I do prefer to make the 800 yard beer drinking shots, I can still get down n dirty up close....

Foulball
05-28-2012, 05:15 PM
Welcome to all the new members. Enjoy yourselves!

Taz Baby
05-28-2012, 08:16 PM
Welcome to all the newbies that are here that I have missed. Haven't been on for a spell. Been busier than a one armed man in a beer drinking contest here.

bacpacker
05-29-2012, 12:12 AM
Welcome to the new folks. I've seen a few new names on here the last couple days. Glad your here and can't wait to have a discussion.

CommanderKey
05-29-2012, 10:02 PM
Hello Everyone. I'm known as Commander Key as the user name suggests. I am a convoy leader, ROTC cadet, and a poet. Pleasure to meet you all.

Commander of convoy:966243

Twitchy
05-29-2012, 10:55 PM
Welcome Commander!

Evolver
05-29-2012, 11:37 PM
Welcome to the colony and looking forward to see who the new ants are!

Sniper-T
05-30-2012, 12:23 AM
Welcome all, some great early posts. looking forward to your contributions.

This site just keeps getting better and better!

Grumpy Old Man
05-30-2012, 08:46 PM
I'm back from the land of Elk and Honey, so I stopped in here to welcome all the new ants. Do stop in at the Colony Saloon and Grill.

towm8er
05-31-2012, 07:28 AM
Greatings every one my namebis justen i live in california and have ben into preping and survuval for 8 years im a tow truck operaitor with 3 years in the industry under my belt. I reasently got laid off and now cosidering going into trucking for a while befor trying my hand at towing. im married and have a 6year old son. And fair warning my spelling is not the best and im sorry ahead of time

RedJohn
05-31-2012, 08:39 AM
Welcome to all new members that I have not greeted personally already.

The Stig
05-31-2012, 10:22 PM
Hello to the folks who have joined us recently. Thanks for coming on board and checking us out.

Highstrung
06-09-2012, 09:16 PM
Hello Preppers.

I'm Highstrung both in name and nature. I'm a whopping 25 years old and have been married for seven years to Mrs. Highstrung. We've have a highstrung two year old and a very highstrung baby in Mrs. Highstrung's belly that just won't come out till January. I'm an electrician at a major steel corporation. I got that job mainly because I served in the Navy for six years as an electrician on board the USS George Washington, three of which were in Yokosuka, Japan. We live in the Memphis area now and that's where Mr. Highstrung became Mr. Very Highstrung. We didn't exactly find any oases right away. We got our healthy dose of fear served to us by the local populace who find it amusing to take by force what they want, be it physical items, sexual intercourse or your very life. After three years in Japan with the most subdued and generally polite people I think I'll ever meet, watching the news here was like a slap in the face.

And so, being a good husband and father, I worried about my family. We are over nine hours from the nearest family and have yet to make any close ties here. I bought a pistol and got my CCW. I've been teaching myself about personal defense in everyway I can think of. After a while though, another idea began to consume me. 'What will these people do if something big happened?' Be it a loss of power due to a storm or an economic collapse, I think I'm safe in assuming that they'll do 'whatever they want.' So, I started buying some food and making plans to get out of apartment living. I now own a house and although it is in subdivision, it's outside the city in a safe little town. I've always been an avid backpacker and practice primitive survival skills often. My goal now is to prepare to bug in and build a makeshift fortress when the SHTF. I've got no one to turn to and the idea of 'planning' to travel nine hours is just stupid. We plan to stay quiet always and dark at night.

Now we'll stock up on firewood and food, diapers and medicine. I'll keep enough lumber to board up the doors and black out the windows. We have a garden we keep up. Not much, but it'll be nice to have. I'm setting up a rain catchment system. As far as security goes, I just pitty anyone who tries to take us on.

If anyone is in the area and would like to network a little, feel free to drop me a PM, even if we never meet. It'd just be nice to bounce ideas around with someone in the area. Escape routes and stores to buy prepping items would be among the first few questions.

Nice to be here. Hope to learn a lot.

bacpacker
06-10-2012, 12:06 AM
Welcome to the forum HS. Glad you made it here. I'm pretty much across the state from you but feel free to bounce away.

I think you made a great call on getting out of the city. From what i hear Memphis is pretty rough. We used to live in Louisvill Ky and i would compare them closely. The rest of your plan sounds like your off to a good start on the other essentials as well. Take a good long look at your water situation both storage and ability to gather and filter. To me that has always been my top priority.

Thank you for your service BTW.

ladyhk13
06-10-2012, 04:40 AM
Welcome HS. Sorry to hear you ended up over near Memphis. Like Bp we are further east in the state (actually central TN) and made sure that we stayed our of the Memphis VA system (both prior military) when chosing our properties. I would guess if shtf you would be looking at a situation like New Orleans when Katrina hit, not a pretty sight. There is a lot of great info here and wonderful people to help you with your prepping questions....welcome to The Colony!

Evolver
06-10-2012, 12:30 PM
Welcome to the board.

izzyscout21
06-10-2012, 12:39 PM
Welcome in Highstrung. I'm on the other side of Nashvegas, but if you ever need anything, give me a shout. My wife is from Memphis, so I know all about your concerns.

There's a fairly high concentration of folks from the site scattered throughout the state. Settle in and make yourself at home.

Katrina
06-16-2012, 04:17 AM
Welcome to you and Mrs HS and family. Have her get on the ladies forum

GunnerMax
06-16-2012, 08:04 AM
Welcome abord former EM

GM2(EXW/SW/PSU) here

Sniper-T
06-16-2012, 10:45 PM
Welcome!

izzyscout21
06-16-2012, 11:15 PM
If I've missed you, I apologize. Welcome again to all the new folks!!

Taz Baby
06-17-2012, 07:16 PM
Welcome to the colony to all the new comers. Haven't been here lately. But I do want to welcome you.

Doc Torr
06-19-2012, 07:23 AM
Okay then, howdy. My friends call me Doc, although I'm actually an Infantry Marine. I followed Kutter-0311 here, so blame him.

About me: I got into prepping by force, since I moved to Florida in highschool and weathered a long series of hurricanes. Then I saw Katrina and realized that those survivalists were on to something, except for the part where they always ended up alone in a bunker at the end of the movie. Fast forward to '07 when I enlisted, started meeting more like-minded individuals. Then I happened upon the Zombie Squad and the transformation was complete. ZS was great, but I'm always looking for more community and more information, which lead me to Bushcraft USA and now here.

Anyhow, I'm in Afghanistan for one last tour with the 'Corps before I EAS and move back to Florida for school. While I was in, I went out of my way to learn everything that the corpsman could teach me. I learned the hard way last go 'round that I'm pretty good at dealing with trauma, so the plan is to try for a nursing degree. It seems like medical skills are the hardest to learn as a civilian, and it's not a bad job either.

Anyway, I look forward to sharing and learning, although I have a feeling that I'll be doing more learning. Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Sniper-T
06-19-2012, 10:22 AM
Welcome Doc, Stay Safe, and good luck with your studies!

Welcome to all others I may have missed

The Stig
06-19-2012, 11:52 AM
Doc.....welcome aboard.

Thanks for spending time with us.....we are honored to have you aboard.

izzyscout21
06-19-2012, 07:00 PM
Doc, welcome. Glad to have another pipe-hitter around these parts.

ladyhk13
06-19-2012, 07:12 PM
Welcome Doc! Be safe over there and get your butt home in one piece. Another FL person here, transplanted now to TN but sure do miss the beaches.

bacpacker
06-19-2012, 09:19 PM
Welcome in Doc. Glad to have you here. You've already had some good post, keep it up. Be safe and a HUGE thank you for your service.

Twitchy
06-20-2012, 08:55 AM
Hey Doc, welcome to our own slice of the internet we call home :) Thanks for your service, and welcome from another Floridian! Stay safe out in the sandbox now, you hear!

Taz Baby
06-20-2012, 11:41 AM
Welcome Doc. From south Fla. But in the hills and livin the Shtf style now. Keep your head down and butt intac and come home safe.

Kutter-0311
07-01-2012, 10:11 AM
Glad you were able to stop by, Doc! I know you were having some connection problems, I see you managed to get it worked out, enough. I haven't been around much in the last few weeks, things are kinda crazy.

carolinasurvivalist
07-03-2012, 09:19 PM
New guy from South Carolina here. Been lurking for a while so I figured it time to join up. Glad to be here and have picked up quite a few things already. Look forward to contributing in any way I can.

bacpacker
07-03-2012, 09:26 PM
Welcome CS glad you joined up. Look forward to talkin with you in the future.

mitunnelrat
07-03-2012, 09:29 PM
Welcome Doc and CS,

The Stig
07-05-2012, 10:32 PM
Welcome aboard CS.

Looking forward to getting to know you.

doctorrich
07-11-2012, 02:47 PM
Good morning, everyone!

I was referred here by izzyscout... I'm doctorrich on Lightfighter and USN and here now.

I'm a veterinarian and US Army Officer in the Veterinary Corps as my PT gig. I'm an avid collector of watches, Buckaroo Banzai stuff, Apple computers, and used to have a truly tremendous collection of international camouflage uniforms until I hit a midlife crisis and sold all of it to pay for my Jeep and ACU stuff for the Army.

Happy to be here, and thanks izzyscout :)

Rich

bacpacker
07-11-2012, 05:35 PM
Glad you made it here Dr and all the other new folks to the site. Drag a log up to the fire and join in.

Stormfeather
07-11-2012, 06:44 PM
Big welcomes to DocRich & Doc Torr & CS. welcome aboard guys from a former jarhead & now current army dog! Always nice to have bigger brainpans around!

ladyhk13
07-11-2012, 11:33 PM
Good morning, everyone!

I was referred here by izzyscout... I'm doctorrich on Lightfighter and USN and here now.

I'm a veterinarian and US Army Officer in the Veterinary Corps as my PT gig. I'm an avid collector of watches, Buckaroo Banzai stuff, Apple computers, and used to have a truly tremendous collection of international camouflage uniforms until I hit a midlife crisis and sold all of it to pay for my Jeep and ACU stuff for the Army.

Rich

Oh man, would you get along with my son. He's only 22 but if you sold your cammies online I bet he bought some of them. He's also a computer geek. Found an origional Apple 64 (Is that what they are called? The very first one out?) in my mom's attic when she bought her house and he took it home with him. don't think he'll ever let it go. Such a pack rat..but he collects lighters. lol
Oh yeah, welcome by the way. Go Army...be all you can be! btdt.

The Stig
07-12-2012, 01:07 AM
Good morning, everyone!

Rich

Doctorrich - always love reading your posts on LF.

Glad you found your way over here. Thank you for your service and hope you'll find some useful information here.

Stig

Willie51
08-19-2012, 04:26 PM
Hello all and glad to be here. I was invited here by JustaPrepper who is a fellow Floridian. I do see some other familiar faces.

We have been prepping somewhat since 911, but got really serious about 3 years ago. Growing up in Georgia, my family was self reliant for the most part as we grew most of our food and raised our own meats (beef, pork, and chicken). I am a father of 3 with 3 grandchildren. I love the outdoors, fishing, scuba, and traveling.

Looking forward to learning and sharing and being part of the community here.

Taz Baby
08-19-2012, 04:41 PM
Welcome to all the newbies since the last time I was here. Been busier than a one legged cat in a dog fight lately. Seems like when I get a free moment I am sleeping.

Evolver
08-19-2012, 05:05 PM
Hello all and glad to be here. I was invited here by JustaPrepper who is a fellow Floridian. I do see some other familiar faces.

We have been prepping somewhat since 911, but got really serious about 3 years ago. Growing up in Georgia, my family was self reliant for the most part as we grew most of our food and raised our own meats (beef, pork, and chicken). I am a father of 3 with 3 grandchildren. I love the outdoors, fishing, scuba, and traveling.

Looking forward to learning and sharing and being part of the community here.

Welcome to the colony! :)

Willie51
08-19-2012, 05:33 PM
Welcome to the colony! :)

Thank you my friend. Hope we can meet up with you and Justa sometime soon. :)

Gearhead
08-19-2012, 06:51 PM
Welcome yo the party, man!

Sent from my BRODEVICE using MobileBro2

bacpacker
08-19-2012, 07:02 PM
Welcome in Willie and all the other new folks. We are glad your here with us.

Evolver
08-19-2012, 08:26 PM
Thank you my friend. Hope we can meet up with you and Justa sometime soon. :)

Yeah I've been thinking about putting together a M&G BBQ for us Floridians after it cools off some.

Willie51
08-19-2012, 11:56 PM
Yeah I've been thinking about putting together a M&G BBQ for us Floridians after it cools off some.

Sounds great, just let us know. :)

Sniper-T
08-20-2012, 10:56 AM
Welcome Willie! Any friend of Justa's is bound to be a welcome addition around here.

4suchatimeasthis
08-26-2012, 05:43 AM
Hey guys! It's good to be here, and see some familiar names! I kinda went AWOL from the whole prepper/survivalist online forum thing for a while. If any of ya'll remember me from, uh, another site, since then I have MOVED TO THE COUNTRY (thank you kind, and merciful Lord), remarried (to a firefighter/emt/eagle scout, and on top all of that he is cute too!), had a baby (that makes 3 girls, I am so screwed!), and been working on remodeling this house/farm.

Main things about me, I grew up on a farm, and have been trying to get back to "this" life for the last 10 yrs. I love farming, gardening, canning, sewing, reading, and sitting on the porch steps with my hard-working hubby after a long day, enjoying a glass of iced tea and watching the kids chase the dog. Life is good. Prepping is going to make sure it stays as good as it can, for as long as it can! I look forward to learning lots, contributing what I can, and having some fun in the mean time :)

izzyscout21
08-26-2012, 12:29 PM
Hey guys! It's good to be here, and see some familiar names! I kinda went AWOL from the whole prepper/survivalist online forum thing for a while. If any of ya'll remember me from, uh, another site, since then I have MOVED TO THE COUNTRY (thank you kind, and merciful Lord), remarried (to a firefighter/emt/eagle scout, and on top all of that he is cute too!), had a baby (that makes 3 girls, I am so screwed!), and been working on remodeling this house/farm.

Main things about me, I grew up on a farm, and have been trying to get back to "this" life for the last 10 yrs. I love farming, gardening, canning, sewing, reading, and sitting on the porch steps with my hard-working hubby after a long day, enjoying a glass of iced tea and watching the kids chase the dog. Life is good. Prepping is going to make sure it stays as good as it can, for as long as it can! I look forward to learning lots, contributing what I can, and having some fun in the mean time :)

Hey 4Such!!

Long time, no see. :( Good to have you here!

Sniper-T
08-26-2012, 02:21 PM
Welcome 4such. sounds like we have a lot we can learn from you. livin' the life!

bacpacker
08-26-2012, 03:26 PM
Hello 4 its been a long time. Glad you joined up.

ladyhk13
08-27-2012, 12:13 AM

Before I forget, also we have a Tennessee group you might be interested in joining.

4suchatimeasthis
08-27-2012, 02:04 AM
Where might I find this Tennessee group? I would be very interested in joining! :)

izzyscout21
08-27-2012, 02:14 AM
invite sent

4suchatimeasthis
08-27-2012, 02:44 AM
Thanks!

Brownwater Riverrat 13
08-27-2012, 02:52 AM
Welcome Aboard, I'm sure you're getting caught up as we speak. We are having a "Grip-n-Grin" and you're invited! SAA-LUTE! Bring the Family it's a must.....

Be safe..............the night is your friend.

prepguide
09-20-2012, 03:36 PM
Hello all, wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I was over at the other site but stepped away from it. Want to thank 4suchatimeasthis for letting me know about this place. I am a preparedness consultant living in Oklahoma. I am former military and law enforcement. I spent four years in the fire service along the way earning my EMT-I as I went. I had a book on preparedness published earlier this year and as part of my consulting business I organize and host Preparedness Expo's in the Oklahoma City area. I've been in the lifestyle for almost twenty years now. Looking forward to getting to know folks here. Stay safe.

Sniper-T
09-20-2012, 03:39 PM
Welcome aboard Prepguide! Sounds like you will have a lot to offer. I just hope that we can reciprocate.

The Stig
09-20-2012, 04:30 PM
Hello all, wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I was over at the other site but stepped away from it. Want to thank 4suchatimeasthis for letting me know about this place. I am a preparedness consultant living in Oklahoma. I am former military and law enforcement. I spent four years in the fire service along the way earning my EMT-I as I went. I had a book on preparedness published earlier this year and as part of my consulting business I organize and host Preparedness Expo's in the Oklahoma City area. I've been in the lifestyle for almost twenty years now. Looking forward to getting to know folks here. Stay safe.

Glad you found your way here. Please let us know if there is anything the staff can do to make it a pleasant stay at the colony.

bacpacker
09-20-2012, 04:40 PM
Welcome prepguide. I'm looking forward to what you have to share with uz. I hope you find some stuff here that helps out as well.

4suchatimeasthis
09-20-2012, 05:52 PM
Glad you made it, Prepguide!

Evolver
09-20-2012, 08:57 PM
Welcome aboard 4 and Pg from FL.

eagle326
09-20-2012, 09:08 PM
Welcome Prepguide ; Slide on in and stop by the Colony Saloon and pick up your challenge coin.

Taz Baby
09-20-2012, 11:05 PM
Welcome Prepguide. Looking forward to learning from what you have to offer and hope you learn some from us too. This ant colony is awesome

ladyhk13
09-21-2012, 06:43 AM
Welcome and welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Songbird
10-05-2012, 02:47 AM
This is Songbird....DW to Willie51 for 27 years! I have never participated in a forum before, but I hope to learn from the women in the group as to a variety of prepping issues. I look forward to meeting everyone.

ladyhk13
10-05-2012, 02:59 AM
Hi Songbird! So glad you finally made it here!! I have done your approval so look forward to seeing you on the Ladies Forum. Welcome.

izzyscout21
10-05-2012, 05:01 AM
Welcome aboard, Songbird!

4suchatimeasthis
10-05-2012, 05:15 AM
Welcome Songbird! Hurray, another woman!!!!! Hope to see you over on the Ladies forum. :)

bacpacker
10-05-2012, 10:07 AM
Welcome Songbird. Glad you joined up.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
10-05-2012, 12:37 PM
Hey welcome aboard Songbird! Fellow cave diver and adventurer. I'm sure you will meet lots of new friends and learn great many things here. And stuff................

eagle326
10-05-2012, 02:04 PM
Welcome Songbird ; I believe you're going like it here. Lots of good advice from this group and good hearted ribbing at times. Settle in ; unpack and when you feel rested head over to the Saloon and pick up your challenge coin. Drinks are on the house for you and friends. I'm sure Sniper will be more than glad to bar tend for you ladies and regal you with his stories.

Taz Baby
10-05-2012, 02:43 PM
Welcome to the ant family songbird. Nice to see another woman on board. Can't wait to learn some stuff from you. There are a lot of good people here and we all help each other.

FL-Jeeper
10-06-2012, 02:12 AM
Howdy! I've been lurking for a few months & while I've been making inroads to preparedness for a year or two now, some of y'all put me to shame. Thanks for havin me, hopefully I can contribute as much as I glean.

Rock out.

ladyhk13
10-06-2012, 02:33 AM
Welcome Fl-Jeeper! Glad you finally stopped lurking and became a member. After all, it's not nice to spy on people :)

Willie51
10-06-2012, 04:33 AM
Howdy! I've been lurking for a few months & while I've been making inroads to preparedness for a year or two now, some of y'all put me to shame. Thanks for havin me, hopefully I can contribute as much as I glean.

Rock out.

Welcome Fl-Jeeper. Glad you're here. Great folks and a great place to be.

bacpacker
10-06-2012, 02:01 PM
Welcome in Jeeper. Glad you made the dive. in with us.

Songbird
10-06-2012, 04:32 PM
Thanks to everyone for the kind welcome! It is going to take me awhile to figure out how to maneuver around this site, and figure out what is here and where to find it! There seems to be a wealth of information in this group, and it is very much appreciated when people share their knowledge and experience to help others.

Evolver
10-06-2012, 11:42 PM
Thanks to everyone for the kind welcome! It is going to take me awhile to figure out how to maneuver around this site, and figure out what is here and where to find it! There seems to be a wealth of information in this group, and it is very much appreciated when people share their knowledge and experience to help others.

Welcome to the site Songbird from a fellow Floridian and it's nice to have another husband and wife team on the board.

ladyhk13
10-07-2012, 12:17 AM
Evolover you are right...this is probably the first site where I have seen so many couples which is wonderful!

Buddychrist
10-07-2012, 10:13 AM
Hey everyone just stopping by to say hey. I am a 22 year old disabled firefighter from Gainesville Florida ready to learn new survival gear and tactics!

I already posted my introduction in the town hall but I figured I should follow everyone into here and make a good impression!

Happy hunting!

Taz Baby
10-07-2012, 01:31 PM
Welcome to the ant family Buddy. Pull up a log and sit a spell.

mitunnelrat
10-07-2012, 07:58 PM
Welcome everyone, I've been lax (again) at checking this regularly, but its awesome to see several newcomers.

Let us know if you need anything.

Psi
10-07-2012, 08:11 PM
Howdy! From the middle of the Big Belt Mountains of Montana.

Evolver
10-07-2012, 08:17 PM
Welcome aboard PSI from a transplanted mountain dweller (Utah) to a flat lander (Fl). Pull up a chair and settle in.

Grumpy Old Man
10-07-2012, 08:25 PM
Welcome to the Colony Buddy and Psi!

mitunnelrat
10-07-2012, 08:35 PM
Hello and welcome PSI

Taz Baby
10-07-2012, 11:29 PM
Welcome to the colony PSI

bacpacker
10-09-2012, 12:54 AM
Welcome in to all the new folks. Glad to see you all jump in and start posting. I'm looking forward to what you all have to add.

RedJohn
10-09-2012, 06:41 AM
Howdy! From the middle of the Big Belt Mountains of Montana.

Montana, my dream come thru. This is so the place I want to be.

Sniper-T
10-09-2012, 03:54 PM
A few new names since I checked in here last... A hearty Welcome to all!

Jimmy24
10-10-2012, 06:07 AM
I hope this is the proper place to put this.

Just a bit about myself.

Been prepping, a survivalist or whatever you want to call it since 1973. Oil embargo got my attention at the ripe old age of 20. Many years later after a combination of careers, I'm still at it, though a bit different now.

Have a BOL, with large garden (150x120), chickens, and hogs from time to time. Pecan trees, blueberry, fig, peach and scuppernong vines. Minor solar, well, one VERY small wind charger. Trying to live the good life and be ready for whatever happens. I live in the Deep South. Have dealt with hurricanes since Camille, including Katrina. I hunt, fish and am trying to learn more about natural meds. Do have some health issues, but I just deal with them and hope I can keep up, if the time comes.

Anyway I belong to a few other forums, prepper type, woodworking (hobby/passion) gun.

Hope to learn more and new things here. Looks like a good place to be.

Jimmy

Buddychrist
10-10-2012, 06:37 AM
Welcome to the Ant Colony Jimmy!!!

RedJohn
10-10-2012, 08:40 AM
Glad to see you here Jimmy. Same goes for all the ants I have not greeted personally.

The Stig
10-10-2012, 10:00 AM
I hope this is the proper place to put this.

Just a bit about myself.

Been prepping, a survivalist or whatever you want to call it since 1973. Oil embargo got my attention at the ripe old age of 20. Many years later after a combination of careers, I'm still at it, though a bit different now.

Have a BOL, with large garden (150x120), chickens, and hogs from time to time. Pecan trees, blueberry, fig, peach and scuppernong vines. Minor solar, well, one VERY small wind charger. Trying to live the good life and be ready for whatever happens. I live in the Deep South. Have dealt with hurricanes since Camille, including Katrina. I hunt, fish and am trying to learn more about natural meds. Do have some health issues, but I just deal with them and hope I can keep up, if the time comes.

Anyway I belong to a few other forums, prepper type, woodworking (hobby/passion) gun.

Hope to learn more and new things here. Looks like a good place to be.

Jimmy

From another member who's in a Camille/Katrina prone area welcome aboard.

bacpacker
10-10-2012, 10:16 AM
Welcome Jimmy.

Sniper-T
10-10-2012, 10:37 AM
Welcome Jimmy!

Taz Baby
10-10-2012, 03:46 PM
Welcome Jimmy. Was raised in the deep south where it seems everyone is taught to prep from childhood.

robsdak
10-11-2012, 10:01 PM
sorry guys, i missed this thread. i joined a while ago, but never posted. health reasons. i used to be very active outdoors, fishing, hiking ect. then i got hurt at work and was out 2 1/2yrs. during that time i got a chest cold and got a viral infection in my heart. which has totally stopped my outdoor activities until the weather cools off. so now i am disabled and spend my time doing paracord things. looking forward to hanging out and being part of the family.

Taz Baby
10-11-2012, 10:36 PM
Welcome Robsdak glad to have ya here.