PDA

View Full Version : Welcome new members! Introduce yourselves here

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

ladyhk13
10-12-2012, 12:58 AM
Welcom robsdak-sorry you have been so ill, but sounds like a great hobby came out of it!

shoeglue
10-25-2012, 05:35 PM
Well,
Howdy from West Georgia! I'm a 24 EMT that was impressed w/ this board. Seem as if you have gotten a pretty nice little community going on here and hopefully yall will have me. Im a member/lurker on several other sites, and hopefully I can contribute to the conversation.

izzyscout21
10-25-2012, 06:00 PM
welcome in shoeglue. No need to be a lurker here. Jump right in!

bacpacker
10-26-2012, 12:52 AM
Welcome in SG and all the other new folks. Glad to have you on board.

ladyhk13
10-26-2012, 04:17 AM
Welcome Shoeglue! Nice to have ya here. Are you in NW GA by chance?

Brownwater Riverrat 13
10-26-2012, 05:02 AM
"Welcome Aboard" Shoeglue dare I ask.......you'll find yourself right at home here........or you won't. We are a unique bunch, or maybe that's just me but these people are the best and that's why I'm here. To meet up with, learn, train, teach and just have a good time preppin while we're at it.
Again, Welcome.............hope you like it here.

Jimmy24
10-26-2012, 06:39 AM
Welcome Shoeglue! I'm a newbie here too, but like they said jump right in!

Jimmy

shoeglue
10-26-2012, 11:51 AM
Welcome Shoeglue! Nice to have ya here. Are you in NW GA by chance?

Actually, Mid-West. Think Carroll county area.

"Welcome Aboard" Shoeglue dare I ask.......you'll find yourself right at home here........or you won't. We are a unique bunch, or maybe that's just me but these people are the best and that's why I'm here. To meet up with, learn, train, teach and just have a good time preppin while we're at it.
Again, Welcome.............hope you like it here.

LOL, it's just a name I've had for quite awhile. I do have alot of friends from games I play and shoeglue has been my handle for several years now, before that it was PersonalCrusade (which honestly I like better) But at the time of starting shoeglue I was looking for a new handle and happened to be gluing the sole of my favorite shoe back on and thought "Hell, shoeglue is unique enough." lol

Thanks for all the friendly welcomes from everyone else, I really appreciate it!

Sniper-T
10-26-2012, 12:22 PM
Welcome SG! No need to lurk here, jump in with both feet, and you'll stick!

lol

prepguide
10-26-2012, 03:10 PM
SG and other new folks, relatively new here myself but this is a good (!!) place to be. Welcome aboard!

Evolver
10-26-2012, 08:19 PM
Welcome to the site Shoeglue and I'm looking forward to see you on the boards.

BR101
11-03-2012, 04:17 AM
Hello,

I am from the York County area. I lurked on this site for a few days and finally got around to signing up. I run Blade Reviews 101 (http://bladereviews101.blogspot.com). It has been a project of mine that I started back a few months ago. Since I always got new gear I figure it would be beneficial to others if I went ahead and started reviewing it for others to read. While lurking on the forums I came across a mini wealth of knowledge.

Anyhow just wanted to say HI,

izzyscout21
11-03-2012, 01:25 PM
BR101,

welcome to the colony.

looking forward to hangin out with you.

Izzy

Evolver
11-03-2012, 02:21 PM
Welcome aboard BR101. :)

bacpacker
11-04-2012, 12:05 AM
Welcome in BR. I'll have to check out your site. Sounds interesting.

Willie51
11-04-2012, 01:38 AM
Welcome to the site BR101. Glad you're here.

The Stig
11-04-2012, 11:32 PM
Welcome aboard to all our new ants. Glad to have you here and really appreciate you spending time with us.

Grumpy Old Man
11-06-2012, 04:15 PM
I haven't stopped in here for a while, so I just wanted to welcome all the new ants since my last time. Welcome aboard Shoeglue and BR.

Strykar
11-07-2012, 01:46 AM
Heya,

Found the forum through tapatalk. Prepping has always been an interest of mine though admittedly I'm woefully far behind at the moment. I'm a CF member with nine years in and two runs through Afghanistan under my belt. Looking forward to reading and picking up some advise here. Hard to know where to begin!

bacpacker
11-07-2012, 02:05 AM
Welcome to the board Strykar

agv1700
11-07-2012, 08:10 PM
Hello to everybody, new guy to the forum from Texas. Military, 10 yrs active and counting. Not a hardcore survivalist, although the subject has always been of great interest to me. But i still maintain my house, a go bag, and my truck in as much of a constant state of readiness as I can think of. I am definitely looking forward to learning some new things and sharing some ideas with likeminded people.

"Speed, Surprise, and Violence of Action"
-agv1700

izzyscout21
11-07-2012, 08:14 PM
Welcome, AVG! Nice to have another pipe hitter around here.

bacpacker
11-07-2012, 09:11 PM
Welcome AVG. Glad to have you on board.

Buddychrist
11-08-2012, 06:40 AM
Welcome AGV I promise we aren't all dyslexic!!! Haha! JK JK

You'll love it here, great people, great ideas, and crazy antics are sure to occur often!

FL-Jeeper
11-08-2012, 11:22 AM
Howdee!!

Brownwater Riverrat 13
11-08-2012, 12:42 PM
Hoo-Yah! and welcome aboard. I'm sure you'll fit right in around here. Just jump on in, the water's fine, I take that back. It did just get muddied up but that's a topic I won't get into (politics) however it's one of the things that fuels this boat....................keeps everyone motivated.

eagle326
11-08-2012, 02:30 PM
Haven't been here for awhile but wanted to drop in and give a hearty Airborne welcome to all new members. As B.R.R. said jump right on in and enjoy your stay here. We have many knowledgeable ants here who enjoy helping .

Metrocruiser
11-09-2012, 04:30 AM
Hello to everyone and thanks in advance for your help. I hope to learn alot here and be around long enough to give back.

Please forgive me for my soon to be posted dumb questions.

I have been thinking about this stuff for years but dont have anyone to.talk to in my rl circles.
Dont.know if.my thoughts are feasible or fire fuel.

Have a great day

bacpacker
11-09-2012, 10:05 AM
Welcome in. There are no dumb questions here cept the ones that don't get ask. Lots of folks willin to help out.

The Stig
11-09-2012, 11:30 AM
Hello to everyone and thanks in advance for your help. I hope to learn alot here and be around long enough to give back.

I have been thinking about this stuff for years but dont have anyone to.talk to in my rl circles.

Have a great day

Welcome aboard and ask away!

The Stig
11-09-2012, 11:31 AM

Have a great day

Welcome aboard and ask away!

4suchatimeasthis
11-09-2012, 01:45 PM
Welcome AGV and Metrocruiser! Lots of friendly and knowledgeable folks here :)

eagle326
11-09-2012, 02:01 PM
Welcome to the colony Metro ; May your stay be fruitful for you and all of us.

4suchatimeasthis
11-09-2012, 02:32 PM
Welcome AGV and Metrocruiser! Lots of friendly and knowledgeable folks here :)

Metrocruiser
11-11-2012, 02:42 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome. I hope to be abkw to find some more time to read more threads. Been real busy at work.

Yesterday i was working at a contractors house who has a foundation preparation and remediation company. He said that building a small shed in the far corner away from your house is probably the best bet for a hidden disaster shelter. No permit required for most small sheds. Then excavate it out afterwards. He mentioned something called hydrovac. He said the excavation could be done in 2 truckloads. But i thougjt to myself then all my neighbors will know something is up at.my place..

apssbc
11-11-2012, 04:21 AM
Welcome aboard folks good to have you around.

LoganSmith
11-13-2012, 05:17 PM
Good afternoon! My name's Logan Smith, as my profile shows (don't worry, I don't have any problems with someone knowing my name and location)
I've been a "prepper" since I was about 14 (nearly 6 years now!) I was involved with a variety of forums over the years, before my work hours picked up.
I hope to enjoy this one more than I used to enjoy the others!

Grumpy Old Man
11-13-2012, 06:25 PM
Welcome Metro, AGV and Logan from the resident curmudgeon!

Evolver
11-13-2012, 09:08 PM
Welcome to the Colony Logan from a fellow Floridian. We are go to be having a Meet and Greet at The Lone Cabbage Dec 30th so you should try to come. I'll bump up the thread for ya.

Katrina
11-15-2012, 05:06 AM
Haven't been here in awhile but Welcome aboard to all the new ants. Only been making preparations for a little while now.Everyone here is GREAT!! Learned a lot that keeps me going.

ladyhk13
11-15-2012, 05:18 AM
Welcome all new Ants! Welcome Logan....I used to live down in Vero. It was a nice place back then. Origionally from Fl. Miss the beaches but not the traffic and snowbirds.

robsdak
11-15-2012, 09:02 AM
welcome to all the new ants... come in and find a spot...

Buddychrist
11-16-2012, 02:15 AM
C'mon in guys and sit by the fire!!!

You're gonna love this place! All of the guys here are awesome!!!

ladyhk13
11-16-2012, 03:02 AM
^Don't forget the girls!

Buddychrist
11-16-2012, 04:45 AM
^Don't forget the girls!

I'm am pleading the fifth I am so sorry I didn't forget I meant guys as in everyone!

The medication I am on for my back surgery pain doesn't put me in the right of mind and I know it and I do apologize again! I do believe all men and women are created equally and should be treated that way!

ladyhk13
11-16-2012, 04:57 AM
You are forgiven Buddychrist...I understand about the pills. :)

Buddychrist
11-16-2012, 05:19 AM
You are forgiven Buddychrist...I understand about the pills. :)

Thank you! Haha even going to a man dominated website I am kept in line by a woman! I Love it!!!!! Thank you for your understanding and guidance!!!

I have amazing respect for you and all women, they are the makers of or children who give us a future! Even through all the pain and agony of childbirth women have done it without pain meds for a very long time and even the women that can't birth children are great surrogates to husbands and all of you keep us in line!

Ok I'm rambling now in the wrong thread at that haha!!! time for bed, welcome new members both Men and Women, this is a very open and a family friendly site!!!!!

ladyhk13
11-16-2012, 06:09 AM
You're so sweet...and a great backpeddler! haha! I hope you are feeling better.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
11-16-2012, 01:38 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome. I hope to be abkw to find some more time to read more threads. Been real busy at work.

Yesterday i was working at a contractors house who has a foundation preparation and remediation company. He said that building a small shed in the far corner away from your house is probably the best bet for a hidden disaster shelter. No permit required for most small sheds. Then excavate it out afterwards. He mentioned something called hydrovac. He said the excavation could be done in 2 truckloads. But i thougjt to myself then all my neighbors will know something is up at.my place..

I'm a little late "detained elsewhere" but welcome aboard! I'll just echo as everyone else has already said I'm sure that you will be overwhelmed will intell and friends here. Please feel free to spill your guts as well. Remember......the only dumb question is the one that was never asked. Now about your "Hydrovac excavation" You should start your own thread on this right a away so everyone can jump on this idea and contribute their ideas. I think you're on to something here. Carry on............

Domeguy
11-20-2012, 07:19 AM
Hello all. First off I would like to thank Ladyhk13, and her husband Brownwater Riverrat 13 for their invite to this site, and to appologize to everyone ahead of my many mistakes I will make in the days ahead. So, who am I? Well, pull up a chair next to the wood stove, I'll throw a couple more logs on the fire, top off your drink, and we'll chat for a while. I have lived in Tessessee since 1976 (except for a few years here and there, while I was married to Satins daughter) and I love it here. I now live in the hills outside of Lynchburg, where the sweet smell of sour mash comes wafting through the hills. I am married to Domegal, the sweetest little nurse you ever did see. We have been married for over 10 years, and look forward to growing old with her. I am 51, and had to take a medical retirement for my place of employment.

[

The Stig
11-20-2012, 11:33 AM
Welcome in Domeguy. Hope you find lots of great information here and a place on the net to call home for a while.

Sniper-T
11-20-2012, 12:47 PM
Welcome to all, since my last visit here. I'm looking foreward to hearing from you

ladyhk13
11-21-2012, 12:42 AM
Hi domeguy! Nice to see you here, hope that sweetie of a wife of yours is able to get on here once in a while too. Ya'll will have to come to our next TN meet and greet so you can get to know the rest of our TN (and hopefully our Ohio and Michigan-TN kind of adopted them) guys too. They are awesome! Watch out for Sniper T - he eats cats, Grumpy tries to save them though. Izzy is kind of weird in a nice sort of way...you'll get to know everyone soon since it doesn't take long.

izzyscout21
11-21-2012, 12:48 AM
Izzy is kind of weird in a nice sort of way..

who you callin' wierd??

ladyhk13
11-21-2012, 01:10 AM
Uhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmm........nobody?:confused: HI BROTHER!!! How's the family??? :)

Buddychrist
11-21-2012, 02:52 AM
Welcome all new members if I have missed any!

Update you guys I am doing good, I'm just gonna keep on truckin forward!

Metrocruiser
11-21-2012, 03:59 AM
I'm a little late "detained elsewhere" but welcome aboard! I'll just echo as everyone else has already said I'm sure that you will be overwhelmed will intell and friends here. Please feel free to spill your guts as well. Remember......the only dumb question is the one that was never asked. Now about your "Hydrovac excavation" You should start your own thread on this right a away so everyone can jump on this idea and contribute their ideas. I think you're on to something here. Carry on............

Hi BRr thanks for the welcome everyone.
I live in a major city but my heart has always welcomed the outdoors, dogs, guns and beer.
The last 15 years since i got married i have had my toys in limbo. Beer as well. My 1 ton bronco rusted out in the garage. I did keep my d60s and tires. Recently i just started playing with my guns again due to family planning in case of natural disaster or worse. Over the past 5 years i have been trying hard to come back to my rougher young mans lifestyle. Now that the kids are getting a little older i have convinced the wife to let me start building a bov for our weekend out of the city adventures to get my kids more accustomed to some survival skills.

I hope to post some pics of my projects soon.

mitunnelrat
11-21-2012, 04:13 AM
Ya'll will have to come to our next TN meet and greet so you can get to know the rest of our TN (and hopefully our Ohio and Michigan-TN kind of adopted them) guys too. They are awesome!

I'm hoping to have a few more from MI join us next year. Half of my ride was pretty lonely! lol

Welcome in everyone, I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you through our discussions here.

ladyhk13
11-21-2012, 06:59 AM
Sorry MTR...ya know LB and Kodiak are going to have to check out anyone first and then do a pat down before letting them in the truck. Don't want any stuff like they saw when you came out of your tent last time LOL!!!!!!!!!! We have to be careful who we bring in the fold especially from the North :)

LUNCHBOX
11-21-2012, 10:08 AM
There you go Lady, now MTR is going to turn all shy on us (at least we hope he does) As for the individuals he brings with him...I think we can trust his judgement.

eagle326
11-21-2012, 01:37 PM
who you callin' wierd??

No problem Izzy. Weird is in the same group as the word abnormal.
What people don't understand is the word abnormal is an abbreviated word. It's short for Above Normal. There-fore brother you're amongst an elite group of thinkers. :p

mitunnelrat
11-21-2012, 07:49 PM
One "little" lapse due to sleep deprivation and a guy gets a reputation...

I guess its deserved though, I've never been shy about sharing what I'm packing, and that isn't likely to change. I'd say I'm sorry to dash LB's hopes, but I'm following the LJ Gibbs approach these days...

"Never aplogize, its a sign of weakness" ;)

ladyhk13
11-21-2012, 09:55 PM
There you go Lady, now MTR is going to turn all shy on us (at least we hope he does) As for the individuals he brings with him...I think we can trust his judgement.

MTR shy???? Ha, now that's funny! Remember he's the one that went over and told those people to turn off their light...very nicely though I have to admit :)
We just want to make sure that anyone he brings isn't as "shy in the morning" as he is ;) ;)

mitunnelrat
11-21-2012, 10:06 PM
Lmao! You guys really don't think I'm shy? I must have been operating in the confines of my comfort zone if that's the case.

ladyhk13
11-21-2012, 10:12 PM
You were at first but I think the drink that was brought by our brothers up North made you loosen up greatly!!!!

mitunnelrat
11-21-2012, 10:26 PM
Hmm. It usually takes more alcohol than that, but you're probably right.

I'm sure it wouldn't have had anything to do with the fact that I could relate to and liked everyone there ;)

ladyhk13
11-22-2012, 07:09 AM
Awe, you're so sweet. Even after all the crap we give you. Must mean we like ya ok huh? :cool:

- - - Updated - - -

Izzy isn't too abnormal...just a little on the dark side. Fits right in..."yes master" ... As long as you aren't a donkey (yeah, that means being a jack ass too) you are safe around him.

Domeguy
11-25-2012, 03:42 AM
Thank you Mr. Stig. I have been a huge fan of your driving for quite some time now. I hope to stick around for a while and learn from you folks.

Evolver
11-25-2012, 12:56 PM
Welcome to the board, pull up a log by the fire and the coffee is always on.

Buddychrist
12-01-2012, 12:29 AM
Just wondering any of y'all have a Playstation 3?

PM me your PSN and ill add up!

Domeguy
12-02-2012, 04:18 AM
Yes, I do have a PS3.

greg48
12-05-2012, 06:28 PM
hello all. i spent 23+ yrs working for uncle sam, did some shooting, breaking things etc.... i live in the midwest.
i had been thinking about things to come for this great nation of ours for some time, the fall of '11 i stumbled upon "doomsday preppers" i think it was god telling me to get my family ready for what's coming? i've not got a network, i have been assessing my neighbors, my closest neighbor, a divorced lady is a registered RN, she works as a surgical nurse in the OR at a local hospital, she'll be my Chief Medical Officer.

greg48
12-05-2012, 06:35 PM
when the SHTF i can get by with out alot, coffee is not one of them. first thing in my bag, coffee...

bacpacker
12-06-2012, 12:24 AM
Welcome in Greg and all the other new folks. Glad to have you in the colony.

Sniper-T
12-06-2012, 03:11 PM
Welcome aboard Greg! I hear you, coffee goes hand in hand with TP. You can never have too much
:)

scraig7339
12-06-2012, 04:09 PM
Hello!! I was told about this site from my father (eagle326) and was invited to join. He raves about all of you and how knowledgeable everyone is. So here I am ready to learn. Thank you!

Metrocruiser
12-06-2012, 04:32 PM
when the SHTF i can get by with out alot, coffee is not one of them. first thing in my bag, coffee...

Omg how could i have overlooked my coffee..

Thanks and welcome!!

Metrocruiser
12-06-2012, 04:33 PM
Welcome scraig.

apssbc
12-06-2012, 04:36 PM
Welcome to the colony!

eagle326
12-06-2012, 05:30 PM
Now that you're here your next mission is to go to the member heading and click on groups and join us at the Ant colony saloon.

And dad's picking up your tab. Ahh hell might as well pick everybody's seeing as how you're going to buy the bar drinks on Dad's dime anyway. ;)

spirit
12-06-2012, 07:20 PM
Howdy everyone. I found this site thru the SHTF section of HiPoint forums. So far what I've seen I like and the patch looks cool too. I am looking forward to learning from this site and hope I can provide some input also. BTW, I am a retired SFC from the SC National Guard and did time in Afghanistan and Desert Storm.

Sniper-T
12-06-2012, 07:21 PM
I was hoping to organize a party in there this weekend, but it looks like it's going to be a bust

:(

I'll join you for a drink Eagle(&son)
And you don't have to worry about the tab if you like martinis, I got all the fixin's for every kind

eagle326
12-06-2012, 07:30 PM
I was hoping to organize a party in there this weekend, but it looks like it's going to be a bust

:(

I'll join you for a drink Eagle(&son)
And you don't have to worry about the tab if you like martinis, I got all the fixin's for every kind

Thanks Sniper. And scraig7339 is a girl ; my daughter. :D Have you been taste testing those Martinis ? ;)

Evolver
12-06-2012, 07:41 PM
Hello!! I was told about this site from my father (eagle326) and was invited to join. He raves about all of you and how knowledgeable everyone is. So here I am ready to learn. Thank you!

A daughter of Eagle's is a welcomed gift to the colony. :)

Grumpy Old Man
12-06-2012, 07:43 PM
A curmudgeonly welcome to Greg, scraig and Spirit from the resident curmudgeon.

Sniper-T
12-06-2012, 08:51 PM
oops, my bad, sorry scraig!

and Welcome Spirit!

robsdak
12-06-2012, 11:22 PM
yep, welcome to the newest and 'oldest' members. i forget about saying hello, most of the time. not that i am rude, just forgetful. :) and Eagle, i will have a tall frosty soda water. as i don't drink.:)

Brownwater Riverrat 13
12-07-2012, 12:15 AM
Howdy everyone. I found this site thru the SHTF section of HiPoint forums. So far what I've seen I like and the patch looks cool too. I am looking forward to learning from this site and hope I can provide some input also. BTW, I am a retired SFC from the SC National Guard and did time in Afghanistan and Desert Storm.

"HOO-YAH" and welcome aboard. I'm sure you'll find your niche around here somewhere. We appreciatecha! Lots to do and learn, bestowe your wisdom upon us..............have fun. See ya around........

Brownwater Riverrat 13
12-07-2012, 12:30 AM
hello all. i spent 23+ yrs working for uncle sam, did some shooting, breaking things etc.... i live in the midwest.
i had been thinking about things to come for this great nation of ours for some time, the fall of '11 i stumbled upon "doomsday preppers" i think it was god telling me to get my family ready for what's coming? i've not got a network, i have been assessing my neighbors, my closest neighbor, a divorced lady is a registered RN, she works as a surgical nurse in the OR at a local hospital, she'll be my Chief Medical Officer.

Welcome aboard! You're going to enjoy yourself here, I know I have. Great people, lots of knowledge and many friends to make, hope you enjoy your stay. See you around......did 22.....Navy

ladyhk13
12-07-2012, 12:35 AM

Welcome to the colony! Did he tell you we have a Ladies Forum? Yeah, he can't get in it though...to bad for him :) You can request to join and I'll approve ya so you can come on in and visit with the rest of the wonderful ladies we have here. We are sooooooo outnumbered so we are very happy to have you here! I think you'll like it, everyone is wonderful.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
12-07-2012, 12:42 AM

Aaaaahhh, a fledgling! Eagle I'm surprised you let one wander so far from the nest. Welcome Aboard, please tell what "stupid Human Tricks" has dear ol' dad done for us that we don't know about? We could all use a good laugh, then we'll start teachin how's that for a deal?

ladyhk13
12-07-2012, 12:43 AM
Welcome to all of you who have just come on board. You have now come into an alternate universe.

bacpacker
12-07-2012, 12:56 AM
Welcome in Spirit and SCraig. Glad you all decided to join up. Look forward to hearing what you have to share.

Buddychrist
12-07-2012, 12:37 PM
Welcome to the colony!!!

Very good people here except for the people that make fun of crocs!!! They get the taser!!!

The Stig
12-07-2012, 12:43 PM
Welcome aboard to all our new members. We're honored that you've chosen to spend time with us.

Buddychrist
12-07-2012, 01:06 PM
Really good people here and its very educational and fun!

ladyhk13
12-07-2012, 08:02 PM
Welcome to the colony!!!

Very good people here except for the people that make fun of crocs!!! They get the taser!!!

Bring it on Buddy...No fear here! Crocs are for sissy's :P
nanny nanny boo boo!

eagle326
12-08-2012, 01:26 PM
Aaaaahhh, a fledgling! Eagle I'm surprised you let one wander so far from the nest. Welcome Aboard, please tell what "stupid Human Tricks" has dear ol' dad done for us that we don't know about? We could all use a good laugh, then we'll start teachin how's that for a deal?

What are you up to BRR ? :rolleyes:

Jimmy24
12-08-2012, 04:58 PM
Welcome to all new folks. Hope you enjoy your stay.

Jimmy

Buddychrist
12-09-2012, 03:18 AM
Bring it on Buddy...No fear here! Crocs are for sissy's :P
nanny nanny boo boo!

*Tightens up back brace and slips on camo crocs*

Where's the Octagon? Lets go!

RedJohn
12-09-2012, 07:34 AM
Welcome all the members that I haven't talked to yet.

ladyhk13
12-14-2012, 02:47 AM

"She puts on her leathers and pulls her hat down just above her eyes and says...bring it on boys...these heels will crush those crocs any day of the week"

Stormfeather
12-14-2012, 03:45 AM

"She puts on her leathers and pulls her hat down just above her eyes and says...bring it on boys...these heels will crush those crocs any day of the week"

What the hell did I walk into?!?!

izzyscout21
12-14-2012, 04:15 AM
What the hell did I walk into?!?!

I was pondering that myself.........

Buddychrist
12-14-2012, 08:25 PM
I was pondering that myself.........

Lol she made fun of my crocs and we are just joking. Just some light fun banter, nothing else!

mitunnelrat
12-14-2012, 09:09 PM
At least you hope that's what it is, I mean, you're already suspected of being a girly-man for wearing crocs... I'm sure it would just be straight embarrassing if she whupped ya and proved it for a fact! ;)

Buddychrist
12-14-2012, 09:39 PM
At least you hope that's what it is, I mean, you're already suspected of being a girly-man for wearing crocs... I'm sure it would just be straight embarrassing if she whupped ya and proved it for a fact! ;)

Right now a month out of surgery I could see she can stand a chance. But... This 6'2" 275Lb disabled firefighter still has a fight in him. As long as I have my back brace ill throw down in the octagon with no remorse!

That and there would have to be rules, just no punching in the lower spine, don't wanna be paralyzed from a fight. Otherwise lets go!

mitunnelrat
12-15-2012, 01:50 AM
LOL! Trust me, Buddy, you don't know what you're getting yourself into... But hey, it'll be entertaining!

I'm laying odds 2:1 in her favor. Anyone else want in?

eagle326
12-15-2012, 03:34 AM
I'd have to go with Lady13. And here's why.

I was once told by a very old and wise southern gentleman about southern women. And the one thing he told me to remember if nothing else was this.

( A southern girl will smile right up to the time she kills you. )

1- The man was old so I figure he knew what he was talkin' about.
2- I have to wonder what she'd do to you if she wasn't smiling before she killed you.

So being what it is and nothing against you Buddy ; but I ain't pissing off no southern lady or betting against her. :eek:

ladyhk13
12-15-2012, 05:41 AM
Buddy I think you have met your match here. You should really listen to the guys, especially the ones who have met me :cool:
I'm small but mighty and can't be blamed if I can't reach any higher than your lower back. Guess I'll have to bring a stool in order to go eye to eye with ya. But I'm not ascared of you - the bigger they are the harder they fall!

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe you should just find a new pair of shoes and get it over with? Say "Uncle"?

Grumpy Old Man
12-15-2012, 09:16 AM
I, personally, would retire from the field. Lady HK is one fine person and a warrior in her own right! Not to mention that BWRR is a grumpy old man such as myself!

Age and treachery will overcome youth and skill!!

Love you guys, BWRR and LadyHK!

Sniper-T
12-21-2012, 12:57 PM
Buddy, just put your hand out on her forehead and hold her at a distance until she swings herself out! You can do it!

I'll watch your back, pal!

Sorry lady, but I just gotta http://i605.photobucket.com/albums/tt140/Sniper-T/nest.gif

lol

Buddychrist
12-22-2012, 08:19 PM
Lol I would never fight a woman regardless of any situation. Nonetheless my wife has no problem with my crocs and she's the only one I care to impress which isn't very hard for me to do anyways.

But if the case came to the octagon 9/10 I have a 8"+ reach over my opponent and a much larger muscle mass also along with training. What the UFC would call extreme advantage.

Place your bets guys!

msomnipotent
12-28-2012, 07:05 PM
I, personally, would retire from the field. Lady HK is one fine person and a warrior in her own right! Not to mention that BWRR is a grumpy old man such as myself!

Now that I am over 40, the "old age and treachery" is my motto. And then my nephew announces in front of everyone during Thanksgiving dinner that he can outsmart any of us old farts, to which I stand up proudly with my finger in the air and say...."What was that thing they say about old age and treachery?"

ladyhk13
12-29-2012, 03:22 AM

Thanks Grumps....love you back! So disappointed you decided to go to Texas. You always have my back :)

ladyhk13
12-29-2012, 03:28 AM
Buddy, just put your hand out on her forehead and hold her at a distance until she swings herself out! You can do it!

I'll watch your back, pal!

Sorry lady, but I just gotta http://i605.photobucket.com/albums/tt140/Sniper-T/nest.gif

lol

Yeah Sniper Dude I'm used to it from you! I know it would amuse you to no end to see that but ya see when I was in high school and a cheerleader we had an awesome wrestling team and I learned all the moves so it wouldn't take me long to get out of that little "forehead" position and have the big guy down on the ground crying for his mama. Keep it up and I'll have to make a point of making you cry one of these days too! Why are you so mean to me all the time:confused:??? Grumps is always nice to me. He's my buddy :)

ladyhk13
12-29-2012, 03:34 AM
Lol I would never fight a woman regardless of any situation. Nonetheless my wife has no problem with my crocs and she's the only one I care to impress which isn't very hard for me to do anyways.

But if the case came to the octagon 9/10 I have a 8"+ reach over my opponent and a much larger muscle mass also along with training. What the UFC would call extreme advantage.

Place your bets guys!

Ahah! But you underestimate the cunning of a 4'11'' schneaky schneaky determined woman! AND remember that your 8" reach does you no good when you can't even twist your back to match my swift catlike moves. My low center of gravity shall bring you to your knees before you even know I'm behind you! Triumph goes to the little person!! And the crowd goes wild!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You must have a wonderful and very understanding wife. You better be super nice to her!

Grumpy Old Man
12-31-2012, 05:40 PM

Place your bets guys!

Remember the story of the shepherd boy David and the Philistine giant, Goliath of Gath?

Buddychrist
01-01-2013, 12:21 AM
Remember the story of the shepherd boy David and the Philistine giant, Goliath of Gath?

Oh yeah not only do I know it but my brother was named David, Actually all three of us got our first names from the bible.

I've got great faith in god, that's the only reason I can deal with my grandfather going into hospice.

But I will remember to bring my Sling

ladyhk13
01-01-2013, 06:05 AM
I guess if you feel you need a sling against a little itty bitty girl then bring it on. I'm not ascared of you :p God watches over and protects the meek and mild (which is me in case you were confused - bless your heart haha!!!).
I am praying for your grandpa and your family on a serious note. I know the Lord is holding him close.

Diz
01-07-2013, 02:11 AM
I'm thinking that this is where I introduce myself ... Anyway, I'm Diz and looking for any insight and information here to help get through what's coming and maybe contribute a little along the way. A few know me from another Forum and invited me to come by and check things out here. I joined a while back but haven't posted till now. Anyway ... it's nice to be here. I'm going to have to get used to the format.

izzyscout21
01-07-2013, 03:14 AM
Welcome to the colony, Diz.

bacpacker
01-07-2013, 10:14 AM
Welcome.

Willie51
01-07-2013, 03:09 PM
I'm thinking that this is where I introduce myself ... Anyway, I'm Diz and looking for any insight and information here to help get through what's coming and maybe contribute a little along the way. A few know me from another Forum and invited me to come by and check things out here. I joined a while back but haven't posted till now. Anyway ... it's nice to be here. I'm going to have to get used to the format.

Diz,

Welcome aboard buddy, we've missed you! This is the best group here, totally opposite of what we experienced somewhere else. No trolls, no pinheads, just good people helping each other. Anyway, great to have you man!

Willie

MegaCPC
01-07-2013, 03:52 PM
Welcome Diz. I mostly read and don't post much.

Willie is right on. I've found that the information here is accurate, and presented reasonably by people with experience.

prepguide
01-07-2013, 04:20 PM
Welcome aboard Diz, good information and good people here.

Diz
01-07-2013, 10:14 PM
Hey Willie! ... the main pinhead in the other place was banned recently so I may show back up there if things workout. I see Evolver, Justa and a few others are here also. Looks like a good place.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

Evolver
01-07-2013, 11:17 PM
Good to see ya man and you'll fit right in !!! Let me guess... was it BTP that got banned? Justa and I have been here for over a year now and there hasn't been a single member that has had to be banned. Red John and Stig are the king ants and when someone gets out of line they get humbled right off the bat by... if not them... the colony fire ant swarm. :p Whats nice also about this site is politics aren't allowed and you never have to worry about side stepping around cursing so if you ever fill the need to curse... go right ahead. :)

It's good to see ya Bro!

Evo

Diz
01-08-2013, 12:37 AM
Thanks Evo and yes it was BTP. He was being his usual self and with Bildo at that, so he was warned then canned after he didn't take the warning.

Evolver
01-08-2013, 12:56 AM
Boy... how did I know it would be that dick that loves to read his own replies over and over and over...! :rolleyes:

Katrina
01-08-2013, 01:11 AM
Welcome Diz!!

mitunnelrat
01-08-2013, 10:23 PM
Welcome in, Diz.

Willie51
01-09-2013, 12:26 AM
Hey Willie! ... the main pinhead in the other place was banned recently so I may show back up there if things workout. I see Evolver, Justa and a few others are here also. Looks like a good place.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

It's good to hear that the owner and moderators finally saw the light. Too bad it's wasn't a long time ago before he ran off many very good people. Anyways, I for one won't be going back there....this site is too good and like Evolver said, RJ and Stig and the mods don't put up with disrespectful turds who have nothing better to do than start trouble. This site is all about fellowship and learning....together. Again, great to have you here brother!!

Oh, and don't bother going back over there, this place is all ya need. :o And yes Evolver, Justa, Onestep, and a few others are here. Hopefull we can put together another M&G in the next couple of months in the center of the state. Need to talk to Evolver as I think he has something in mind.

apssbc
01-09-2013, 02:59 AM
Welcome aboard Diz good to have another member of the colony.

bourneshooter
01-10-2013, 01:09 AM
Hello, I was referred here by a member on another forum. He said the goal was to be a non goofball forum where stupidity was not tolerated and SME's were respected. A quick browse says that seems to be the case.

I'll look around and post advice within my lane and questions when I can't find the answer by search.

izzyscout21
01-10-2013, 01:19 AM
Welcome to the colony, Bourneshooter!

We try to keep it civil and down to earth around here.

bacpacker
01-10-2013, 01:42 AM
Welcome, glad your here.

mitunnelrat
01-10-2013, 01:56 AM
Welcome bourneshooter.

Willie51
01-10-2013, 02:08 AM
Welcome bourneshooter, glad you're here.

MegaCPC
01-10-2013, 10:27 PM
Welcome!

ladyhk13
01-11-2013, 02:28 AM
Looks like we have ourselves a few more ANTS in the colony....better create some more tunnels! Welcome everyone!

- - - Updated - - -

Ooops, yeah Diz this is where you say hello. We kind of got into a little "big guy against little girl" fight of wills here. I think I won :)

Buddychrist
01-11-2013, 03:43 AM
Welcome new members

Don't mind the joking around its all clean fun! On a side note I'm gonna try to keep this on topic, doesn't mean I've given up! Lol

mitunnelrat
01-11-2013, 07:26 PM
a try to keep this on topic, doesn't mean I've given up! Lol

Dude... "You gotta know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em. Know when to walk away, know when to run"...

You've seen the advice to fold 'em, and I'd now advise you just run! Lol. I know the hand she has to play, and there just may be an Ace backing it :D

robsdak
01-12-2013, 11:20 PM
welcome to the new members. i guess i am not a very good ant, i forget to come in here and say hi the the new members.

christian prepper
01-20-2013, 12:55 AM
New member here from illinois

RedJohn
01-20-2013, 01:44 PM

Welcome to the colony.

Evolver
01-20-2013, 02:07 PM
Welcome from FL.

prepguide
01-20-2013, 02:13 PM
Welcome from Oklahoma!

Willie51
01-20-2013, 02:19 PM

Welcome from NW Florida. :)

Stormfeather
01-20-2013, 02:27 PM
Welcome from Wisconsin

Buddychrist
01-20-2013, 03:08 PM
Welcome to the colony! Drag up a seat!

bacpacker
01-20-2013, 07:54 PM
Welcome from Tn.

Katrina
01-21-2013, 03:54 AM
Welcome from MI

robsdak
01-24-2013, 04:29 AM
CP, welcome from FL (the good end) :p. pull up,sit down and stay awhile.

Grumpy Old Man
01-24-2013, 03:32 PM
Welcome all from someone in transit!

Evolver
01-25-2013, 11:56 PM
Welcome all from someone in transit!
We need an update. :) How is the move going?

Willie51
01-26-2013, 02:20 AM
CP, welcome from FL (the good end) :p. pull up,sit down and stay awhile.

"the good end".....Hey buddy, you got that right. :o;):cool:

2die4
02-02-2013, 01:25 AM
I would like to introduce to the colony Glenn. Username GlennGoodliffe. He comes to the Colony with a myriad of skills such as garden, solar powr, underground homes, goats, chickens, self-defense (3rd degree black belt in aikido). Please welcome him into the colony he will be an added benefit to already talented pool.

bacpacker
02-02-2013, 01:56 AM
Welcome in Glenn. Glad to have you on board.

izzyscout21
02-04-2013, 09:46 PM
I'd like to be the first to welcome SurvivaleTips to the Colony! He comes to us from our Facebook page. Let's give him warm welcome, as I'm sure he has much knowledge to share.

Evolver
02-04-2013, 10:23 PM
Welcome aboard... if you can't welcome aboard... find a stick. :p

Sry but my Dad said that all the time when we were young after we all got onto the boat and it kinda stuck. :o

On a serious note... Glad you found us Glenn and SurvivaleTips, the coffee is always on, the fire is always tended so pull up a log and join in. :)

Stormfeather
02-05-2013, 01:02 AM
Welcome aboard to all the new ants at the colony, look forward to conversing with you guys!

Taz Baby
02-05-2013, 02:36 AM
Welcome all newbies. This is the finest place on the internet earth that you can find and I do hope you will grab a log and gather around the home fires and chat awhile.

Buddychrist
02-05-2013, 05:01 AM
Welcome to the colony! You will be glad you joined. This is hands down the best member group forum on the Internet!

ladyhk13
02-05-2013, 05:52 AM
Welcome to all. I can already see that you guys are bringing some great skills to the site...especially those who know about off grid living. Can't wait to pick your brain!

Katrina
02-06-2013, 01:50 AM
Welcome, Welcome one and all.

Scroggins
02-25-2013, 03:36 AM
Hey all. Robsdak sent me here, with promise of half of his estate and also some good info. Look forward to reading.

-James

Taz Baby
02-25-2013, 04:32 AM
Welcome to the colony Scroggins. There is a lot of good info here and I am sure since you are a friend of his you will fit in well.

Scroggins
02-25-2013, 05:36 AM
Thanks, Taz. I had a week and a half or so to lurk while my registration got smoothed out. I have to really thank RedJohn for helping me get it sorted out and really going out of his way and do things I wouldn't have expected. My first experience with the forum was pretty frustrating, and he really blew me away. Good guy.

Much better than that Robsdak guy! ;)

Taz Baby
02-25-2013, 01:37 PM
Yea Red John is our
http://moarpowah.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/superman.gif

here and we love him to death. He is the bestest in the westest, the goodest of all goodness.

robsdak
02-25-2013, 02:11 PM
EASY NOW... don't speak ill of me, i'll have Grumpy smack you around. :) hey, i am glad you finally made it. guys, this is 'My Brother from Another Mother' now we have another avenue of conversation. i told you, a bunch of good people here, you'll fit in fine.

bacpacker
02-25-2013, 04:21 PM
Welcome to the colony.

Evolver
02-25-2013, 10:06 PM
Hey all. Robsdak sent me here, with promise of half of his estate and also some good info. Look forward to reading.

-James

(Big Grin) We're Ants... What Robsdak offered you was a tunnel thats half way dug ;) The dirt will be easy digging now that RJ hooked you up with the right tools so... Dig up a cozy chamber and settle in.

Hello from Florida. (A tad South and all the way East of Robsdak)

mitunnelrat
02-26-2013, 01:43 AM
Welcome in!

gbashby
02-26-2013, 03:04 AM
Central AR. 6 yrs ARNG Infantry. Trying to gain knowledge about prepping. 20+ yrs in medical field.

robsdak
02-26-2013, 11:21 AM
Central AR. 6 yrs ARNG Infantry. Trying to gain knowledge about prepping. 20+ yrs in medical field.

welcome aboard. good too see new 'ants'.

RedJohn
02-26-2013, 02:48 PM

-James
I am glad that you finally made it. Welcome to the colony.

Evolver
02-27-2013, 10:44 PM
Welcome to the board and your medical exp will be a useful so we might learn a thing or too from you. :)

Grumpy Old Man
02-28-2013, 01:10 AM
Welcome to all the new ants! And I don't slap anyone around unless I am paid a fifth of Rye in advance!

Buddychrist
02-28-2013, 05:10 AM
Welcome to the colony everyone! Real peaceful and learning place here that has allot to offer!

robsdak
02-28-2013, 12:18 PM
Welcome to all the new ants! And I don't slap anyone around unless I am paid a fifth of Rye in advance!

that can be arranged. do you take PayPal? LMAO!!!

Taz Baby
02-28-2013, 05:23 PM
Welcome to all the new ants. Looks like we might need to build a new anthill.

72hrbugoutbag
03-02-2013, 05:28 PM
I just wanted to say thanks for inviting me to your forum. From what I can see so far, I am definitely looking forward to gleaning some useful information as well as giving some of my own.

bacpacker
03-02-2013, 06:14 PM
Welcome to the colony 72. I look forward to reading what you have to share.

piranha2
03-02-2013, 11:01 PM
Welcome to all the new ants. Looks like we might need to build a new anthill.

We could just expand our colony like the piss....... I mean fireants do down here. Welcome to all the new colony members.

Richarddbeck
03-08-2013, 02:58 PM
Hey all I'm Richard. I've loved camping, hunting, and fishing as a kid and teen, so this kind of thing is deep in my blood. Having said that I've nearly turned into a city slicker in the last 10 years. I got married, an office job as a designer for a military contractor. In my line of work I started to see a lot of things (which will remain unsaid I don't want to be political) that made me want to get back to my roots and get prepared for S*** to hit the fan.

I love shooting all types of guns. I also enjoy gunsmithing and generally modifying anything that can be modified.

Taz Baby
03-08-2013, 03:13 PM
Welcome Richard and tell your wife to join too. We have a great family here and we all help and learn together. We also have a ladies section just for the girls for those "Girl Thangs". The guys here are all like big brothers to us and a girl can never have to many Big Brothers now can she?

Xzaniel
03-13-2013, 08:07 PM
Just wanted to say hello to all... I'm new to the forum and still a noob to the whole prepping functionality... I've been interested in, and have accumulated things for quite a while associated with being prepared... It's just putting it into logical order and being balanced that I need to work on, and am looking for help with... That said I'm man of 1 wife and a father of 4 girls so I have several areas of prep I need to get a handle on, so I'll be seeing you all around the forum... Mostly I'll be reading but soon to follow will be questions...

bacpacker
03-13-2013, 10:18 PM
Welcome to the colony.

Taz Baby
03-14-2013, 12:18 AM
Welcome X

2die4
03-14-2013, 12:44 AM
Welcome X.

4suchatimeasthis
03-14-2013, 01:22 AM
Wow, we are growing lately! Woo hoo, go ants!!! Welcome one and all :)

Stormfeather
03-15-2013, 12:42 AM
Welcome aboard X

Katrina
03-18-2013, 04:33 AM
Welcome aboard all the new ants from Mid Michigan

robsdak
03-18-2013, 04:58 AM
wow, not around as much and new members are sneaking in. LOL welcome all. i am for sure you will feel right at home shortly.

Evolver
03-19-2013, 10:13 PM
Welcome aboard 72, Rich and X from Central East Coast Florida. :)

izzyscout21
03-19-2013, 11:37 PM
Welcome in to all the new folks!

Xzaniel
03-19-2013, 11:40 PM
Thanks all for the kindly welcome. I've read around the forum quit a bit and made a couple post you all seem to be a good bunch of folks and with so much good things to share. Thanks again for making me welcomed.

Evolver
03-20-2013, 12:22 AM
The coffee is always on and the fire is always tended. :)

supraneurotoxin
04-02-2013, 03:18 AM
i! I live in upstate ny, long time outdoorsy guy. boy scout, 0311, emt-b, dad, lake brat. I enjoy fishing, canning, gardening, stocking, herbal medicine, diy, cooking, pioneer/other olde timey skills, bushcraft, camping, ultra light hiking, tough mudder(buffalo 7/27/13, wooo!) long walks on the beach, cuddling, etc.
Long time member of zombie squad(read: Hipster undead fan. I liked zombies before they were cool.), the high road, when shtf, and a few others.
This post was hastily completed, but I wanted to make sure I got an intro in before I went gallivanting around posting thing's :p

mitunnelrat
04-02-2013, 03:49 AM
Welcome in!

2die4
04-02-2013, 10:55 AM
i! I live in upstate ny, long time outdoorsy guy Another fellow NY Upstater. Welcome!

momwithaprep
04-02-2013, 11:22 AM
Howdy, folks, I'm Mom with a Prep and new to the board! I keep running into referrals to the forum on FB so decided to go ahead and join.

Our family is relatively new to prepping, still in research and accumulation stages, wanting so much much more. We homeschool our two children and have finally talked the Mr. into some chickens! (big excitement here as we're beginning the coop today)

Taz Baby
04-02-2013, 12:53 PM
Welcome to the ant family Mom. I home schooled all 3 of my kids also. I am sure you will fit right in and I can't wait to learn from your posts. We have a wonderful women's room here also don't forget to join it too. Have DH to join too.

bacpacker
04-02-2013, 01:10 PM
Welcome to the colony everybody.

Sniper-T
04-02-2013, 10:24 PM
Welcome aboard to all I haven't welcomed. seen some great posts by some newbs lately, hopefully it'll be an on-going trend. No one here is going to raz you (until you earn it-lol), so post up! The only dumb questions are the ones not asked, and the only dumb posts, are the ones not shared.

sigh!

I love colony life!

:)
T

Evolver
04-02-2013, 10:51 PM
Welcome to the board Bad Vita B (Short for supraneurotoxin and easier to say :)) and Mom!!!.

2die4
04-03-2013, 03:14 AM
Howdy, folks, I'm Mom with a Prep and new to the board! I keep running into referrals to the forum on FB so decided to go ahead and join.

Our family is relatively new to prepping, still in research and accumulation stages, wanting so much much more. We homeschool our two children and have finally talked the Mr. into some chickens! (big excitement here as we're beginning the coop today)

Welcome to the colony!

Katrina
04-04-2013, 05:34 AM
Welcome aboard all. Mom and the other ladies don't forget to go to ladies area.

mitunnelrat
04-04-2013, 06:11 AM
Welcome to the forum, mom.

Willie51
04-05-2013, 02:43 AM
Welcome to all who are new to colony. MOM, good for you on the home schooling. We home schooled our younger son. He then went off to college and did very well. Graduated two years ago with honors, got married last year to his college sweetheart and they both have great careers. She's an ER nurse and he's a Film Maker/Director. So homeschooling does work!

Stg1swret
04-11-2013, 03:08 AM
I guess it is about time I introduced myself, and give you all a little insight into what makes me tick. I am a retire Navy E-6 having served on split service. Did a Nam deployment in 1972, I am 62 years young, and plan to be around for a long time. I am a Christian,who believes the bible is the word of God. I believe my oath of enlistment has no expiration date, yes I am a member of Oath Keepers. I believe in the Constitution as it was written by our founding fathers as the law of the land. I believe in personal responsibility. I make no excuses for my actions. I am a conservative. I have been told on more then one occasion I have an attitude problem, I see it more as a liberals perception problem. I do not help others to feel good, I help others to do good. I have no friends here, I have family.

ladyhk13
04-28-2013, 03:12 AM
EASY NOW... don't speak ill of me, i'll have Grumpy smack you around. :) hey, i am glad you finally made it. guys, this is 'My Brother from Another Mother' now we have another avenue of conversation. i told you, a bunch of good people here, you'll fit in fine.

But you didn't tell him that we paid you to send him over here did you? Guess you owe him like around $500 or so?????? :)

ladyhk13
04-28-2013, 03:18 AM
i! I live in upstate ny, long time outdoorsy guy. boy scout, 0311, emt-b, dad, lake brat. I enjoy fishing, canning, gardening, stocking, herbal medicine, diy, cooking, pioneer/other olde timey skills, bushcraft, camping, ultra light hiking, tough mudder(buffalo 7/27/13, wooo!) long walks on the beach, cuddling, etc.
Long time member of zombie squad(read: Hipster undead fan. I liked zombies before they were cool.), the high road, when shtf, and a few others.
This post was hastily completed, but I wanted to make sure I got an intro in before I went gallivanting around posting thing's :p

Welcome! I lived upstate for a very long time and it is freezing ice cold up there!! Still have family up that way. Beautiful country though.

Grumpy Old Man
04-28-2013, 12:24 PM
Welcome to all the new ants in the colony from the resident curmudgeon. Don't be afraid to go back through older threads. There's lots of good info there. The one that comes immediately to mind is The Chainsaw Primer thread.

ladyhk13
04-29-2013, 05:52 AM

I homeschooled my son as well and he scored so high on the college entrance exams they didn't quite know what to do with him. It's funny that they require a higher standard for home schooled kids to get into college and are almost punished for being so but they are so much smarter than public or even private schooled kids. Now there is some discussion that home schooling may not be a right here in this country with all the stuff going on over the German family who wanted to stay here due to it being illegal over there. It's terrible. Good luck and enjoy it.
So happy about the chickens!!!!!! I've been trying to talk dh into them for years. He hates them...says they are dirty but I've been plugging away at him telling him how much healthier the eggs and meat are for us and how much it breaks my heart the way they are treated in the broiler houses. It makes me cry just talking about it, the poor little things. I know I'll get them one of these days though. What kind did you get? For meat or eggs or both? Please post some pics when you can. I would love to see them!
Welcome to the site, I sent you a pm.

thisdeafguy
06-30-2013, 06:06 PM
Hi, everyone. I'm likely going to be a lurker most of the time here but just though I should at least say hi :-)

As my username indicated, I am indeed deaf. I'm currently waiting to finish my very last semester of college this fall, woohoo! And I'm trying to figure out all sort of thing right now. I have been 'awakened' in the past year and have been slowly trying to develop skills and plans. For now I'm just focusing on actively minimizing my dependencies in general. I want to learn how to hunt animal and grow my own foods so I don't have to depend on a job to pay for foods. I want to learn to enjoy nature more so I don't have to spend money on activities that does not benefit me otherwise. I'm learning to cook more from scratch than before. All of this should benefit me and my wife. I am also trying to learn how to improve infosec and whatnot by deleting my Facebook account and many other sites. So I'm still in middle of decentralizing my info online. I even went as far as to sell my iPad for a Nook HD which I then installed a custom android version for much better security and whatnot. I am strongly interested in homeschooling our future children if we get any.

As for my reason to do so, all of the recent obvious US antics was what pushed me over the fence with some of my changes. I also want to be prepared for the possibility of problems that may arise from trying to find a place to move to once me and my wife have graduated from college and for natural disasters.

Anyway, that's just a snapshot of what I'm trying to do and would like to prepare for. :-)

ElevenBravo
06-30-2013, 06:38 PM
Welcome to the forum DG. Your presence stirs interest in sign language, Ive been thinking about it for a while.

Do you know of any good free programs to self teach sign language??

Hope you enjoy your stay!
EB

bacpacker
06-30-2013, 07:35 PM
Welcome DG. Glad you decided to join us.

Stormfeather
06-30-2013, 09:56 PM
Welcome Supraneuro. . .whatever the rest of it is! Can I just call ya Bob? Larry? Joe? :)

Welcome MomW/Prep! Thats awesome on the homeschooling, trying to talk HH6 into that myself!

Welcome DG, I feel what ya mean when ya say just trying to figure it all out, been there done that got the t-shirt! If ya need any help, done be shy, ask away, every person on here is a fountain of information on multitudes of subjects, and we have no issues with sharing knowledge, so ask away!

To each and every one of you, welcome to the colony, ask questions, share information, and enjoy your stay!

thisdeafguy
07-01-2013, 12:13 AM
Welcome to the forum DG. Your presence stirs interest in sign language, Ive been thinking about it for a while.

Do you know of any good free programs to self teach sign language??

Hope you enjoy your stay!
EB

Thank you for the welcome. :-)

Unfortunately I'm a bit of a mutt when it come to my signing skill since I've moved all over during my childhood. I'm not confident in pointing out any good program for learning sign languages.

The only suggestion I can give you is to find the local deaf group. Many of the bigger cities around the country have regular social meeting for the deaf. Sign language is so dynamic with body language that just learning it from a video or site only teaches half of what you need.

Katrina
07-02-2013, 06:09 PM
Haven't stopped by in awhile but welcome to all new ants. The people here are wonderful and supportive. Do not be afraid to ask questions'cause everybody here has been great.

ladyhk13
07-03-2013, 04:46 AM
Welcome all new Ants! Come on in and stay a while.

ditchmedic
07-03-2013, 06:07 AM
I missed this before on tapatalk4. Switched back to 3 so I guess it's time I introduce myself.

Long time forum user on gun forums. New prepper. Life threw a curveball and my girlfriend is pregnant so now I'm prepping for three. ......er. .......two and a half. But, Im in the process of buying my first house, so that should make life easier.

Big on guns and shooting sports. New reloader.

And I guess the bread and butter of my knowledge and paycheck is a full time EMT for the last two years in a busy system. Paramedic student with 4 months left of class.

Just to throw a stick in the wheel of prepping, my long term goal is to be a flight medic. ........... haven't quite figured out a get home bag for that one yet.

Stormfeather
07-03-2013, 06:17 AM
I missed this before on tapatalk4. Switched back to 3 so I guess it's time I introduce myself.

Long time forum user on gun forums. New prepper. Life threw a curveball and my girlfriend is pregnant so now I'm prepping for three. ......er. .......two and a half. But, Im in the process of buying my first house, so that should make life easier.

Big on guns and shooting sports. New reloader.

And I guess the bread and butter of my knowledge and paycheck is a full time EMT for the last two years in a busy system. Paramedic student with 4 months left of class.

Just to throw a stick in the wheel of prepping, my long term goal is to be a flight medic. ........... haven't quite figured out a get home bag for that one yet.

Heck man, just toss in some supplies into your Aid Bag..., thats what alot of emt's that I know do. Granted, makes for a heavier load, but its not like you are humping it anywhere unless crap actually does hit the fan!

ditchmedic
07-03-2013, 06:27 AM
Heck man, just toss in some supplies into your Aid Bag..., thats what alot of emt's that I know do. Granted, makes for a heavier load, but its not like you are humping it anywhere unless crap actually does hit the fan!

I was thinking more about an inflatable raft so I could Indiana Jones my way out of a helicopter crash

Brownwater Riverrat 13
07-03-2013, 02:50 PM
Wholly Moley.......guess you better learn how to start swimmin to I reckon. Welcome abaord! I was "detained elsewhere" Use your gut man you're an EMT. Cover your first aid and then take a look around here(site) for all the candy you want. This place is full-a "gear whores" and advice givers, most of all......experience. I'm sure one of us has broken what ever you're thinkin about buying. Before you go spending your money we could save you some. ..... So ask an opinion you'll get an honest answer. Maaaaaybe a touch of sarcasm, but we're all friends here. OK most of us.............some peculiar things have happened on our outtings......no really ask away. By the way I commend you for your service brother, keep rockin and be safe. Good luck on the finals!

herofb
07-03-2013, 05:21 PM
Hi All , greetings from Turkey

Actually I've been a member since a while but did not see this topic before so I would like to say hi to everyone and try to introduce myselft a little bit

I'm a 32 years old father who has a 20 month old son so after he came my all life and plans changed. Now i'm acting only with a protect instict and start to prep and be armed

In Turkey we are facing earthquake , teror , maybe a future economic collapse risks and as you know we have lots of friendly neighbours like Iran,Iraq and Syria so a war risk is a possibility too

Unfortunately in Turkey everything for prepping and guns are very expensive and under very strict rules

Best regards

edit: typo

Brownwater Riverrat 13
07-03-2013, 06:25 PM
- - - Updated - - -

Hi All , greetings from Turkey

Actually I've been a member since a while but did not see this topic before so I would like to say hi to everyone and try to introduce myselft a little bit

I'm a 32 years old father who has a 20 month old son so after he came my all life and plans changed. Now i'm acting only with a protect instict and start to prep and be armed

In Turkey we are facing earthquake , teror , maybe a future economic collapse risks and as you know we have lots of friendly neighbours like Iran,Iraq and Syria so a war risk is a possibility too

Unfortunately in Turkey everything for prepping and guns are very expensive and under very strict rules

Best regards

edit: typo

So since you have been a member have you learned anything yet here on the site? I noticed this was your first post in 4 months so I figure you must have been looking around. Without being to nosey How are you doing over there?

herofb
07-03-2013, 06:55 PM
for sure I'm reading the forum and trying to be prepared as much as I can but when 4 months ago I had no word to say because of my zero knowledge about shtf and to be honest I had no preperations , now I feel much more knowledgeable (still not enough) and at least I've a couple of items to share

Firstly I bought a 12.ga semi-automatic shotgun (Hatsan MP-A) , ColdSteel Busman knife,First Aid bag , a multi tool ,etc. and started to keep some food and water also I just started to work to increase my shooting ability too. Next year I'm planning to buy a pistol too but unfortunately min cost is 4-5 k usd here because of the taxes and documents also for pistols we are able to buy only 200 (yes only two hundred) bullets per year so maybe I can invest this money on other preps and shotguns

I hope I will learn much more from here and try to be active at the forum to share my personal experiences too.

izzyscout21
07-03-2013, 08:15 PM
Herofb,

Welcome.

It's nice to see you posting.
I hope you enjoy your time here.

If you dint mind me asking, what part of Turkey are you from?

I stopped through Incirlik and Izmir a few times.

herofb
07-03-2013, 08:19 PM
Thank you for your warm welcome , I'm enjoying here so much here but most important point I'm learning

I'm from Bursa which is between İzmir and İstanbul , i think you were at the army

MegaCPC
07-03-2013, 09:55 PM
Welcome.

I'm enjoying here so much here but most important point I'm learning

There is a ton of information here. Glad to see you join up.

izzyscout21
07-03-2013, 11:01 PM
Thank you for your warm welcome , I'm enjoying here so much here but most important point I'm learning

I'm from Bursa which is between İzmir and İstanbul , i think you were at the army

yeah.....something like that;)

herofb
07-03-2013, 11:39 PM
Thanks mates , in a couple of days i would like to take some pics from my items

Stormfeather
07-04-2013, 12:11 AM
HeroFB, first off, welcome to the site! Its great to know we have friends in other countries learning!
Im amazed at how little pistol ammo you are allowed to purchase per year, must be very hard to practice. Are you able to get components and maybe learn to reload ammo? This may help you out! If you can get powder and primers, you can cast your own bullets very easily from melted tire weights, or any junk lead. I look forward to hearing more about your situation, and the trials you have to go thru prepping in another country! Please keep us informed!

bacpacker
07-04-2013, 12:22 AM
Welcome to the Colony Hero. Like Stormy said, I too look forward to seeing the perspective of folks from outside of Canada/US to see differences and similarities. Enjoy your stay.

herofb
07-04-2013, 06:29 AM
Stormfeather and bacpacker, thanks for your suggestions for practice and warm welcome , to be honest as I do not have a pistol yet I'm not sure what can be done for practice but for sure I will try to find something.As I mentioned before instead of having a pistol I thnik it is better to invest this huge amount (4-5.000 USD) on other items like shotguns and survival items. Also I would like to have your comments on this issue to , would you invest that much money on a pistol which you can not practice too much or have a couple of shotguns with 1-2 k ammo

thanks in advance

LUNCHBOX
07-04-2013, 09:50 AM
^^^^Hero, I think you just answered your own question. If you can purchase more ammo in shotgun than pistol then that (in my opinion) is the way to go.

Take a look in our "weapons" thread and you will find all kinds of suggestions there.

And WELCOME by the way.

herofb
07-04-2013, 11:11 AM
thank you , unfortunately instead of pistol we are only able to buy shotguns , rifles like AR-15 and AK47 is forbidden so it is better to keep some 12.ga ammo or invent a new weapon by myself :)

pythonbjj
07-05-2013, 06:37 AM
respects from TURKEY.

bacpacker
07-05-2013, 03:33 PM
Welcome Python. Enjoy your stay.

infamous1
07-05-2013, 10:28 PM
new here from central NC pretty much into anything hunting, fishing, camping, canning and survival

Stormfeather
07-11-2013, 06:21 AM
Welcome to the forum Python and Infamous, glad to have you folks on board!

Hero, the best I can give as far as advice, is its better to have a gun and ammo you are familiar and competent with, than to be dreaming about the gun you wish you had. If all you can get is a shotgun, then buy one, and become proficient with it. Theres so many different loads available when it comes to a shotgun, that they more than make up for the distance shortcomings or a rifle or the concealability of a pistol. In addition, there are inserts available for shotguns, than you can run rifle ammunition thru it, so maybe that may be a backup plan for you ?

As a side note, its nice to see we are becoming truly international!

Domeguy
08-12-2013, 02:22 PM
Welcome to the Colony Hero. Like Stormy said, I too look forward to seeing the perspective of folks from outside of Canada/US to see differences and similarities. Enjoy your stay.

Welcome to the site everyone. Someone else had already mentioned all the great knowledge collected through everyone here. If you cant find the information you seek, it probably doesn't exist.
And backpacker, I like to think of our northern neighbors as our own kin...and our 51 state. Lol

That Auntie
08-13-2013, 01:17 AM
Hi all, I just joined this morning. Of course, it was later than I realized and I had to prepare for my luncheon. I had a friend coming over with her three kids and two of their cousins for a foraged feast - we had taken them out collecting wood sorrel and sumac. We had wood sorrel soup, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches made with dandelion jelly I made this Spring, and Sumac-lemonade. And while I do some. canning, gardening, and basic foraging for food. We keep food put up - though I know it's hard to really say what is enough of anything when trying to prepared. Mostly, we keep learning and experimenting and try to make steady, even if at times painfully slow progress.

bacpacker
08-13-2013, 01:28 AM
Auntie, Sounds like you had a productive and tasty day.

Welcome to the colony. Pull you up a log by the fire and join in the fun.

ladyhk13
08-13-2013, 02:12 AM
Hi all, I just joined this morning. Of course, it was later than I realized and I had to prepare for my luncheon. I had a friend coming over with her three kids and two of their cousins for a foraged feast - we had taken them out collecting wood sorrel and sumac. We had wood sorrel soup, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches made with dandelion jelly I made this Spring, and Sumac-lemonade. And while I do some. canning, gardening, and basic foraging for food. We keep food put up - though I know it's hard to really say what is enough of anything when trying to prepared. Mostly, we keep learning and experimenting and try to make steady, even if at times painfully slow progress.

Sounds like you are going to fit right in here. Welcome to the colony and I hope you feel free to join our Ladies Forum and get to know the wonderful ladies we have.

GeeWiz
10-29-2013, 02:15 AM
Hello from Idaho! I'm a fairly well-established prepper, but I love to learn from others. I'm looking to see what knowledge I need, so that I can bolster those areas of prepping. Food storage is an example, as is fuel storage.

I will say that I'm more than a bit worried about the future, particularly when I see inflation of food prices here at home, and the Middle-East instability abroad.

But, I do have my faith and a great wife!

bacpacker
10-29-2013, 02:22 AM
Welcome to the forum GW. Glad you decided to say hello. I look forward to hearing your ideas on things. I also share your concerns, along with others.