PDA

View Full Version : Where are the ladies?

RedJohn
12-29-2011, 09:07 AM
The ladies dropped all from the radar before Christmas and have not been seen since. Well, they have not talked since. I saw that they came online a couple days ago, but disappeared again.

Is this because of the holidays? Are their significant ones running them as slaves during the festive period?

I hope that all is well with them.

Sniper-T
12-29-2011, 03:25 PM
I know that Sparrow is out of town and away from her 'puter

Dragonfly
12-29-2011, 04:43 PM
Well, my guess would be that with all the cooking, planning, family visiting, and everything else involved with this time of year that, like me, it is hard to find time to really sit, read and type....I feel lucky when I can get a load of laundry changed out without having one or two extra helpers - and that is on a normal day....

Evolver
12-29-2011, 06:47 PM
Justas been busy making our pennies stretch as far as possible. My work has slowed down and at the moment it's at a stand still until after the new year. She has been working on a budget spread sheet and updating the current prices of all the food item that we normally buy so she can know exactly what items she can buy with x amount dollars then plan our weeks worth of dinner menus.

RedJohn
12-30-2011, 12:51 AM
I am glad they're OK. Dragonfly, why don't you apply for "Lady" status so LadyHK13 can approve your access to the "Ladies Only Section".

izzyscout21
01-04-2012, 02:41 PM
looks like the ladies are starting to make their way back

msomnipotent
01-04-2012, 04:29 PM
I think LadyHK13 is still pretty busy with her new house and land. Someone else might have to approve access to the lady's section. Not that I am speaking for LadyHK, of course. Another lady is busy tending to a family member and I have been running around town. December has been unusually busy for me, and as an added bonus, I just haven't had much to say. Until now....BWAAAAHAHAHA!!!! ;)

RedJohn
01-04-2012, 06:08 PM
I can approve if needed. I am glad to see your names back at the bottom of the main page.

Sparrow
01-04-2012, 07:00 PM
Hey All! Sniper-T is correct ... was without a connection for a week ... and then some.

By the time I pick up my pup he'll have been in the kennel for 2 weeks! Poor pup!

I will speak on behalf of Raven, she is well but very busy!!!

Sniper-T
01-05-2012, 12:42 AM
Welcome back Sparrow... I missed ya!

bacpacker
01-05-2012, 01:02 AM
Yeah, we missed all of you ladies.

ladyhk13
01-05-2012, 01:36 AM
Wow, it's so nice to be missed!!!! Well let's see....we contracted some guys to finish installing some hardwood flooring for us in our hallway and foyer the first week of Dec. Had some Hickory milled and all ready for them to go. They promised it would be done in 3 days. So I had DH pull all of my Christmas stuff down from the attic (normally have everything done for Thanksgiving but behind the 8 ball this year) and started decorating - it takes me almost a week to do the tree since I usually put almost 2-3 thousand lights on it and then layer ornaments on it so you cannot see the tree but since I was so late I had to cut back, then put up my extensive SnowBabies collection and all of my German nutcrackers and smokermen. It was all screwed up this year because we rearranged the living room and added 2 dogs who are are crated and over 70 lbs each so nothing seemed to "fit" into place like usual. Add guys who put the floor down and proceeded to sand the middle of the hallway down to nothing and had to rip the floor up. Just freaking wonderful. $1300. worth of wood and I'm pissed. So the boss has to have new wood milled, supposed to be ready a week later, says he's sick and can't get back out here until another 2 weeks which is now a week before Christmas and I have family coming up from Fl. There is NO way THAT is going to happen. I'm trying to run around and do Christmas shopping because unlike every other year where I have almost all of my shopping done long before Dec. I had hardly even started! Plus having surgery on my wrist hasn't helped any. Of course working on the deal with the property is mixed in all this time as well! My son came up a week before Christmas from college and just left 2 days ago which was wonderful...anyway, the floor guy finally sent his guys out on Monday (notice I said "his guys" - I do believe he didn't send them when the wood was ready because he needed them to work elsewhere to pay for the wood). Then they screwed it up again...shot a nail right through a groove and split the wood, out comes another piece. I swear we should have just done the thing ourselveslike we did the other rooms. Well then yesterday I had to put my cat that I have had almost since her birth 13 years ago to sleep.
Oh yeah, been out to the property 2 times...one of the dogs drank ikky water and puked all the way home then he got a bladder infection and peed all over the house for the past week and on top of that we were supposed to close on the property last Friday but it's on hold until 1) they finish getting the title searches done on all three properties we have easements to go through to get to ours and 2) we just found out that they did one of those crappy "bank" appraisals where they get the appraiser to say it's worth just over what the purchase price is when it's actually worth about $200K more than that and we specifically told them we wanted a REAL appraisal done. Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, that's how our December has gone so far and that's why I haven't been around! HAPPY NEW YEAR!

izzyscout21
01-05-2012, 01:16 PM
^^

Wow. hopefully you will get everything straightened out. I almost called to check on you guys. BTW, you were right. I got WIld Blue.

The Stig
01-06-2012, 12:47 AM
Wow, it's so nice to be missed!!!! Well let's see....we contracted some guys to finish installing some hardwood flooring for us in our hallway and foyer the first week of Dec. Had some Hickory milled and all ready for them to go. They promised it would be done in 3 days. So I had DH pull all of my Christmas stuff down from the attic (normally have everything done for Thanksgiving but behind the 8 ball this year) and started decorating - it takes me almost a week to do the tree since I usually put almost 2-3 thousand lights on it and then layer ornaments on it so you cannot see the tree but since I was so late I had to cut back, then put up my extensive SnowBabies collection and all of my German nutcrackers and smokermen. It was all screwed up this year because we rearranged the living room and added 2 dogs who are are crated and over 70 lbs each so nothing seemed to "fit" into place like usual. Add guys who put the floor down and proceeded to sand the middle of the hallway down to nothing and had to rip the floor up. Just freaking wonderful. $1300. worth of wood and I'm pissed. So the boss has to have new wood milled, supposed to be ready a week later, says he's sick and can't get back out here until another 2 weeks which is now a week before Christmas and I have family coming up from Fl. There is NO way THAT is going to happen. I'm trying to run around and do Christmas shopping because unlike every other year where I have almost all of my shopping done long before Dec. I had hardly even started! Plus having surgery on my wrist hasn't helped any. Of course working on the deal with the property is mixed in all this time as well! My son came up a week before Christmas from college and just left 2 days ago which was wonderful...anyway, the floor guy finally sent his guys out on Monday (notice I said "his guys" - I do believe he didn't send them when the wood was ready because he needed them to work elsewhere to pay for the wood). Then they screwed it up again...shot a nail right through a groove and split the wood, out comes another piece. I swear we should have just done the thing ourselveslike we did the other rooms. Well then yesterday I had to put my cat that I have had almost since her birth 13 years ago to sleep.
Oh yeah, been out to the property 2 times...one of the dogs drank ikky water and puked all the way home then he got a bladder infection and peed all over the house for the past week and on top of that we were supposed to close on the property last Friday but it's on hold until 1) they finish getting the title searches done on all three properties we have easements to go through to get to ours and 2) we just found out that they did one of those crappy "bank" appraisals where they get the appraiser to say it's worth just over what the purchase price is when it's actually worth about $200K more than that and we specifically told them we wanted a REAL appraisal done. Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, that's how our December has gone so far and that's why I haven't been around! HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Mercy....I'm exhausted just from reading that. Hope things work out for you Lady.

I know that's not much but your on-line family is thinking of you. Let us know if you need us to come have an "encouraging talk" with your contractor.

Stormfeather
01-06-2012, 01:04 AM
Well, to all the Ladies, welcome back, you were missed! I added my Lady to the membership rolls here while you guys were gone!

Taz Baby
01-06-2012, 01:40 AM
I am the new LADY on the block. Put a request in to join THE LADIES thread, buy haven,t been approved yet. But now that I read about ladyhk13 I can understand why. Nov. And Dec. Are hard months on women. All that cooking, cleaning and shopping and trying to stay pretty and sweet tempered in a stressfull time can wear you down. All you men just be thankful it is only 2 months out of the year.

Sniper-T
01-06-2012, 02:48 AM
WOW! Talk about a chauvenistic turn... I am a MALE... YET I did All of the Shopping, Wrapping, Cooking, and most of the cleaning. I bought the tree, pulled the decorations from storage, trimmed the tree, sorted the deco's, and did 1/2 the decorating. I also shove the tree up the Angels ass, watered it, and kept the cat out of it.

In addition I did a serious gutting and reorganization of MY kitchen.

This weekend, I start a reno of my pantry.

???

ladyhk13
01-06-2012, 03:30 AM
^^

Wow. hopefully you will get everything straightened out. I almost called to check on you guys. BTW, you were right. I got WIld Blue.

Well still waiting on a closing date...again. I guess this is what happens when ya have to go through 3 other peoples properties in order to get to yours.....the bank wants title searches to prove that there are no problems with easements for us (access and ROW) so here we wait. Glad Wild Blue worked out for you.

ladyhk13
01-06-2012, 03:31 AM
I am the new LADY on the block. Put a request in to join THE LADIES thread, buy haven,t been approved yet. But now that I read about ladyhk13 I can understand why. Nov. And Dec. Are hard months on women. All that cooking, cleaning and shopping and trying to stay pretty and sweet tempered in a stressfull time can wear you down. All you men just be thankful it is only 2 months out of the year.

Taz Baby you are approved so come on over and start a' talking!!!!

ladyhk13
01-06-2012, 03:33 AM
Mercy....I'm exhausted just from reading that. Hope things work out for you Lady.

I know that's not much but your on-line family is thinking of you. Let us know if you need us to come have an "encouraging talk" with your contractor.

Thanks you guys....I feel like I have a bunch of big brothers here! Ya'll are great! :)

izzyscout21
01-06-2012, 01:57 PM
Thanks you guys....I feel like I have a bunch of big brothers here! Ya'll are great! :)

Lady, you do.

If you still have my number, don't hesitate to give me a call if you need anything.

Sparrow
01-06-2012, 04:48 PM
After two weeks away I am just back in the middle-of-nowhere at the project house now. So, I will be online more. I have a renewed motivation to get some serious work done on this house! My timeline is 3 months ... 4 at the max to get it done and ready to be left and back at a 9-5.

So, I will be online ... but my work scheduled will be grueling!

JustAPrepper
01-06-2012, 08:33 PM
The holidays always keep me pretty busy, even though this one was pretty low key. Then comes all the end of year/new year stuff that needs tending to. Making headway but still have a ways to go. I'll be touch and go for a bit.

Evolver
01-06-2012, 08:41 PM
WOW! Talk about a chauvenistic turn... I am a MALE... YET I did All of the Shopping, Wrapping, Cooking, and most of the cleaning. I bought the tree, pulled the decorations from storage, trimmed the tree, sorted the deco's, and did 1/2 the decorating. I also shove the tree up the Angels ass, watered it, and kept the cat out of it.

In addition I did a serious gutting and reorganization of MY kitchen.

This weekend, I start a reno of my pantry.

???

LOL Your reply reminded me of when Justa and I were just corresponding online before I moved to be with her I had my son 21 year old son living with me and I did all of his laundry, cooked for him and even packed his a lunch. Justa made a comment that I would make someone a good wife some day. LOL Well.... I guess it worked! :)

RedJohn
01-07-2012, 06:50 PM
Glad to see that everybody is back. I can sleep better now.

The Stig
01-07-2012, 08:11 PM
Glad to see that everybody is back. I can sleep better now.

Amen to that brother....I love what our women members add the website and for a couple days I was afraid we'd lost that.

ladyhk13
01-07-2012, 09:39 PM
Amen to that brother....I love what our women members add the website and for a couple days I was afraid we'd lost that.

Sorry Stig, I think you are stuck with us. Think you can handle that? Be careful what ya wish for...LOL!

izzyscout21
01-08-2012, 04:09 PM
Sorry Stig, I think you are stuck with us.

Thanks for the warning!;)

ladyhk13
01-08-2012, 11:46 PM
^It's not the warning you should focus on....it's what comes quietly from the flank that ya should be looking for! LOL

izzyscout21
01-13-2012, 04:15 AM
^It's not the warning you should focus on....it's what comes quietly from the flank that ya should be looking for! LOL

I am somewhat unnerved by this...............

ladyhk13
01-13-2012, 04:24 AM
I am somewhat unnerved by this...............

Hey, just practicing my tactical skills...............did I do good?

izzyscout21
01-13-2012, 04:39 AM
yes...........yes indeed.

ravensgrove
01-13-2012, 04:42 AM
I was busy slaving away, since Big J was home on leave for Christmas...so your sneaky suspicion was correct ;)

ladyhk13
01-13-2012, 04:47 AM
yes...........yes indeed.

Snoopy Dance :))))

RedJohn
01-13-2012, 07:43 AM
I was busy slaving away, since Big J was home on leave for Christmas...so your sneaky suspicion was correct ;)

Glad to see that you spent some quality time with your family.

Sniper-T
01-13-2012, 11:44 AM
Snoopy Dance :))))

http://www.knology.net/~dougeagan/Snoopy_Dancing_by_jessie4508.jpg

mollypup
01-13-2012, 02:55 PM
I'm back too. Christmas (before and after) was very hectic. I started posting again a few days ago.

RedJohn
01-13-2012, 03:27 PM
Glad to see that all the ladies are back then some as we had, I believe, a couple more since.